Value of: Your Backup Goalie to Toronto

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
What goalies are available league wide and what is the pricing.

TOR needs a legitimate backup goalie not a question mark. McElhinney was a perfect fit.

People tend to underestimate the importance of a quality backup goalie.

Our management made a judgment error and it’s clear we need to give up some sort of asset to correct that.

Reactions: Hollywood North

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
What goalies are available league wide and what is the pricing.

TOR needs a legitimate backup goalie not a question mark. McElhinney was a perfect fit.

People tend to underestimate the importance of a quality backup goalie.

Our management made a judgment error and it’s clear we need to give up some sort of asset to correct that.

It’s clear who they picked, why would they waste a pick after giving up two low quality backups already? They should ride with what they got.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Take one look at the Leafs game score tonight and you knew this thread was coming...

He was awful in the preseason as well. Very small sample size. But he looks awkward in the net. Not sure why the Leafs chose not to throw him in the minors one more year and keep Curtis Mac who is a veteran backup who got the job done for them.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
He was awful in the preseason as well. Very small sample size. But he looks awkward in the net. Not sure why the Leafs chose not to throw him in the minors one more year and keep Curtis Mac who is a veteran backup who got the job done for them.
he would have likely been claimed in waivers, he might look bad but teams would take a chance on the best ahl goalie last year.

Mgmts thought process was either keep McElhinney who is a great back up short term or keep sparks for long term.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
They aren't panicking, unlike some citizens of Leafs Nation.

There's no need to do so.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
he would have likely been claimed in waivers, he might look bad but teams would take a chance on the best ahl goalie last year.

Mgmts thought process was either keep McElhinney who is a great back up short term or keep sparks for long term.

Maybe Sparks does become a decent NHL 1a/1b, but for a team like the Leafs who have a great window now, I don’t think choosing to dump a veteran backup who fit well for a question mark was the right decision.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Maybe Sparks does become a decent NHL 1a/1b, but for a team like the Leafs who have a great window now, I don’t think choosing to dump a veteran backup who fit well for a question mark was the right decision.
I agree big divide on leafs board, McElhinney gave us a .924% over two years which is not only good but elite, he was amazing for us.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
I'd swap Ward for local boy Sparks but unfortunately, Ward has an NTC.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Play some defence in front of the guy!

Tie up sticks, move a body, throw a hit here and there....you know, d stuff.

If you track race with other teams it won’t matter who you have in net. It’s gonna be ugly

That said. Halak for Nylander. Signed. At 4 million per

Reactions: HockeyMad68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad