Proposal: Your cap dump to Montreal

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
With Shea Weber heading to the long-term injury list due to a lingering injury, the Canadiens will have plenty of cap space to absorb your cap dump this season.

We'll accept your overpaid player in addition to picks and/or prospects.

Who do you have to propose?

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Not seeing any need to acquire cap dumps that go beyond this year. If a club wants Montreal to take a contract beyond this year they're gonna pay for it with a Suzuki-like prospect that's ready to go.

Reactions: Old Drunk Guy

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Ericsson or Backes
Would need to be a substantial return to take Eriksson . Vancouver is cap crunched and Eriksson has another 2 seasons at $6m hit and a buyout proof contract. They also don’t have a 1st this season. Not sure what they could reasonably offer for any team to take that contract. To complicate things I’m pretty sure Eriksson has a NTC (hockeyscap) is currently down so I can’t confirm

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Would need to be a substantial return to take Eriksson . Vancouver is cap crunched and Eriksson has another 2 seasons at $6m hit and a buyout proof contract. They also don’t have a 1st this season. Not sure what they could reasonably offer for any team to take that contract. To complicate things I’m pretty sure Eriksson has a NTC (hockeyscap) is currently down so I can’t confirm
Loui Eriksson - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Why not? If Weber truly is out, the Habs are not going to be contending any time soon unless they go all in - which they won`t. Might as well take 2-3 years to draft and develop.
There is zero indication that his injury will extend past a few week. Let alone a few seasons

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Why not? If Weber truly is out, the Habs are not going to be contending any time soon unless they go all in - which they won`t. Might as well take 2-3 years to draft and develop.

We have other players to sign in the next 2 years: Domi, Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Mete, Gallagher, Danault, Armia, Petry....

Needs to be a cap dump for next year only (like Marc Staal, David Backes, Darren Helm)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Subban. Would the Devils take Byron, 2020 3rd, Hillis?

Fair, Overpayment, or Underpayment? Habs take 100% of the contract and relieve the Devils of paying that $6M bonus in July this summer and next summer. Pretty sure with 14k of attendance, he would like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad