OT: Your Caps Collection, now with more Lord Stanley & Reverse Retro (all-purpose jersey, memorabilia, clothing, etc discussion thread)

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
@AlexBrovechkin8

you holding out on me, brother???

Yeah... I am. Got a Nicky one for myself and a few others for family members. Went to the team store the morning they were released (or the day after) and waited in line for an hour to get in. Also picked up a pretty awesome hoodie and a few winter hats. Already have two Ovie jerseys and I bought a Tom Wilson Stadium Series jersey when I was hammered at 2am a few years back and I had a Lundqvist jersey in my hand that morning but I figured it was time to pay tribute to Nicky. I'm not big on buying jerseys but these are sweet.
IMG-5413.jpg
IMG-5412.jpg
IMG-5411.jpg

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Yeah... I am. Got a Nicky one for myself and a few others for family members. Went to the team store the morning they were released (or the day after) and waited in line for an hour to get in. Also picked up a pretty awesome hoodie and a few winter hats. Already have two Ovie jerseys and I bought a Tom Wilson Stadium Series jersey when I was hammered at 2am a few years back and I had a Lundqvist jersey in my hand that morning but I figured it was time to pay tribute to Nicky. I'm not big on buying jerseys but these are sweet.
View attachment 380921 View attachment 380922 View attachment 380923
Yeah it is. I will be getting one. Just waiting to see if I can pay up for a team issued one. A game worn will be crazy expensive.

speaking of, I did get the Brooks Orpik game worn jersey for the Winter Classic vs Chicago. Awesome jersey.

Couple more that I’ve picked up, but that was the big one (also a Bobby Gould home GW Red from the early 80’s as well).

I’m jealous of that Backs jersey!

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
View attachment 380921 View attachment 380922 View attachment 380923
Is one a hoodie?

I would not object to a reverse retro hoodie. Jersey meh.

Reactions: Calicaps

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yeah it is. I will be getting one. Just waiting to see if I can pay up for a team issued one. A game worn will be crazy expensive.

speaking of, I did get the Brooks Orpik game worn jersey for the Winter Classic vs Chicago. Awesome jersey.

Couple more that I’ve picked up, but that was the big one (also a Bobby Gould home GW Red from the early 80’s as well).

I would love a Brooks Orpik jersey. I am jealous. I wore my 90 white throwback around this weekend. I need a Caps jersey with Scherzer on it. LOL. If I only get one and want it to be someone that will be on the team for a while, who might that be?? 43?

Reactions: Ridley Simon

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I would love a Brooks Orpik jersey. I am jealous. I wore my 90 white throwback around this weekend. I need a Caps jersey with Scherzer on it. LOL. If I only get one and want it to be someone that will be on the team for a while, who might that be?? 43?
Carlson is a good bet. Or Wilson, and depending on what his next contract looks like, maybe Vrana?

Reactions: Ridley Simon

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Just curious, since I'm not a collector of things like this, but how do you verify/guarantee that you're actually getting a real game worn jersey by the Cap player, and not a fake 'game worn', or something that an Ebay seller wore in his beer league to make it all sweaty?

I'd just be too scared of being scammed to invest heavily... guess it comes down to some level of trust?

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Just curious, since I'm not a collector of things like this, but how do you verify/guarantee that you're actually getting a real game worn jersey by the Cap player, and not a fake 'game worn', or something that an Ebay seller wore in his beer league to make it all sweaty?

I'd just be too scared of being scammed to invest heavily... guess it comes down to some level of trust?
Their is a few entities that are well known in the market place as “verified sources”. MeiGray is the largest, and they certify it with insurance.

so that’s what you lean on. Without that, it’s a whole different game. And anyone that claims “game worn” without the validation isn’t getting top dollar and deals with the same mindset you are mentioning.

There are others. But that’s the largest. And most renowned. Cant mean it’s 100% accurate, but it’s an insurance policy.

plus EBay has its own insurance policies. You can’t claim “game worn” if it’s not. I’ve had half a dozen that I have returned based on that once I get the jersey.

but you need to be someone that knows this, without the MeiGray

PS — I’m happy to help you. PM me your cell and I can text you back mine. With my contact card. I’m 250 deep w these (game worns) so I am more or less on top of it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->