Your biggest regret of the 2017 Fantasy Season

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Was there a trade you made/didn't make? Did you cut a player? Did you make a bad pick? What was your biggest regret of the 2017 fantasy football season?

I know mine right off the bat. I traded two picks to move up to #11 in my rookie draft. Alvin Kamara, who I loved entering the rookie draft season, was still there. I passed on him though, and I took... John Ross. It's a PPR league, too...

What's yours?

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
For awhile it was dropping Hogan after week 1, I did end up trading for him like week 8 for Cameron Brate but Hogan ended up only playing 1 week before being injured ever since

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Drafting Mike Gillislee, Martellus Bennett (Zach Ertz was available), and Darren McFadden.

EDIT: Also drafting Paul Perkins in round 8.

Last edited:

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I haven't had really had any this year. For awhile I regretted dropping jimmy graham early, but I ended up getting Evan Engram who's also had pretty good numbers. I had about 2 weeks between dropping JG and picking up EE, so I guess that time in between was my regretful time.

Most of mine have just been going against my gut (and advice from this board) about certain people to start any given week and watching them tear it up on my bench. But that's a whole nother matter...

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
My draft and FA pickups turned out great this year, even survived losing two top tier players to injury in Dalvin Cook and Deshaun Watson. Russell Wilson was pissing me off the first month of the season and cost me games, but then went on a tear and is the top scoring QB in my league now.

Only really disappointing draft decision was taking Martellus Bennett.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Dropped Kamara before he exploded in one league

Passed on Larry Fitzgerald in every league because I thought he was too old...

Little Bo Pete

Feb 12, 2009
Traded Rivers for Dalton. My league is with buddies, and Dalton was on bye. Buddy needed a QB so I bailed him out hoping I'd get bailed out if needed later. I had Wentz and Watson so I was set at QB anyways.

Fast forward a few weeks, Watson gets hurt, Rivers starts putting up crazy numbers, and finally here I am tied with this same guy for first in the last week, going head to head with him...

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Having both D. Murray and Henry.

accidently dropping Greg The Leg in one league. I am still 97% certain I had selected a defence to drop, I don't know if I was in bad cell service or what happened but next thing I knew he was in the FA pool.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Having both D. Murray and Henry
Yep. Did the "smart thing" and handcuffed Murray with Henry. It's only made things more frustrating. Every week it's impossible to predict if one will have a good game, and usually they just negate each other as a fantasy option.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Yep. Did the "smart thing" and handcuffed Murray with Henry. It's only made things more frustrating. Every week it's impossible to predict if one will have a good game, and usually they just negate each other as a fantasy option.

extremely frustrating ha. I got a bye in my work league playoffs for finishing 1st in the regular season. I am hoping one or the other comes out with a clear snap count this week so I can sort out whom I am going to start next week.

............I wanted to say injury but that is not nice to wish upon anyone.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
extremely frustrating ha. I got a bye in my work league playoffs for finishing 1st in the regular season. I am hoping one or the other comes out with a clear snap count this week so I can sort out whom I am going to start next week.

............I wanted to say injury but that is not nice to wish upon anyone.

C'mon man. You've had them for 13 weeks, you know that isn't happening haha. And if one does have a big game, you know it'll be the other one that outproduces him next week.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
C'mon man. You've had them for 13 weeks, you know that isn't happening haha. And if one does have a big game, you know it'll be the other one that outproduces him next week.

it was just a nicer thought then saying it would be beneficial to me if one gets injured today. lol

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Biggest mistake was trading Brady and opting to keep Watson.

Of course, no one would have guessed that Watson would go down a week or two later. Leaving me with no backup and an empty waiver wire. But I should have rode the sure thing.

Watson's injury was also a multi-facet injury as I had Will Fuller lighting it up. Once Watson went down, he vanished and unfortunately wound up getting hurt as well.

I also had the misfortunate of drafting Demarco Murray in the same league. But was lucky enough to pawn him off in the Brady trade.

I accepted my fate that just making the playoffs this year would be good enough for that league.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Drafting Andrew Luck hurt. Not tremendously, but I’ve been streaming QBs and have been getting mediocre point totals all season (Carr is awful).

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Wasting a high pick on Mariota, although I did get Wentz later in the draft which kind of made up for it.

Trading Kamara for Ertz was sort of bad. I was trying to sell high on him and had no idea he'd be getting 15-30 points a week and Ertz has played maybe 3 games for me, 2 were good one was crap.

Watson's injury was also a multi-facet injury as I had Will Fuller lighting it up. Once Watson went down, he vanished and unfortunately wound up getting hurt as well.
That's why I usually try to avoid having a QB and his receivers on my team. If he gets hurt or has a bad game, you lose out big time.

Mind you I do have Wentz, Ertz and Agholor.... which is about to show you why you shouldn't have half of a teams offence on your roster.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
How I handled my QBs this year.

I put way too much faith in Jameis Winston. Held onto him for too long, and by the time I had enough, my only option left to pick up was Mariota, who also stinks.

I ended up trading to get Dak, and then he stank it up until this past weekend.

I also had opportunities to pick up Jamal Williams plenty of times, but I kept deciding to keep Marlon Mack instead. I dropped Mack for Samaje Perine though, so it's not a total loss.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Dropping Alex Collins for Alfred Morris. Collins was doing ok yardage wise but wasn't finding the end zone, non ppr too so don't think he top 10 points yet. This was immediately after the first suspension of Elliott was announced so I thought I was outsmarting everyone

Finished first so didn't have too many regrets or bad moves.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I'm in the final 4 in 3 of 4 leagues and in one of those I dominated the regular season so I don't have many.

The only regret I have is in the league I finished 4-9 in is I put too much faith Winston and was playing TE roulette all year mostly cause I picked up Ebron over Engram. Also had some bad luck like Cook's injury and seemingly playing the highest scoring team of the week all the time.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Theres one guy in my league who talks trash now and then and complains a bunch when his team sucks or he loses by a garbage time TD (he's a corporate lawyer, which should explain everything) & every year his team ends up coming in 5th or 6th.... except this year he ripped off 6 straight wins somehow and now has Rodgers coming back (got him off waivers b/c he was lower than me in the standings) and Zeke back next week. & if we both win this week we'll face off for the title/$900. The worst people have the best luck :facepalm:

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
Good thread idea. Mine would be not trading Devontae Freeman for Antonio Brown earlier in the season when the opportunity came up. They were both putting up similar numbers at that time and I could have worked out a deal to AB but chickened out on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad