OT: Your Caps Collection, now with more Lord Stanley & Reverse Retro (all-purpose jersey, memorabilia, clothing, etc discussion thread)

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
The SI Stanley Cup issue put him on the Caps all time team's 4th line but when I think of him I think of the black mid 90s 3rd jersey with the Capitol or the screaming eagle jersey.

I have a Capitol jersey but someone else is on it. It's a Koho Nylander, I was able to photo match it before I bid on it. The Caps are a fun team for me to watch and since I was able to get to some games last season, including a playoff game (6-0W and it had as much action and the BEST atmosphere I've seen at any game in a long time), I like what they have going on more now and while not a fan, I like to watch them play and excel. Since then I have been collecting more of their jerseys, hats, pucks, etc. The only jerseys I am missing are the small blocks from earlier than 1990, a blue screaming eagle, and the dark blue Stadium Series. I have the Adidas red third in place of a real big block red jersey from the early 90s, but I don't expect to find one any time soon.

Konowalchuk would work great because the 22 is already on it, but the name was someone's customized last name, which I can strip and re-plate easily. So I think for me it's between him, Hunter, Bondra, Johansson, Hatcher, and a couple more. I am mostly a big fan of guys who played long careers here and also like to wear players who played on the 3rd and 4th lines more, since you don't see them very often. I have some deciding to do for the next 36 hours it seems!

Reactions: Silky mitts

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I have a Capitol jersey but someone else is on it. It's a Koho Nylander, I was able to photo match it before I bid on it. The Caps are a fun team for me to watch and since I was able to get to some games last season, including a playoff game (6-0W and it had as much action and the BEST atmosphere I've seen at any game in a long time), I like what they have going on more now and while not a fan, I like to watch them play and excel. Since then I have been collecting more of their jerseys, hats, pucks, etc. The only jerseys I am missing are the small blocks from earlier than 1990, a blue screaming eagle, and the dark blue Stadium Series. I have the Adidas red third in place of a real big block red jersey from the early 90s, but I don't expect to find one any time soon.

Konowalchuk would work great because the 22 is already on it, but the name was someone's customized last name, which I can strip and re-plate easily. So I think for me it's between him, Hunter, Bondra, Johansson, Hatcher, and a couple more. I am mostly a big fan of guys who played long careers here and also like to wear players who played on the 3rd and 4th lines more, since you don't see them very often. I have some deciding to do for the next 36 hours it seems!

EBay has stuff like this all the time. In case you wanted an outlet

Sep 19, 2008
The Capitals SC Champions Ornament dropped today. They might be sold out already, who knows.

NHL-Capitals-Stanley-Cup-MVP-Ovechkin-Ornament_1999QXI3849_01.jpg

https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/...p-mvp-alex-ovechkin-ornament-1999QXI3849.html

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I'm now only Kempny short of having a sweater for the entire lineup from G5. I'll probably snag a Kempny alternate at the beginning of the season, but yeah, as of now i have a sweater (among others) for every player on the lineup card. I had the majority of the lineup by the time we won the Cup last season so it wasn't too much more work, but the last few pieces have been trickier.

Once I have Kempny I'll post the lineup card of jerseys.

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
I'm now only Kempny short of having a sweater for the entire lineup from G5. I'll probably snag a Kempny alternate at the beginning of the season, but yeah, as of now i have a sweater (among others) for every player on the lineup card. I had the majority of the lineup by the time we won the Cup last season so it wasn't too much more work, but the last few pieces have been trickier.

Wow, I have Caps jerseys of 8 of those Game 5 guys, and I thought I was overboard.

Well done!

Reactions: Sam Spade

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002

Are these game worn jerseys?

Either way, this is impressive!

Reactions: Sam Spade

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

Damn, that was my plan too, but you're way ahead of me.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Are these game worn jerseys?

Either way, this is impressive!
No game worn, but all are "authentic". So no China crap or Fanatics cheap sweaters. There are a few Reebok Premiers sprinkled in, but I actually have always prefer those over wearing even my true authentic sweaters.

Like I said the majority of the collection was owned by the time we won the cup, it was just filling in the holes that was tricky. The Connolly I lucked out on, found a guy who pulled it out of a Frameworth mystery bag and didn't want it and won that on eBay for about $80. The Djoos, Orlov, and Stephenson were sweaters I bought during our initial Cup run, I was running high and wanted as many with the patch as I could get. The DSP was just me realizing that I'll probably never find one for cheap and paying retail. The Niskanen was an auction I watched for a while, the guy wanted too much for it and after Nisky was traded I was able to get him down to about $90. I will say the Niskanen sweater has some irritating qualities for me, first it has a SC Champions patch on it, this is a minor annoyance as I don't like my sweaters to have patches that are not "correct" and these patches were sold but never worn. The second is that he told me he bought it from the team store (and I can verify it's legit). Now I'm willing to bet that team store he bought it from was the Capital One Arena and not Med Star because the name plate is slightly askew. All things considered I normally would have passed on this, but the word in the hockey jersey community is that ADIDAS is going to refrain from selling anymore white jerseys, save for select Canadian teams (and the Pens & VGK). The collector in me saw my window closing. This isn't my full collection, just what I have of the guys who were in the line up.

Ovechkin* (x5) - Kuznetsov* (x4) - Wilson* (x2)
Vrana* (x2) -Backstrom* (x3) - Oshie* (x3)
Burakovsky*(x2)- Eller (2018 Stadium Series)- Connolly (Signed 2018-19 Adidas)
Stephenson (Away 2018-19 Adidas w/ SCF patch) - Beagle (Away Reebok 2017-18 w/ 100 Year Patch)- DSP (Home 2018-19 Adidas w/ SCF Patch)

Kempny (Missing)- Carlson* (x2)
Orlov (2018-19 Adidas Home) - Niskanen (2018-19 Adidas away w/ SC Champions patch)
Orpik (2010 US Olympic Nike) - Djoos (2018-19 Home w/ SCF patch)

Holtby* (x3)
Grubauer (WCH Europe Home)

8- Home MIC Edge w/ 40 Year Patch, Home Reebok Premier, 2015 Winter Classic Premier, Dynamo Moscow, Team Russia Nike

92- Alternate 2015-16 MIC Edge, Reebok Premier Home, WCH Team Russia, Traktor

43- Alternate 2015-16 Reebok Premier, CCM Plymouth Whalers

13- 2018-19 Adidas Home, Hershey Bears

19- Home MIC Edge, Premier 2014 Alternate, WCH Sweden Away

77- Home 2016-17 Reebok Premier, WCH USA Away, 2014 Olympic Home

65- Premier 2014 Alternate, Eerie Otters

74- Reebok Indo Edge Away, USA WCH Home

70- Reebook Premier Away, Hershey Bears MIC Edge, Team Canada WCH Home

MIC- Made in Canada (generally considered to be the superior version Reebok's Authentic Edges
Indo- Made in Indonesia version
WCH- World Cup of Hockey

Knuble91

Dec 17, 2019
Big apologies if there's already a thread available, I'm new here
Looking to snag a jersey before the NYE game against the Isles

I'm between Oshie, Wilson or Samsonov
What's your next jersey purchase?
What do you have?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I have favorite players and favorite numbers but my next buy would be a young player I expect to be around a while. leaning toward 43 but 13 is a possibility. If money weren't an issue, though, I would get a 62 or a 28. My last jersey purchase was a 90 and as a result I have preferred practice jersey's which are not numbered and hoodie like gear that they wear off ice.

Knuble91

Dec 17, 2019
Older CCM reds I'd love to snag would be a Khristich, Langway or Bondra
How does everyone feel about fanatics jerseys?
I would never pay full price for one, but recently on the site you were able to snag a player jersey for about $120 shipped and that to me is a complete steal

They turned out better than I thought they would be

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Older CCM reds I'd love to snag would be a Khristich, Langway or Bondra
How does everyone feel about fanatics jerseys?
I would never pay full price for one, but recently on the site you were able to snag a player jersey for about $120 shipped and that to me is a complete steal

They turned out better than I thought they would be
I just bought a Carlson from Fanatics for a good deal, you can get their credit discounted from Costco to stack with their daily discount.
I'd probably go Wilson based on age and certainty between he, Oshie, and Samsonov.

Knuble91

Dec 17, 2019
Yeah, Wilson is probably gonna wind up being my choice
Samsonov I can absolutely see being our next starter in the future but on a certainty standpoint you're absolutely correct

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
All I have is a cheap knockoff Kuzy that's way too big for me.

I'm a small guy (5'7 140), so someday I want to find a jersey that fits me properly.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
I’ve got far too many. As everyone knows. LOL
Big apologies if there's already a thread available, I'm new here
Looking to snag a jersey before the NYE game against the Isles

I'm between Oshie, Wilson or Samsonov
What's your next jersey purchase?
What do you have?

As many in here know, I’ve got a serious weakness for jerseys. My collection is now well over 300. I need to pare it down as many are now in boxes in my garage. The ones I am keeping are either Game Worn, Game Issued, or Authentic and bought during the time period.

the very best place to look is EBay. There are literally 100’s for sale and many are new/never worn (some still have tags)

as an example, I recently bought a singed GW Al Iafrate home white. Nice jersey. I also got an authentic Mike Ridley from the late 80’s.

there’s a 1990 Bill Houlder GW road red that I’m mulling over for my next one.

Reactions: Calicaps

Knuble91

Dec 17, 2019
There was a nice authentic Dale Hunter I was looking at that I just can't turn away from

Ebay is a dangerous thing lol

Reactions: Calicaps

Knuble91

Dec 17, 2019
‘47 had all kinds of promos going on so I treated myself, wound up being free after a few christmas gift purchases

Attachments

• 49185961-1F68-4FE1-8CE5-49B79EE18A50.jpeg
    49185961-1F68-4FE1-8CE5-49B79EE18A50.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 3

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I have a game worn road red David A. Jensen jersey. Anyone remember him? I got it because it was #9. Ace Bailey was a favorite of mine and wore 9. Of course this was years before 9-11.

Reactions: Knuble91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->