Your Biggest Rush Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
The most exhillarating move or play you've ever done in a shinny or game?

Mine was last friday a 5 on 5 game. My friend had the puck and the opposing team had overall better players so i called him on the send it down but he sent it into another player's legs and bounced into the boards, I and picked it up with my back hand. i skated quickly passed center ice but a defender came up to poke check me, I flipped the puck over his stick skated even harder at the fastest i could, alone with the goalie infront i dangle to the right he follows and i wrist shot it between his legs bouncing off his pad and ramming into the net. I had never felt such a rush.

SedinFan*

Left handed shot.

Coming down the right wing, put the puck between the defencemans skates, got around him, got the puck, faked left, then went right, roofed it backhand, but I was still moving to the left as the backhand occured. I was even somewhat impressed.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Stopped 10 of 11 shots in a shootout to win my ice hockey league championships like 4 months ago. The opposing team had beaten me in a shootout (3 goals with 4 shooters) the previous week when I was an emergency sub for another team. Almost had the win after shot #6, but the puck just squeezed through my arm and trickled past the goal line.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
my first goal in high school years ago. it wasnt pretty - but i was shaking for the rest of the night. as an adult ive scored a bunch of nice ones, and a few game winners - but the first one that went in that mattered, with half my school and parents watching was the only one that i couldnt breathe after. i was so happy i was ear to ear grins for a week.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Okay this may seem really lame for most of you, but here goes.

11th grade we were playing ball hockey in gym class. We were short of kids, but of whips didn't want to play so the gym teacher had to play goalie. We needless to say i hated this guy, he was a total ***** so i wanted to light him up if possible. I was on a mission and ended up scoring a natural hat trick on him, and yeah i might have rubbed it in a little bit. So the SOB quits playing goalie and moves to Dman. That arsehole checks me into the stairs heading to the upper level of the gym which ends up breaking my finger.

devilsfan26

Jul 10, 2003
Iselin/Piscataway NJ
Three memories come to mind.

One occured two years ago, in my first roller hockey game after being completely shut off from any organized hockey for six years (I played roller hockey when i was 8 and 9). Anyway, on my first shift of the season, which felt like my first shift ever actually, I was on a 1 on 1 with a guy, and I sucked at deking, but I had a nice slapshot, so I decided to rip one at the net from a little below the top of the faceoff circle, went straight in far side. Felt awesome because other than scoring a goal on my first shift, and first shot for that matter, in 6 years, it was also my first goal. The good feeling didn't last that long because we ended up losing 10-2, but at least my goal put us up 1-0 for a few minutes. :D

Even though we got manhandled in that first game, we won the championship that year. I had a goal in this game, too. This time a one-timer from the point. Not only did we win the the championship, I was also given the MVP award (although I honestly believe there were three guys on the team who deserved it more than me, but oh well...winning a championship and MVP award in my first season in 6 years felt awesome.)

But I don't think anything compares to what I posted in the "favorite minor hockey experience" thread about winning the championship again last year. For the sake of not making this post forever long, I'll just post the link to that thread: here

two out of three*

JWI19 said:
Okay this may seem really lame for most of you, but here goes.

11th grade we were playing ball hockey in gym class. We were short of kids, but of whips didn't want to play so the gym teacher had to play goalie. We needless to say i hated this guy, he was a total ***** so i wanted to light him up if possible. I was on a mission and ended up scoring a natural hat trick on him, and yeah i might have rubbed it in a little bit. So the SOB quits playing goalie and moves to Dman. That arsehole checks me into the stairs heading to the upper level of the gym which ends up breaking my finger.

:lol

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Houseleague regular season game about 5 months ago. I'm a goalie and we only had 6 players including me. My defense was spread incredibly thin and I just kept making saves. We won 2-1. I got beat on a 2 on 0 one timer slid side to side went off my shoulder and in. Made 78 saves. Team mobbed me in the dressing room and afterwards all the other kids and their parents were telling me how well I did. At forward it was definitely my first goal as a 13 year old. We were already up 6-1 and I just banged a rebound home 5-hole but I felt pretty good.

hotgoalie11565

Jun 5, 2004
Farmington, Minnesota
My first season as a goalie, I had a guy come down on a breakaway. This is a guy I have come to really respect because he goes 100 all out every shift. But I came out to challenge him, and he ripped a slapper that I snagged with my glove. There were cheers from both benches on that one. :)
Ah, if only all of the shots I faced had an ending like that...

Sticks of Fury

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
Playing dropin hockey. Coming on a breakaway down the middle square to the goalie and coasting, I take my right foot and put it infront of my left foot and put the puck on my backhand (righthanded shot) like I am coming in with my back hand to the goalie I do a shoulder fake and about 2 feet to the goalie going to my left side, his right side, at the same time skate to the right side, pull it to my forehand and stop and put the puck in the net. The goale was already down so I had an empty net and I think back like how the heck did I make this move. Amazing since I have only seen Esa Tikkannen do this and I didn't think the goalies would go for it. I'll have to try it on a more experience goalie and see but wow it worked. :yo:

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
Sticks of Fury said:
Playing dropin hockey. Coming on a breakaway down the middle square to the goalie and coasting, I take my right foot and put it infront of my left foot and put the puck on my backhand (righthanded shot) like I am coming in with my back hand to the goalie I do a shoulder fake and about 2 feet to the goalie going to my left side, his right side, at the same time skate to the right side, pull it to my forehand and stop and put the puck in the net. The goale was already down so I had an empty net and I think back like how the heck did I make this move. Amazing since I have only seen Esa Tikkannen do this and I didn't think the goalies would go for it. I'll have to try it on a more experience goalie and see but wow it worked. :yo:
Sounds good! Didn't Amonte used to do something like that with some regularity on breakaways? Seem to remember seeing him do that.

IdiotsPickedMyName*

Playing High School hockey im a defenseman i skate to the red line and dump the puck in on net. It misses the net hits the rear boards bounces off them right off the back of the goalies skate and in. I was so pumped because that was the winning goal in overtime to take us to the city championship. I also had another goal where i shot from the point hit the goalie in the logo, then the golaie dropped to the ice and all i can see is the puck sitting behind him in the net. I have no idea what happened but as he dropped to the ice he must have shoved the puck between his own legs. You dont need skill if your lucky ;)

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
I guess for me it would be the ONE and only game I played of Junior A hockey. I was called up from my Junior B team because the A team was beset by a horde of injuries on the D and I was pretty much a last resort :D . I got marginal minutes in the game but late in the game two of our defenceman had been ejected from the game and we got a powerplay (we were losing decisively, though I don't remember the score), so I got PP time. My parents and friends were all there as they thought it was such A BIG DEAL that I was called up to A, despite my telling them it was a fluke and not to read so much into it, so many were there..

We set up high, I went to the the sideboards with it and got it back right away. The other defenceman and I did the give-and-go off-wing switch and I one-timed his pass on the net, good, low and hard. I didn't even see it go in, just heard the roar of the crowd and saw the sticks go up. In the huddle my teammates told me it had gone in off the leg of a defender..to hear my name announced as a goal scorer in my only junior A game in front of about 1,000 fans and my folks and buddies was pretty cool for me. Next game I was back in Junior B (where truthfully I belonged!)

KariyaIsGod*

Well, a few weeks ago my team was down big but we managed to fight back and tie it 5-5. So with about 45 seconds left, I get sprung on a breakaway, fake right go left, roof a back hander ver the goalies outstretched leg and win the game.

A while ago, I got the puck behind my own net, I leave one of their players in the dust, deke out another guy, slide it through the next guy's legs and the way it ended up was just insane. I am slightly to the right of the net. I take the puck one handed with my right hand and slide it around the defender's right side. I flip the puck behind him and in front of the goalie, switch hands so the stick is in my left hand and tap it in on the left side of the net. Ridiculous.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
About three years ago, I was on a rec hockey league team and we were down 9-2 mid-way through the game. I scored a hat trick in that span of time including the game tying goal in the last minute of the game. It ended in a 9-9 tie.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
3 things come to mind for me:

A few years back when I was 17 or so, I scored the GWG on a sweet deflection in the semi-finals with about 10 mins to go, and we held on to win it.. An amazing tournament, considering we had no aspirations of winning and we made it to the finals! (Lost the final of course, but we were happy.)

When I was around 15-16, we were a crap team playing against this team who would routinely beat us 10-1 etc. in the National Champs (it's a small country, nearly every team makes the national champs :joker: ), and we scored the 1st goal on a sweet, sweet 2 on 2 move. I was the guy without the puck, and I burst towards the net around 'my' defender. The guy with the puck put a beautiful flip pass inbetween the two dmen, that landed on my stick about 3 foot from the edge of the goalie crease. The goalie, expecting a deflection, went down, but instead of deflecting it on goal I deked across the front of the net onto my backhand and slid it into the near-empty net. We were ecstatic, and we held on to the lead 'till the final period.. We ended up losing the game 10-2, thanks to some crap defense and goaltending by all involved, but we had our glory for a while at least.

The third one was just recently, in the last game I played.. It was a must win game against our rivals to make the playoffs. With about 10 minutes to go in the game, I pokechecked their best player (a young phenom who's the youngest player in our league), and started rushing the other way all on my lonesome. It was a 1 on 2, I went towards the D on the left, started to deke around him (I'm right handed, dekeing on my backhand to the outside). When his feet started moving that way, I put it through him and 'danced' through the middle of the two dmen to pick it up on the other side. I had no time to think because by now I was right on top of the goalie, who had made a half-assed decision to come out to play the puck before I got there, but decided against it at the last minute. I faked the shot, deked backhand, put it in the net and almost impaled my self on the post (I hadn't given any thought to slowing down). I was pretty ****ing pumped all the same. That goal tied the game, which was great until the aforementioned young phenom undressed our whole side (including me, the captain, last line of defense and I got beaten worst of all) and scored with about 4 mins to go in the game. His goal was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in our league, he held onto the puck for well over 30 seconds, despite all our defensive pressure on him, only to suddenly decide he wanted to score now and turned around and beat the pants off of us. No playoff appearance from us. :madfire:

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
My sweetest goal came in my last year of high school.

I was a defenseman coming on the ice fresh on a line change and the play was in the far left opposing corner...so I had to skate hard to the blueline to keep the puck in. The other team was dumping the puck out however the puck was along the ice so I was able to take it as a pass and in stride just keeping it inside the blue. Full steam a head I took the puck along the boards heading for the corner to look to the slot for an open man. At the point I got to top of the circle EVERYTHING slowed down to a virtual standstill. I literally skated past all 5 defenders with ease, then went around the net, walked out in front, and roofed it over the goalie's shoulder. I didn't even celebrate, just skated to the bench and sat down. It was one of the weirdest experiences ever.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
inline game:

teammate had 2 goals, it was 10 seconds left, i already had 1-2 goals and 2-3 assists already. He stood infront of the net and told me to just put it on net, he'd deflect it. I tossed it from center and he redirected it in for the GWG. it was awesome

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Goals are nice, but hitting and fighting never gave me such a rush. Now that my minor hockey is over, I realize there is nothing like the physicality that you get to experience in hockey. I have tons of great hitting moments, and goals too, but this one is probably my favorite:

Playing the most physical team in the league major bantam, it was near the end of the season and both of our teams were near the top of the league. They came out just banging us and imtimidating our team. As the enforcer I had to do something, so their tough guy came up the ice on a 2-on-2, and as soon as I saw him look down at the puck, I went for a hip check (because he was a lot bigger than me), the guy went flying, and it ended up turning the momentuem and we came back to win.

Mxpunk

Jul 3, 2004
RPV, CA
Mine was back in high school, I believe I was 15 at the time. We were in a regional roller hockey tournament, and our team always had a lot of fans watch (since we usually dominated). One game, my team had the puck in the offensive zone, and I lined up at the top of the faceoff circle for a one-timer (a la Hull). My defenseman threw a cross rink pass to me, and I took a swing. Unfortunately, I whiffed! However, the puck hit my skate and bounced back right in front of me. I looked up and saw the goalie had slid across and was on his back (he was anticipating the one-timer). I was able to roof a wrist shot easily. Later, my parents told me these kids who were watching the game were like, "Whoa! Did you see #21??? He faked a slap shot, kicked it to his stick, and wristed it in!" I only wish I was that clever...

bruins4777*

For street hockey, we were just doing 2 shooters no defensemen one goalie, me. This was my 2nd time using my new pads which i was just breaking in. It was a long time ago. It was the third time the bruins played the flyers in the 2003-2004 season...i think. It was at the wacko center and the bruins won 4-3 with potvin in net...Anyways.

My friend shot is a left handed shot and on the left side of his driveway he shot it, i dropped into the butterfly, something i never do anymore, i left the rebound right to him coming in he moved it over and had the whole rest of the net to shoot at and i was thinking in my head no way i'm gonna stop this, he moved supper fast had the whole net and i quickly flopped onto my chest over and then, he seemed to have an empty net and he tried to roof it backhanded but i jumped over and kinda threw my stick while holding it in my hand and stopped it. Its my best save ever. If that was a crappy explanation, think about what aebischer did against morrison in the avs game 3-2 win for the nucks. except my friend moved from the left side over to the right side real quick, rather than just simply being there for a rebound like morrison did.

Another HUGE rush for me in net. Was when it was just my one friend shooting on me for practice. He was coming up on the leftside of the net as a left hander. I was in my paddledownk, left handed glove, with my right kneedown. He came in and faked a wraparound and was moving out in front i kept on challenging my paddledown to takeaway a chance for him to shoot it unless he moved out, so he decided to make his way all the way to the right side, which he did quicker than usual, he then made a nice move and i realized i had to move out of paddle down so i stretched out my left leg real quick to hopefully stop him there, but he moved around my left leg and he literally had the whole net to shoot at probably 2 feet away from the net. So i really quickly moved my glove out past my foot, i'm ultra flexible, and caught a rising shot right in my glove. This is probably tied for my best save ever.

As a dman/forward. In a game i had a penalty shot. And i came in and i just kinda did one of those things where you flip the puck forward then one-time a loose puck. So i did that and i roofted it. This NEVER happens with me. I SUCK at offense. I have a nice low wrister and a good sense defensively, but other than that i suck. I'm so bad at scoring. Typically i get assists because my wrist shot is good and i get it too the net. Its weird, when i use a smaller stick my slap shot is is really good, but with this stick which is barely too big for me and i can NEVER get it on net. I can't deke either, and my puckhandling is the kind thats good at controlling for a powerplay, but otehr than that it sucks. I'm righthanded and play the left side.

I'm 5'4 so i'm really small. And i'm a actually a really god hitter for my size. In street i laid out and sent flying this one guy who is 6'1 and a complete ass. HE came back at me and i made him miss and fall hehe. :yo:

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
Today I played some Shinny, I'm tall for my age and was the best player there. Not to be cocky, but I'm really good. 1 net and whole ice surface. Anyways, I skated all the way down the picked up the puck. I was tried but skated at top speed, I got the puck. I did a sharp turn and skated back, I had Jeff in front of me at the opposing blue line I rammed into him and he went flying. I had the puck covered by my stick and still had it, I was now skating at moderate speed. Did an amazing deke on two defenders at the centre line. I slid the puck into my skates and faked a deke on another kid and now it was me two other kids and the goalie. The two of them went at me I pulled the brakes when they got to me at the blue line, did a sideways backwards slide to the right and got to the side of the both of them. It was now me and the goalie, I wound up for a slapshot. All out of the blue, I skated full speed at the goalie. Then, made a 180 spin and grabbed my puck. I was going ass first into the goalie, I flicked the puck between my legs and threw the five hole.

It was amazing, I was really tired and fealt like barfing but I held it all in for like 10 seconds of amazing speed and skill. I'm soo cocky and proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->