Your Canes Collection

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Holy dog crap, I have an embarrasing amount. I've only purchased personally 3 jerseys, but my wife was friends with this lady who was married to a Caniac. Said Caniac, after a paticularly brutal loss in 2012 or so, decides to rage drive while drunk back home from the game, crashes his car at 90mph on a residential street into a tree literally right down the street from his house and dies.

He had tons of stuff like bobble heads of everybody and coins from '06 and signed pucks and signed pics, etc. My wife bought them as a package deal from the widow at this weird like "My husband is dead I'm selling all his crap to stay alive" party. So my game room at the beach house is a ridiculous shrine to the Canes, and my wife continues to take home all the junk they give out at games and tack it up on the wall and I'm like "Stop damn you its enough already!"

The only ones I have any attachment to are the towels from the playoff series in 2009 that I have tacked to the wall. Sometimes I use them to dry my tears.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Jerseys: J Staal old black, Blank old black, blank red from early 2000's, E Staal white from 2003, Ward red from 2006, Staal Peterborough, Faulk white from New Storm, Whalers blue. Recently sold: Red Semin, River Rats red, Sutter Red Deer, Skinner black old, Brindy white (it had a defect that kept me from wanting to wear it, otherwise I would have kept it.

I also have maybe 10 bobbleheads, 3 or 4 signed pucks (at least Weight, Riley Nash, and Derek Ryan), a signed lion from some charity thing (Skinner, I think), 7 or 8 shirts, 7 or 8 hoodies, probably 15-20 hats, a few framed collectible pictures from the Cup, a Ron Francis thing from his retirement in a stained glass frame my mom made, thousands of Canes/Whalers hockey cards, shot glasses, wine glasses, cups and mugs, legos, a Stormy pillow pet, a candle, a couple banners, a scrapbook from the Cup run (my ticket, though sadly only a ticketmaster printout, is my jewel as well), 2 Championship DVDs from when I'd lost the first one temporarily, a couple of programs from the early 2000s (I think one is from shortly after RBA and the other had features on Willis and Vasicek as rookies. Just found out there's a picture of the Vasicek/Willis one on the hockeydb page from that year Carolina Hurricanes 2000-01 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com), pom poms and thundersticks from the Cup run. Probably more I'm forgetting since I'm doing this off the top of my head.

The thing I wish I had were more Cup t-shirts, hats, etc.. I got one in the store after game 7. It was crazy getting in there. They had to eventually start closing and opening the doors it was so full, and some people almost got trampled they said. But I was a college kid and could only get one. I wore that thing to shreds over the next five years or so. I hate that they don't seem to ever carry any championship gear after that year. I was really hoping they would when I came down for the 10 year anniversary weekend a couple of years ago. Seemed like a great opportunity to make some money. Couldn't believe they didn't have anything.

ETA: I think the thundersticks are from 02, and I only got towels and pom poms from 06 and 09.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I use mine for other purposes, they're a bit crusty.
Getty-Alexander-Semin.jpg

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I just went to a skate shop in West Springfield Mass and they had about 200 used sticks from Canes including Eric Staal, Hanifin, Timmy Gleason, Sekera, and every other lefty this team has had in the last 5 years for $40. Unfortunately I’m right handed so I would’ve had to spring for the newer, expensive ones. Faulk was the only viable one but I don’t like Easton sticks. Derek Ryan either uses the shortest stick of all time or he is 3 inches shorter than his listed height.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I have a large, framed photo of the 06 team celebrating with the cup and a wooden sign of the canes logo.

For jerseys I currently have a Kotkaniemi reverse retro, a Brind’amour 25th anniversary jersey with C and Stanley cup patch, and an original whalers Francis captains jersey. I also have a stadium series and one of the new whalers jerseys but I haven’t decided whose names to add to those.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Raleighpig

Jul 17, 2018
Three of my favorite things. Also Sean Hill game worn home autographed and Chad Larose game worn autographed Finland jersey. Bunches of other stuff too from over the years.

Attachments

• 20231028_010440~2.jpg
    20231028_010440~2.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20190603_191824~2.jpg
    IMG_20190603_191824~2.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20191101_171207~2.jpg
    IMG_20191101_171207~2.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 1

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
You guys loaded up since 2018 on canes stuff?

Some shirts, a 47 hat, and a hoodie. Stuff that is either given to me or gifted to me at Christmas.

Three of my favorite things. Also Sean Hill game worn home autographed and Chad Larose game worn autographed Finland jersey. Bunches of other stuff too from over the years.

That All-Star game logo was one of the best ASG logos ever. Good have

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
The 06 Cup DVD, a cell phone cover, some t-shirts, a winter cap, and a whole lot of disappointment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad