OT: Your Caps Collection, now with more Lord Stanley & Reverse Retro (all-purpose jersey, memorabilia, clothing, etc discussion thread)

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
CCF’s collection includes:

- A few hats
- Ovechkin signed
- Backstrom signed
- Oates signed
- Hunter signed
- Ovechkin and Backstrom road/away
- misc signed pucks, bobble heads, autographed pics

- one bruised soul
- 37 years of heartbreak.....

That was a state of things not that long ago!

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
@RidleySimon must roll his eyes at that.

Man, there is some bad customization work in there.

I don’t mean to be crass — but that is *nothing*.

I think it’s more about the Cup team, which admittedly I don’t have a few of.

but — yeah. I’ve got like 10x that. It’s not an exaggeration — it’s a sickness

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I don’t mean to be crass — but that is *nothing*.

I think it’s more about the Cup team, which admittedly I don’t have a few of.

but — yeah. I’ve got like 10x that. It’s not an exaggeration — it’s a sickness
You've got 600 sweaters? Do you have a secondary storage situation? Dang bro

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
You've got 600 sweaters? Do you have a secondary storage situation? Dang bro
Probably 400....so a little hyperbole I guess. I saw 35 or so from that pick didn’t read the article. If he’s got 60 then that’s not all bad at all.

And yes...many of mine are in suitcases in my garage. I only hang the ones I actually want to wear. I’ve also got about 30 UNH Hockey ones. My alma-mater. None from anyone else. Caps and Wildcats

I’m going to sell a bunch of the lower level ones, keeping the game worns and signed ones. So that’s about 200

Last edited:

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Probably 400....so a little hyperbole I guess. I saw 35 or so from that pick didn’t read the article. If he’s got 60 then that’s not all bad at all.

And yes...many of mine are in suitcases in my garage. I only hang the ones I actually want to wear. I’ve a.so got about 30 UNH Hockey ones. My alma-mater. None from anyone else. Caps and Wildcats

I’m going to sell a bunch of the mower level ones, keeping the game worns and signed ones. So that’s about 200
Ah, the article says it's just part of his collection. "As for his whole collection? Murphy joked that he doesn’t even want to estimate how much he’s spent on the 60-plus sweaters hanging in the closet of his man cave.
“More than I would be willing to for my wife to see in print,” he joked."

Curious, do you have plans for your jerseys or is it just the chase of getting them that's the fun for you?

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Ah, the article says it's just part of his collection. "As for his whole collection? Murphy joked that he doesn’t even want to estimate how much he’s spent on the 60-plus sweaters hanging in the closet of his man cave.
“More than I would be willing to for my wife to see in print,” he joked."

Curious, do you have plans for your jerseys or is it just the chase of getting them that's the fun for you?
I just like having them. So probably part chase and part exotic satisfaction. My 15mo old son loves them. He’s constantly grabbing them and pulling them off of their hangers. So they will be his.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
yeah I’d love to see them all racked on hangers just to feel/see the magnitude....that’s uuuuuuuuuuge.
This is around 200. Maybe like 190....all wedged together in my side of our closet. I haven’t counted recently. All the ones I like to wear and the most expensive ones. (All game worn, or team to player issued, or signed authentics)

upload_2020-2-1_11-22-2.jpeg

Rest are in suitcases in the garage. Around another 175 or so. Not exactly sure. I’m going to sell most of those.

all that said, I don’t have any duplicate jerseys (same player and same exact type — so red or white and retro and blue/black/eagle etc). I may upgrade some of the ones that I’m selling of the same exact type. But I haven’t seen one yet

Last edited:

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Woooooooooooow......
As I’ve stated a few times....it’s a sickness. I would think I’ve got one of the top 5 or so collections of Caps jerseys. Maybe not. I have no idea. I’ve seen some on eBay for like 7000 or more (Ovechkin, Langway, Bondra, Oates game worns....), and I just can’t buy those until my kids are comfortably in college or whatever.

Or I win the lotto!!!

PS — it’s good to show it once in a while so new posters don’t think I’m full of crap. LOL

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
I fancy myself a bit of a collector, and I don't get what you mean by "bad customization". The all look like standard off the rack jerseys to me.

I guess I'm too much of a jersey snob. If I don't have a game worn or game issued, I'll get an authentic and send it to Exclusive Pro Sports, who does the Caps jersey, for customization, so it matches what is worn on the ice.

Looking at the jerseys in his picture, the letter font size is all over the place. As an easy example (and there are a lot of examples), at the lower right of the picture, compare the "LY" in Connolly to the "LY" in Smith-Pelly. The DSP jersey letters are much thicker (and closer to correct). Lots of examples like that. And you can't even see the numbers to see what's going on there.

Sorry if I'm too much of a pedant. I look at that picture and cringe. I can't help it. It's a sickness.

Last edited:

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I guess I'm too much of a jersey snob. If I don't have a game worn or game issued, I'll get an authentic and send it to Exclusive Pro Sports, who does the Caps jersey, for customization, so it matches what is worn on the ice.

Looking at the jerseys in his picture, the letter font size is all over the place. As an easy example (and there are a lot of examples), at the lower right of the picture, compare the "LY" in Connolly to the "LY" in Smith-Pelly. The DSP jersey letters are much thicker (and closer to correct). Lots of examples like that. And you can't even see the numbers to see what's going on there.

Sorry if I'm too much of a pedant. I look at that picture and cringe. I can't help it. It's a sickness.

" My name is WanderingCapsFan. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced jersey collection of EPS customized jerseys."
tumblr_mr0b3m19AT1qjxgmho1_1280.gif

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
As I’ve stated a few times....it’s a sickness. I would think I’ve got one of the top 5 or so collections of Caps jerseys. Maybe not. I have no idea. I’ve seen some on eBay for like 7000 or more (Ovechkin, Langway, Bondra, Oates game worns....), and I just can’t buy those until my kids are comfortably in college or whatever.

Or I win the lotto!!!

PS — it’s good to show it once in a while so new posters don’t think I’m full of crap. LOL

It’s hard to believe until you do see....thanks for sharing!

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
This gem is on ebay now, only 400$, act now before its too late ;) Not sure when and where it was signed though?

s-l1600.jpg

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia

Or I win the lotto!!!

Any guess how much you’ve spent on them all? And where do you mainly buy them? Online?

Knuble91

Dec 17, 2019
Where are you planning on selling? ebay?

This is around 200. Maybe like 190....all wedged together in my side of our closet. I haven’t counted recently. All the ones I like to wear and the most expensive ones. (All game worn, or team to player issued, or signed authentics)

View attachment 315015

Rest are in suitcases in the garage. Around another 175 or so. Not exactly sure. I’m going to sell most of those.

all that said, I don’t have any duplicate jerseys (same player and same exact type — so red or white and retro and blue/black/eagle etc). I may upgrade some of the ones that I’m selling of the same exact type. But I haven’t seen one yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->