Your Biggest Rush Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruins4777*

Skittles said:
Today I played some Shinny, I'm tall for my age and was the best player there. Not to be cocky, but I'm really good. 1 net and whole ice surface. Anyways, I skated all the way down the picked up the puck. I was tried but skated at top speed, I got the puck. I did a sharp turn and skated back, I had Jeff in front of me at the opposing blue line I rammed into him and he went flying. I had the puck covered by my stick and still had it, I was now skating at moderate speed. Did an amazing deke on two defenders at the centre line. I slid the puck into my skates and faked a deke on another kid and now it was me two other kids and the goalie. The two of them went at me I pulled the brakes when they got to me at the blue line, did a sideways backwards slide to the right and got to the side of the both of them. It was now me and the goalie, I wound up for a slapshot. All out of the blue, I skated full speed at the goalie. Then, made a 180 spin and grabbed my puck. I was going ass first into the goalie, I flicked the puck between my legs and threw the five hole.

It was amazing, I was really tired and fealt like barfing but I held it all in for like 10 seconds of amazing speed and skill. I'm soo cocky and proud.
We all feel like kovalchuk at times :joker:

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
bruins4777 said:
We all feel like kovalchuk at times :joker:
Lol, I know. But this was like 10 kids against me, they hate me because the coach is always like 'look at Keith's skating' 'bend you knees like him' 'doesn't he skate like a NHLer'. I'm usualy used for examples and stuff like that.

IkeaMonkey*

Skittles said:
Lol, I know. But this was like 10 kids against me, they hate me because the coach is always like 'look at Keith's skating' 'bend you knees like him' 'doesn't he skate like a NHLer'. I'm usualy used for examples and stuff like that.

Word of advice, dont bring that cockiness to games until you get to the NHL :). I've rung the bells of a couple hot dogs in my day who bring their cockiness to the ice.

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
HokEGoalie said:
Word of advice, dont bring that cockiness to games until you get to the NHL :). I've rung the bells of a couple hot dogs in my day who bring their cockiness to the ice.
I'm quite at games, and in the locker room. I've always passed before shooting. I'm a team player, just good.

IkeaMonkey*

Skittles said:
I'm quite at games, and in the locker room. I've always passed before shooting. I'm a team player, just good.

Awwww dont shy away from shooting! Gotta have balance.

bruins4777*

HokEGoalie said:
Awwww dont shy away from shooting! Gotta have balance.
NO dont' listen be a playmaker! :P

nah, whatever you feel like, but don't be a larionov and just pass....what am i talking about, i'm a goalie, just pass never shoot :)

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
bruins4777 said:
NO dont' listen be a playmaker! :P

nah, whatever you feel like, but don't be a larionov and just pass....what am i talking about, i'm a goalie, just pass never shoot :)
Goalies should always shoot, thats why there isn't enough scoring.

heavyhauler

Oct 4, 2003
Cold Lake Alberta
Visit site
First a little info....32 years old,Had a heart attack Jan13/04....We had a Game against a Team that had beat us in a tourney in Banff Alberta last year.they invited us to play a REXALL place in Edmonton.(this in its self was a big deal to me,playing in the oilers barn were the greatest players of all time played) the game was about a month and a half after my heart attack so i wasn't going to play...1 shift half speed i thought so i could say i played at rexall.well it turns out i felt pretty good...no pain or anything...first time back on blades after the heart attack.well to make a long storey short....we won 8-4. I scored 2 goals and got 5 helpers i was pretty pumped......and tired after the game.
I was amazed at how much room there was behind the net on a nhl ice surface....i could have parked my camper back there and pulled out the awning lol....13 feet behind the goal line to boards.......so much room to make plays back there.

Clancy

May 15, 2004
South Jersey
probably the 3 triple-overtime games i played in in my career playing goalie in deck hockey. 2 of those were back-to-back when i was 11, there were people who heard about it and drive down to see the game...i never saw such a crowd at the rink. my team lost those 2 games but i remember some of the saves i made..whew.

a year later i was on a team that had won the championship 2 years in a row and most of their good players had moved up, but we ended up winning the championship thanks largely to 3 key players: me(the goalie,obviously), zach(scored most of our goals) and kyle(really good d-man). rest of the team was average or below. it was great because no one expected us to win, and one of the conference final games was triple overtime..i remember the end of the game. the other team's top scorer and one of my friends, he was dangerous on breakaways, came in on me and i knew i had to do something unorthodox. so he's coming in on my right, he dekes to his left and tries to go to the right but i run out a little and the ball goes under my pad, which he then tripped over. next play, we win the faceoff, and one of the younger not-so-good players goes up ice for a breakaway pass and scores. if that kid had scored, we would have been elimininated, but instead we won the next game in a best of 3 and went on to the finals. i had 4 shutouts in those playoffs(2 in the finals), and 4 in the 18-game season. had a 1.6 GAA...still have all the scores from that season. what sucked was that i didnt make the A or B all-star team even though everyone knew i was the best goalie in the league because the guy in charge of the league didnt like me. i think it was because i always knocked his team out of the playoffs. i guess it was a good thing. that summer i started playing ice hockey and still am now.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
finals of a tournament.... 20 seconds left....game tied 2-2 we were killing off a penalty.. I got the puck in our zone and was about to dump it when I realized the penalty ended, so I cross the red line... it's me against 2 dmen and I speed up and saw a space between them so I skated towards it and right as I got there they did too, both tried to check me and I had to duck... one of them hit me and I fell to my knees, I still had the puck and was about 5 feet from the goal and I was sliding fast, I deked my body to the right and put the puck in around the goalie from the left... awesomest goal ever.... we won the game 3-2 and won the tournament

