WJC: Your Canada "B Team"

ktf

May 5, 2006
Victoria, B.C.
Firstly, Congratulations to Finland for a well-deserved victory.

Secondly, this is not a Canadian hockey is doomed thread, but simply a nice opportunity to select what could have been considered Canada's "B team." I have contemplated doing this since the team was originally named, but feel like now is the best time. I want to see who people would select out of the remaining players, because a lot of people, myself included, questioned this roster greatly. I prefer to do it this way versus simply picking on certain players and replacing them. It also might make some people feel better when they see Canada’s depth in junior hockey.

Goalies: This position was the most baffling to me (not that goaltending was my greatest concern this year). I just feel (Pogge) it is best to take goalies who are playing the best in a given year. Canada seems to place way too much emphasis on past experience with Canada.
Chris Dreider
Eric Comrie
Also considered: Tristan Jarry, Matt Murray, Daniel Altshuller, Alex Dubleau, Sébastien Auger, François Brassard

Defence: (In no particular order):
Matt Finn
Damon Severson
Dillon Fournier
Darnell Nurse
Michael Matheson
Slater Koekkoek
Madison Bowey
Ryan Pulock
Last off: Shea Theodore

Forwards:
Connor Brown
Max Domi
Brendan Gaunce
Brendan Leipsic
Tyson Baillie
Michael Dal Colle
Chris Tierney
Anthony Duclair
Emile Poirier
Greg Chase
Louick Marcotte
Brock McGinn
Mathew Campagna

It was ridiculously hard not to include Sam Bennett, Brandon Perlini, or Connor Bleackley

I am sure I probably missed someone. I look forward to reading what others think.
Pretty solid roster up there!

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
Is Theodore really terrible defensively or something? Most descriptions say he's a solid two-way D, and far as the numbers go, I'm baffled how he didn't make the A-team. I don't really follow the CHL, so it would be great if someone could clear this up.

ktf

May 5, 2006
Victoria, B.C.
Is Theodore really terrible defensively or something? Most descriptions say he's a solid two-way D, and far as the numbers go, I'm baffled how he didn't make the A-team. I don't really follow the CHL, so it would be great if someone could clear this up.

I watch and follow a fair amount of the WHL, but Theodore is one I have not seen in person, hence, why I had him last off versus WHL player I am familiar with. I would like to hear the thoughts of others as well.

Boreal01

Nov 3, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Goalies: This position was the most baffling to me (not that goaltending was my greatest concern this year). I just feel (Pogge) it is best to take goalies who are playing the best in a given year. Canada seems to place way too much emphasis on past experience with Canada.
Chris Dreider
Eric Comrie

Defence: (In no particular order):
Matt Finn
Damon Severson
Dillon Fournier
Darnell Nurse
Michael Matheson
Slater Koekkoek
Madison Bowey
Ryan Pulock
Last off: Shea Theodore

Forwards:
Connor Brown
Max Domi
Brendan Gaunce
Brendan Leipsic
Tyson Baillie
Michael Dal Colle
Chris Tierney
Anthony Duclair
Emile Poirier
Greg Chase
Louick Marcotte
Brock McGinn
Mathew Campagna

To be honest, this would likely be my own B team roster. Only thing I would change is Dreider for Murray. Other than that, you hit the nail on the head.

ktf

May 5, 2006
Victoria, B.C.
To be honest, this would likely be my own B team roster. Only thing I would change is Dreider for Murray. Other than that, you hit the nail on the head.
Murray was my third goalie. The goaltending was very difficult, but also the position that had me scratching my head the most.
Tristan Jarry, Daniel Altshuller, Alex Dubeau, and Sébastien Auger were others I considered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad