Your best junior line ever

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
For me it was the 1978-1979 Brandon Wheat Kings line of Laurie Boschman, Ray Allison and Brian Propp. What a trio to say the least. Look up their stats and it is just mind blowing. Plus their PIMS were right up there for little guys. The monster(RIP) was on that team also. Good times to say the least. Anyway what was your favorite junior line?

plusandminus

Mar 7, 2011
For me it was the 1978-1979 Brandon Wheat Kings line of Laurie Boschman, Ray Allison and Brian Propp. What a trio to say the least. Look up their stats and it is just mind blowing. Plus their PIMS were right up there for little guys. The monster(RIP) was on that team also. Good times to say the least. Anyway what was your favorite junior line?

Markus Naslund-Peter Forsberg-Niklas Sundstrom (who was two years younger), all MoDo players. Forsberg set a still standing scoring record at the World Juniors with those two as wingers.

Sedin twins with Mattias Weinhandl, for MoDo. Spent a lot of time in the offensive zone and allowed very few goals against.
(Not exact sure if they all still were teens or if they were 20.)

Edit: seems no one beats those lines? ;)

Last edited:

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Bobby Smith, Steve Payne and Tim Higgins scored 167 goals as a line in 1977-78 for the Ottawa 67s. They were my favorite but the Boschman line might have been even better.

Claude The Fraud

Apr 2, 2008
Rimouski
In Rimouski, the line of Juraj Kolnik, Brad Richards and Jan Cadieux, was something in 1999-00.

In 2004-05, the quintet of Sidney Crosby, Marc-Antoine Pouliot, Dany Roussin, Patrick Coulombe and Mario Scalzo was probably the best combination of five player that year.

Copmuter*

Perry & Nash played on the same London Knights team

Jeff O'Neill and Todd Bertuzzi were on the same Guelph Storm team

Dissonance

Feb 27, 2002
Cabbage Patch
Visit site
The Corey Perry-Dylan Hunter-Robbie Schremp line in London during the 2004-05 season is the best I can think of in recent memory (though I'm not sure if they stuck together all season). They finished 1-2-4 in scoring, respectively, and ripped right through the Memorial Cup.

That was an absurdly strong team all around, though.

---

Edit: Oh yeah, the Patrick Kane-Sam Gagner-Sergei Kostitsyn line in London two years later was pretty great too. But that 2005 team was just ridiculous.

Last edited:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
The Lemieux line in Laval was probably the best regardless of who were the wingers.

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada
For me, it was early 80's Oshawa Generals
Mitch Lameroux, Tony Tanti and Dave Andreychuk....awesome

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
The Corey Perry-Dylan Hunter-Robbie Schremp line in London during the 2004-05 season is the best I can think of in recent memory (though I'm not sure if they stuck together all season). They finished 1-2-4 in scoring, respectively, and ripped right through the Memorial Cup.

That was an absurdly strong team all around, though.

Perry and Hunter were basically attached at the hip while Schremp bounced back and forth a bit between centering the first and second line (with Bolland). The Knight's powerplay that year was the most dominant I've ever seen at any level.

This type of puck possession was seen on a game to game basis. :amazed:

---

Edit: Oh yeah, the Patrick Kane-Sam Gagner-Sergei Kostitsyn line in London two years later was pretty great too. But that 2005 team was just ridiculous.

TBH this line wasn't significantly worse than Perry-Hunter-Schremp, if at all. After (chronologically) three straight OHL reg. season titles, a conference final, a Memorial Cup and a OHL final I was expecting the Knights to start rebuilding. Instead, two rookies by the name of Kane and Gagner join S. Kostitsyn on the top line finishing 1st, 3rd & 5th in OHL scoring en route to another OHL title. :laugh:

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.

Before Boschman, it was Allison, Propp and Bill Derlego, which was just as good. Derlego hit 50 goals after only 27 games.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Before Boschman, it was Allison, Propp and Bill Derlego, which was just as good. Derlego hit 50 goals after only 27 games.

I forgot about Derlego. Dam. Ray was a little pit bull and Brian had that shot of his that was like a bolt. I always hoped that Don Gillen(sp) would have clicked for us and he even scored in is first game for us, I believe. But he ended up as part of a trade for us. I really miss the Hockey News from the 70's. The paper has the year book which is decent and the draft review which is no where as good as it was back then and the Future Watch which is decent. The weekly rags are a 60 second read then you can toss it. OH WELL, LATER.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
1973-74 Sorel Black Hawks

Michel Deziel (69-92-135-227) - Pierre Larouche (67-94-157-251) - Jacques Cossette (68-97-117-214)

combined for 283 goals and 692 points.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Who played with Lanny McDonald and Tom Lysiak in Medicine Hat?

Obviously a forgettable guy.

for me it is Derlago (who would have easily cracked 200 points had he not missed 20 games) Propp and Allison.

as amazing as those Brandon teams were for top end elite talent the TEAM of New Westminster won the WCHL title 4 years in a row and won their last 2 memorial cups (4 straight appearances) with a group of just okay guys a ton of heart and also a ton of violence and hard work.

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
Markus Naslund-Peter Forsberg-Niklas Sundstrom (who was two years younger), all MoDo players. Forsberg set a still standing scoring record at the World Juniors with those two as wingers.

Sweden scored 53 goals in that 92-93 World Junior tournament
Forsberg had 31 points in only 7 games. (involved in 58% of Sweden's goals)

10 points against Japan (W 20-1) -- 50%
5 points against Finland (W 9-2) -- 55%
5 points against Czech Rep. (W 7-2) -- 71%
4 points against Russia (W 5-1) -- 80%
4 points against Canada (L 4-5) -- 100%
2 points against USA (W 4-2) -- 50%
1 point against Germany (W 4-2) -- 25%

The line, Forsberg-Naslund-Sundstrom combined for a total of 69 points in 7 games.

double5son10

Jan 20, 2011
Denver
From the 1968-69 Montreal Jr. Canadiens, winners of Memorial Cup and arguably the most stacked junior team ever (and obviously a very different era).

Marc Tardif-Gilbert Perrault-Rejean Houle

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Not CHL, but Didn't Amonte-Mceachern-Tkachuk play together at BU?

Roenick was supposed to be on that team too.

Yup along with Scott LaChance Joe Sacco and Adrian Aucoin. Something like 10 players from that team went to the NHL which is a ridiculous amount from one team.

The Hawks made the decision for him to go to the Q. He had scholarships for BC and BU, who knows where he would have gone, probably with his HS buddy Amonte.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
From the 1968-69 Montreal Jr. Canadiens, winners of Memorial Cup and arguably the most stacked junior team ever (and obviously a very different era).

Marc Tardif-Gilbert Perrault-Rejean Houle

Ya, terrific team. Interestingly though Goalies Wood & Tucker never played in the NHL, one of them a lifer in the IHL, the other playing in the minors & WHA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad