Your Biggest Rush Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
One of my earliest and most vivid hockey memories. In Atom, I picked up the puck in our end and circled the net (playing left wing), then proceeded to go coast to coast, beating the goalie with a backhand to forehand deke. That was my biggest rush up the ice.

As for my biggest rush of adreneline, it would have to be scoring the only goal in a shoot out in a Pee-Wee playoff game against our biggest rivals to give our team the 1-0 win.

JMW814

Feb 21, 2005
Florida
playing hockey, my biggest rush would have to be this: down by 2, then sneaking through the d to score with 18 seconds left, then winning the faceoff, and assisting a crazy ass backhanded one timer with 1 second left, going into OT, then watching the look on the goalies face as a teammate lauched a complete rocket from the blue line to go in. either that or a crazy baseball swing-type deflection i scored off a teammates off slapshot.

i also snuck into game 7 of TB vs CAL in the finals! if any of yall wanna hear the story, ill say it, but its to long to just mention casually in this post

AG9NK35DT8*

I played in 2 roller hockey leagues up to 2 years ago since I was 25 I am 27 now The leagues were in Queens NY and a L.I , NY. The Queens one was a checking league, its an 18 and above league. And the L.I league is a non-checking same thing 18 and above. Both leagues are 15 game seasons as I believe I scored about 7 or 8 goals and 11 asists something like that. Anyway the goals came from the point, im a defenseman a couple pinched none were gorgeuos but good point shots. My favorite moments are the ones when I lay some one out, forget goals and assists that dont get me amped but a good solid body check does.

LordHelmet

May 19, 2004
Twin Cities
I had a decent goal the other night..

I play LW. My C and I crossed the blue line 2-on-2 with a little speed down the right side. I was in the middle and he was to my right. The defender covering him poked the puck away, but it got mixed up in his skates. The other defender (covering me) picked it out of his teammates skates, but I sweeped at it and got into his skates. I punched at it one more time and it went right through his legs.

I still had plenty of momentum, so I picked it up right on the other side of him in prime scoring territory - about 12 feet in front of the net about 4 feet outside of the right post. The goalie was sitting back a little bit so I decided to go into the top near corner. Seeing as how I didn't have much time - it was a much better shot than I expected. It tickled the right side post and tucked right under the crossbar. Easily my best shot in a game situation.

I went on to get a 2nd goal in that game - my first multi-goal game..

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
It wasn't a rush, but it was a pretty goal.

While my team was short-handed, my teammate shoot the puck at the other end. The d-man is way ahead of me, but I start skating hard. He probably didn't see me because he was skating very slow. When he gets to the puck, I was very near, he turns his head and see me. I lift his stick, take the puck, make a wraparound and put it topshelf beautifully. After the goal I was like woah... did I just made that play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad