OT: Your Caps Collection, now with more Lord Stanley & Reverse Retro (all-purpose jersey, memorabilia, clothing, etc discussion thread)

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
wow, that's some major BS 9-11 profiteering right there. all due respect to Ace, but it's a game-worn sweater and nothing more.
I get that it can represent a lot for the correct buyer. But 125k? That’s absurd. And I’d doubt anyone will meet that price. Not even close.

As a Caps fan, I’d rather buy 12 Ovechkin game worn jerseys than 1 Ace Bailey. But that’s just me.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I was able to procure a game worn Red #18 Randy Burridge Jersey, from early 90’s. Not an easy find. Stoked.

Bought:
Game Worn Red Alt Orlov #9
Game Worn road white Travis Boyd #72
Game Worn Home Red Vrana #13

I need to check out whatever else I have gotten.

Randy Burridge. Dude. Great player. "Whatever else..."??? You dont know?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Not off the top of my head since he last asked (a few months ago). I’m sure I’ve forgotten one. Life with a hectic as hell job and 3 little kids gives me Dad brain all the time. LOL

I have a David A Jensen jersey from the early 90s. Road red. 9. I have a white road throwback Marcus Johansson. 90. I need a Backstrom 19 i guess. I cant even remember anyone wearing 29.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I liked Joe Reekie. I hate the Wizard era jerseys though
I like them only because they were different and interesting. The Blue and the Black are fun to look back on....and the team reached its highest pinnacle (at the time) in those Blues.

when they announced those new duds back when it happened, I blanched. Big time.

I was thrilled when the red and white came back. I wish it the regular jerseys were the old school ones. The current look is a little — datedl. Which I know is an odd comment since I want to go back to the future.

but alas I’m complicated.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I like them only because they were different and interesting. The Blue and the Black are fun to look back on....and the team reached its highest pinnacle (at the time) in those Blues.

when they announced those new duds back when it happened, I blanched. Big time.

I was thrilled when the red and white came back. I wish it the regular jerseys were the old school ones. The current look is a little — datedl. Which I know is an odd comment since I want to go back to the future.

but alas I’m complicated.
Even with the white shorts?;)

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Even with the white shorts?;)

washington-capitals-white-pants.jpg

Not very easy on the eyes were they...

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events