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
I really don't score a lot when I play. My strong points are digging pucks out of corners and making that tape to tape pass to an open player coming hard to the net or just before he crosses the blue line.

Still though, once in a 5-on-5 pickup game, I was charging on a 2 on 2 break. My teammate was on the right and I was coming up center, but I usually play the RW. Anyway, we were able to get alongside the 2 d-men and my teammate lifted the puck about shoulder height over their sticks. It landed in front of me as I was just getting through the slot and I one-hopped a backhand shot and roofed it over the goalie's shoulder, knocking the water bottle off the top of the cage. :handclap:

If I tried that same shot 100 times, I wouldn't be able to get a decent shot off, let alone score! LOL

PK*

There was this one time when I was playing atom and I scored twice on breakaways in a game, using the same move on the goalie. Picked up the puck near centre ice, skated down the left side with nobody in front of me, cut down the middle passed the blue line, faked to the right about 10 feet in front of the goalie and came back to the left to burry it with my backhand before he could come back. I scored the first goal of the game like that about a minute into it and I scored the game winner with about a minute left. It was my first game playing forward (I was on defense before), so I was really pumped from scoring two goals in a game.

(lone)Yashinfan#79

-was in a tournament with an absolutely stellar team comprised of two Finns (brothers Timo and Tommi), my friends from Montreal and New Foundland; in a 4-on-4 situation in OT, i got in a semi-breakaway, streaked in from the right wing, goalie came way out to challenge...i went forehand-backhand and slid it underneath him for the GWG just as he slid my legs out from under me and sent me sprawling on my face (that cinched it or us and put us in the next round but we lost in the semifinal, though)

-was given the chance this past October to live out my Carbonneau-esque Selke trophy winning dream game...our local rec league (which is made up primarily of decent-to-good players, but there are a couple ex-Div. I players, one ex-QMJHL player); however, the guy who dominates the league by a long stretch is ex-Princeton U. and San Diego Gull centre Matt Zilinskas... Zink averages almost 5 pts. a game and has had an EIGHT goal game before...
at any rate, my job was to shadow/disrupt Z (the guy's a stud and literally plays the entire game)... managed to get the better of him in the faceoff circle and he was held in check for the first 56 mins of the game... our goalie ended up stopping 48 of 49 SOG but Zink managed to get a cheap late PPG (i was serving 2:00 for interference--hey, the guy's a bull and almost makes it necessary to gaffle him) and we ended up in a 1-1 tie.

-i did roof one left-handed a couple months back (i am a rightie); was contemplating a one-timer backhand but switched up at the last moment when the lone d-man in front of the net cheated toward my winger behind the net.

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
was on the point, walked in the whole building (all 65 in attendance :lol: ) thought I would shoot, and I made a great pass in to a guy who was wide open on the opposite side for an easy goal. That tied the game with a minute left. It was pretty :D

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Actually as a pacifist in general, mine came in a very odd way.

I was playing Junior BB, I think I was 17. And due to injuries, I was called up to play Junior B for a couple games.

So I go in and am very quiet. And I go out and do my business. Right winger, just skate up and down, do nothing to hurt my team. One decent play, I got a helper by taking a hit to send a guy in on a breakaway.

As the game goes on, our team is winning, I think it was 5-2 or something. I am on the ice for my shift near the end of the game and the whistle blows and I am skating towards my own goalie. I just happen to turn around and there is a scrap going on. No big deal, but the problem was I saw two guys with the wrong coloured jersey grabbing on to one of the guys with MY coloured jersey. So I did what every good teammate does and I grab on to the guy and throw him off my teammate.

Well, I didn't see what was behind me but someone grabbed me by the cage and ripped my helment off and he got me good with the first punch and I went down like a sack of hammers.

On my hands and knees, the dude grabbed me by the hair and lifted my head long enough to punch me a couple times in the face, once in the nose. I was happy that the ref grabbed him immediately after that, because I wasn't in a position to get back into it. I was 6'0 about 185 at the time and this guy was rather huge.(either that or he sure looked huge :D but I think he was about 6'3 and fairly bulky.)

So there isn't enough time left in the game so whoever was fighting was thrown out, and I go with my teammates back to the room. (Three of us were ejected) I start taking my equipment off and am pretty much done when the team comes back in the room.

As they are coming in, the coach comes up to me and pats me on the stomach and says..."I saw what you did and you can play on my team anytime."

That was cool.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
I have gone end to end about 4 or 5 times. I play ball hcokey and my favorite rush ever was last year I took the ball behind the net and started out beat the first forward by just going by him and kept going and I put the puck around one of the defence and walked by him and the 2nd defencemen I pulled the inside outside move on him and goalie commited himtrying to poke check me but he missed and I back handed it in to the empty net. :D

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
slats432 said:
Actually as a pacifist in general, mine came in a very odd way.

I was playing Junior BB, I think I was 17. And due to injuries, I was called up to play Junior B for a couple games.

So I go in and am very quiet. And I go out and do my business. Right winger, just skate up and down, do nothing to hurt my team. One decent play, I got a helper by taking a hit to send a guy in on a breakaway.

As the game goes on, our team is winning, I think it was 5-2 or something. I am on the ice for my shift near the end of the game and the whistle blows and I am skating towards my own goalie. I just happen to turn around and there is a scrap going on. No big deal, but the problem was I saw two guys with the wrong coloured jersey grabbing on to one of the guys with MY coloured jersey. So I did what every good teammate does and I grab on to the guy and throw him off my teammate.

Well, I didn't see what was behind me but someone grabbed me by the cage and ripped my helment off and he got me good with the first punch and I went down like a sack of hammers.

On my hands and knees, the dude grabbed me by the hair and lifted my head long enough to punch me a couple times in the face, once in the nose. I was happy that the ref grabbed him immediately after that, because I wasn't in a position to get back into it. I was 6'0 about 185 at the time and this guy was rather huge.(either that or he sure looked huge :D but I think he was about 6'3 and fairly bulky.)

So there isn't enough time left in the game so whoever was fighting was thrown out, and I go with my teammates back to the room. (Three of us were ejected) I start taking my equipment off and am pretty much done when the team comes back in the room.

As they are coming in, the coach comes up to me and pats me on the stomach and says..."I saw what you did and you can play on my team anytime."

That was cool.

Did you ever play on his team again?

GoM

Dec 17, 2003
Toronto
dailyfaceoff.com
I used to play road hockey...since no one wanted to play net, I was always stuck in net. I was never any good, but after one game, a couple people went home, and there weren't enough people for a full game, so we had a shootout, and I just absolutely....dominated, I dunno. I couldn't stop grinning.

I just play with my friends, and none of us are any kid, but we've had a couple plays where two of us would skate down on the left and right wing, one of us would trail behind, the other would crash the net, shoot the puck a few inches off the ground, tap it in out of the air..that happened once or twice. Had the usual nice wristshot or two..I was never one for deking :p.

I do remember one time in gym class, I was put in goal without any pads...just had a baseball glove and a normal stick (and those plastic crappy sticks)..anyway, we were getting absolutely dominated (again..i'm not very good ;)), and at one point, there were two people stationed at both my posts, with a scrum going on out in front of me...one guy had the ball, passed it to the other guy, flew across and stopped him with my hand/stick...he got the rebound, sent it back, i turned around and flopped back and caught it in my glove, rebound bounced back out front, and then it just got covered...but yeah...that was fun.

Pensfan86

Mar 18, 2002
Steel City(Pittsburgh)
Visit site
definitely this year in high school hockey

i got screwed over by my coach (for the 2nd year in a row) not even recieving an allstar nomination, despite leading my team in points from D--- you might find it surprising but there was an all out revolt within our team against the coach, not only the players but parents of other players, who were pissed that i didnt get an nomination, because of my stats, and the fact that i was our captain...not only that, but many other coaches throughout the league actually called me or stopped to talk to me if i saw them at a rink to tell me they felt i was done unjustly...anyway, i had been tearing it up prior to the game at hand, but i felt i had an added incentive to turn it up. finding ourselves down 2-0 going into the third period, i erupted durin the intermission in the lockerroom, calling out the entire team (not like by name, but literally as a team) to step up as we were in a game that we really needed badly. Anyway, the message seemed to work, as we scored a goal roughly 3 minutes into the 3rd to make it 2-1. Throughout the third period, we outshot the other team 21-2, but as was our problem all year, we cannot score, and it was still 2-1 with a minute to go. however with the goalie pulled, my friend gave me a one timer in front, which i capitalized on, tying the game up at 2 a piece, with only 14 seconds left. Then in OT, i picked off a pass at the point, walked their winger, and took it into the slot, upon with i housed one top shelf on the opposing goaltender, sending our team plus our 200+ fans in the student section into an absolute frenzy. People were talking about the game at school for literally a week afterward, and one of my teachers even said that students were calling it the greatest game they had ever seen, lolol....

Nevertheless, just a huge rush, i still get chills when i think about it :yo:

Nikkowar

Feb 13, 2003
Upper Darby
This was in Third grade,when I got checked by some guy twice my size,which explains why nothing hurts me anymore. It just made me want to get hit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->