Your Call: Is Phaneuf Worth a Max-Term Contract?

Yukon Cornelius*

He's a locker room cancer, he's awful defensively and his offensive game is streaky at the best of times. There's a reason his peers have voted him most overrated player in the league 3 times.

On the other hand, his wife does have world class melons, so it's a toss up.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
This'll be an especially interesting offseason for the club as a whole becuase there's a few ways we could go on this. It seems like the consensus is that our D-amen in the pipeline are shaping up nicely but we may miss out on the primes of our current forward core in waiting for them to mature. If the FO feels the same way then I think going out a getting a Phaneuf is not a bad idea. If we can get him it makes our team better right now and if we're trying to capitalize on our forward depth now then I think it makes sense.

Personally I think getting a consistent 60 point winger for Giroux will be easier and better overall financially. I think that should be the focus first and then we can see where we're at in terms of a #1 D. I'm also wary of Phaneuf as I don't think he's anything close to the longterm answer the Flyers badly need

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad