OT: Your Caps Collection, now with more Lord Stanley & Reverse Retro (all-purpose jersey, memorabilia, clothing, etc discussion thread)

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Got my license frame on.

33tqovm.jpg

Thinking I should of chosen the white one but I was adding stuff to my cart so fast I didn't remember it was reflective red like my Skins frame. Oh well.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am placing an order that is sure to get my credit card hacked. Cheap chinese goods FTW. Who cares about 4-6 weeks processing, as long as I have a steady stream of poorly constructed products being delivered to my door with the click of a mouse. All in the name of debt spending / stimulating the economy. Chinese economy.

We are all fanatics.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
At this point, when I receive a delivery from the NHL.com shop, I don't have any idea what's in it. I bought so much random junk that I can't even remember what most of it was. Apparently, I bought a Christmas ornament? LOL.

Do any of those not-exactly-official jersey sites accept PayPal? I've come close to buying knockoffs a couple of times (because I honestly DGAF; my cats are going to crawl all over me and claw the hell out of any jersey I wear around the house anyway), but I'm not sending them my debit-card information and don't feel like messing with Western Union.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I’m still waiting on a hat and some stickers.

I think.

I’m getting my 7 year old daughter an Oshie Jersey soon. She pretty much fell in love with him after the random celebrations and the parade.

Once Wilson signs... getting his authentic to put my finals patch on. I only have one other authentic. Blue Gonchar from 98 with the finals patch.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I got a surprise at checkout. Insurance. $20. LOL. Whatever. Insurance on counterfeit stuff. That's a new one. I didn't see a paypal option at checkout.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I got a vintage 1980s Caps trucker hat, all I need now is striped polo shirts and a jacket for the "Capital Centre" look!

Reactions: calicapsfan

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I got a vintage 1980s Caps trucker hat...
I saw this and I was like, "WHAT?" So I googled "Washington Capitals Trucker Hat" and this was one of the results:

thumb.aspx

I was pumped. But it says "Out of Stock," and I definitely don't remember ever seeing it on the site. So I'm assuming this is a really old item, and you're talking about a different hat. :(

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Definitely going to have to slide on over to DHgate and see if there's any of the bootlegs yet. Ordered a Carlson USA olympic jersey off there last year and it wasn't bad at all
You end up ordering one? Been looking around for a good 43 or 92 SCF fake, can't really tell on that site.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I saw this and I was like, "WHAT?" So I googled "Washington Capitals Trucker Hat" and this was one of the results:

thumb.aspx

I was pumped. But it says "Out of Stock," and I definitely don't remember ever seeing it on the site. So I'm assuming this is a really old item, and you're talking about a different hat. :(
Yeah it’s an AJD trucker, which was a company based out of my hometown back in the day. That hat is sick and I wish fanatics would have their contract terminated in favor of CCM or even adidas/Reebok. Vintage 1980s Washington Capitals Snap Back Lucky Stripes Hat | eBay

JMUcapsfan07

Jan 29, 2010
NoVA
Yeah it’s an AJD trucker, which was a company based out of my hometown back in the day. That hat is sick and I wish fanatics would have their contract terminated in favor of CCM or even adidas/Reebok. Vintage 1980s Washington Capitals Snap Back Lucky Stripes Hat | eBay

I have several Capitals hats made by Adidas that I like very much. Sadly, it almost seems as though Fanatics is taking over everything except the authentic jerseys - unless Adidas will be releasing more gear closer to the start of the season. However, even the draft hats switched from Adidas to Fanatics this year.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
You end up ordering one? Been looking around for a good 43 or 92 SCF fake, can't really tell on that site.
I usually just look for the seller who has the most transactions and a 4.5-5 star review. I've purchased a few other jerseys from there (NBA, NFL, Carlson olympic) and they've all come back okay. You get what you pay for as the material isn't as quality as what you'd get over here. Other than that, the ones that I've gotten back were very suitable

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Love that car. Wanted a GTI since I was a kid. Got lucky after more than a year looking for a Blue MK6 R. It makes my daily commute very enjoyable.

Totally would have checked out a 2018 golf R (as well as a 2018 mustang GT) if either were out when I gave up on STI and ended up up with 2018 camaro ss. Started doing some stuff to the camaro. Got it tinted at a place in Vienna called TintFX which was pretty good. Took like one hour. Picked up just some 5mm wheel spacers to bump out the wheels a bit but haven't thrown them on yet.

Back OT need some better SC winning hats. Might just need to wait for the fall. Have had a terrible time over the years of getting a right fit but the s/m flex fits seems the best.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Totally would have checked out a 2018 golf R (as well as a 2018 mustang GT) if either were out when I gave up on STI and ended up up with 2018 camaro ss. Started doing some stuff to the camaro. Got it tinted at a place in Vienna called TintFX which was pretty good. Took like one hour. Picked up just some 5mm wheel spacers to bump out the wheels a bit but haven't thrown them on yet.

Not a Chevy guy but the new Camaro's look right. Me, my Wife wouldn't let me drop 40k on a new R, and I am not a fan of that body style anyway, so I went used for half the price. STI's have always been cool but lately they are to Fast and Furious for me. Or should I say I am to old for them. ;) Anyway, when the kids are out of college in 10 years I'll be able to get a brand new "toy". When that time comes it will be interesting what direction the Mustang's and Camaro's have gone.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

Back OT need some better SC winning hats. Might just need to wait for the fall. Have had a terrible time over the years of getting a right fit but the s/m flex fits seems the best.
Husband wanted a hat after we came back from Vegas. Now that it's here, he doesn't like it. So... yay! I have a new hat. Will get him something unofficial when I find a good one.

Reactions: Maldini

islandersdynasty

May 26, 2018
Fairfax, VA
Did anyone go to the Fan Fest today? I got my picture with the Cup! It's by far the best "memorabilia" that I got. The line was unreal. I got there at 7:30AM and thought I would be close to the front. But there were 500 people ahead of me. The first person got there at 2AM. :eek: It took about 3 hours for me to get to the front, which isn't bad at all.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Anybody here an autograph puck collector? Has anybody used deco?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad