OT: Your Caps Collection, now with more Lord Stanley & Reverse Retro (all-purpose jersey, memorabilia, clothing, etc discussion thread)

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006

I wonder about the game worn aspect - how is that determined, and is it assumed to be a regular/post season game.... and lastly, how much does that jack up the price... double triple etc.

I assume you have the all times Caps Roster and am just ticking them off.

Thout Shalt Nevert questiont thyth Fandomth

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I wonder about the game worn aspect - how is that determined, and is it assumed to be a regular/post season game.... and lastly, how much does that jack up the price... double triple etc.

I assume you have the all times Caps Roster and am just ticking them off.

Thout Shalt Nevert questiont thyth Fandomth

There’s an outfit called MeiGray that vouches for authenticity. You get a letter etc. Most “I have never heard of him” game worms are in the 200-400 range, depending on the actual jersey and age.

As an example — a Backstrom or Oshie is more like 1200-1500. A MaJo or Chimera more like 750. An older player like Hannan or Hendricks or Morrissonn is like 500.

People try for more (there is a Djoos and Beagle avail for like 1400 — too much). Then there are Holtbys for 2500 and Kuznetsov for 4000. Then the Ovechkins ...5000 to 10000. Game worn Langway or Oates in the 8000k range.

Etc etc.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I can't speak for Ridley as I'm not in the game used jersey game, but I have a substantial Caps jersey collection, probably 30-40 jerseys at this point and like 6-7 game used sticks. I would say my two rules for not breaking the bank is be patient and be open minded.

If you're sitting around jonesing for a specific guy you are going to end up paying out the nose. If you're just casually scoping ebay or other venues with no real drive to purchase you're more likely to find some sweet deals. With sticks most of them simply fell in my lap. I have a hard/fast rule for how much I'm willing to spend and nothing above it. I also would say watch an auction for some time to gauge interest, most of these guys selling are just looking to off load the thing because they've been trying to sell it for exorbitant amounts for months, you can get some sweet deals if you negotiate.

With jerseys I've paid the most for guys who I am specifically seeking out. Being open minded and browsing has landed me some better older jerseys, and at this point my closet is pretty stocked so I just sit and look for guys I really want.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
My inventory.

Ron Lalonde stick that he scored the franchise first hat trick with. Signed.
David A. Jensen road red game worn #9
Blue screaming eagle. No number
Home rock the red jersey. No number
White throwback #90
Blue practice jersey. Team used
Blue Caps took
Caps official cup hat.
Caps athletic t shirt/grey.

Too much?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
My inventory.

Ron Lalonde stick that he scored the franchise first hat trick with. Signed.
David A. Jensen road red game worn #9
Blue screaming eagle. No number
Home rock the red jersey. No number
White throwback #90
Blue practice jersey. Team used
Blue Caps took
Caps official cup hat.
Caps athletic t shirt/grey.

Too much?

Too much? LOL — look who you are talking too. I’m the King of “too much” when it comes to Caps jerseys!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
So I added 3 jerseys this week. All game worn home Blacks (Capitol Dome) from Ovy’s rookie season, 05-06.

Kris Beech #28
Boyd Kane #22
Joey Tenute #13

Pretty nice finds!!

3 more. All Game Worn

Dave Steckel #70 Black Capital Dome
Tomas Fleischmann #43 Black
Chris Simon #17 White Screaming Eagle

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Morning everyone! I need some help.

I scored a big block CCM 1990-1995 Capitals jersey on eBay last night. I'll be stripping it and putting a new name/number on it (what is on there now is not even a real player). Outside of Bondra who is an easy and probable pick, what would you guys do? Anything outside of the box, or an underrated/highly appreciated player?

Reactions: Sam Spade

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004

I scored a big block CCM 1990-1995 Capitals jersey on eBay last night. I'll be stripping it and putting a new name/number on it (what is on there now is not even a real player). Outside of Bondra who is an easy and probable pick, what would you guys do? Anything outside of the box, or an underrated/highly appreciated player?
Hatcher, Johansson, or Ridley would be my non Bondra choices, in order.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I can't speak for Ridley as I'm not in the game used jersey game, but I have a substantial Caps jersey collection, probably 30-40 jerseys at this point and like 6-7 game used sticks. I would say my two rules for not breaking the bank is be patient and be open minded.

If you're sitting around jonesing for a specific guy you are going to end up paying out the nose. If you're just casually scoping ebay or other venues with no real drive to purchase you're more likely to find some sweet deals. With sticks most of them simply fell in my lap. I have a hard/fast rule for how much I'm willing to spend and nothing above it. I also would say watch an auction for some time to gauge interest, most of these guys selling are just looking to off load the thing because they've been trying to sell it for exorbitant amounts for months, you can get some sweet deals if you negotiate.

With jerseys I've paid the most for guys who I am specifically seeking out. Being open minded and browsing has landed me some better older jerseys, and at this point my closet is pretty stocked so I just sit and look for guys I really want.

This is solid advice for any collectible genre....

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

From that time frame I don't think you can go wrong with some of the big names: Kevin Hatcher, Dale Hunter, Bobby Carpenter, Al Iafrate, Calle Johansson, Olaf Kolzig, Steve Konowalchuk, Sylvain Cote. Probably one or two more I can't remember.

I'd personally go with Alan May.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002

Neil Sheehy. Dave Christian. Geoff Courtnall. John Kordic. Dmitri Khristich. Mikhail Tatarinov. Bob Rouse. Peter Zezel. Randy Burridge. Pat Elynuik. Enrico Ciccone.

Those are one I would want

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
From that time frame I don't think you can go wrong with some of the big names: Kevin Hatcher, Dale Hunter, Bobby Carpenter, Al Iafrate, Calle Johansson, Olaf Kolzig, Steve Konowalchuk, Sylvain Cote. Probably one or two more I can't remember.

I'd personally go with Alan May.
I thought about Konowalchuk. I am not very up to date on Capitals history but know him. Was he well received and liked in DC?

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I thought about Konowalchuk. I am not very up to date on Capitals history but know him. Was he well received and liked in DC?
The SI Stanley Cup issue put him on the Caps all time team's 4th line but when I think of him I think of the black mid 90s 3rd jersey with the Capitol or the screaming eagle jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad