Your All Time Favorite CBJ Players

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
I'm updating my list because I've thought about it more.

Jakub Voracek
Zach Werenski
Grant Clitsome
Cody Goloubef (I'm still sad he never panned out fully with us)
Jan Hejda
Mark Letestu

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I didn't really watch Blue Jackets hockey until 2011, didn't really become a die hard fan until 2013 so that's why I have the recency bias...
Seth Jones, Matt Calvert, Sergei Bobrovsky.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I have a soft spot for those loveable losers of 2009-2010. They were full of personality, really entertaining. Just not a great hockey team, lol.
2009-10 Columbus Blue Jackets Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

I also love Prospal and Jack for their culture shifting presence. Methot was taking us on a tour of the locker room on a players day off as part of a “players Xmas basket” raffle package. JMFJ was pulling a weight sled with free weights strapped to his chest and back. On the day off?!?! Marc said “That’s Jack, works crazy-hard! ALWAYS.”

All time favorite player is/was Jake Voracek.

On this team, I’d go with Cam, Bob, Jones.

Bread is disqualified according to OP, but I echo the thought of those who say he’s the most exciting and/or best player ever in a CBJ sweater.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I also love Prospal and Jack for their culture shifting presence. Methot was taking us on a tour of the locker room on a players day off as part of a “players Xmas basket” raffle package. JMFJ was pulling a weight sled with free weights strapped to his chest and back. On the day off?!?! Marc said “That’s Jack, works crazy-hard! ALWAYS.”

Many likes.

Johnson welcomed his trade here and never sulked about missing out on 2 Stanley Cups in LA. Prospal, as you say, was another key player in the culture shift.

While I know he was as slow as a dump truck at the end, I was shocked that Prospal was cut loose after leading the team in scoring in the lockout-shortened 12-13 season. He never played again after that season.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Tugnutt
Vyborny
Whitney
Nash
Malhotra
Shelley
Zherdev
Tollefsen
Voracek
Huselius
Anisimov
Dorsett
Prospal
Bobrovski
Atkinson
Foligno
Dubinsky
Savard
MacKenzie
Calvert
Letestu
Hartnell
Jones
Werenski
Panarin
Gavrikov

I hope Boqvist and Roslovic will be added to the list soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoeBartoli

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Boll, Jones, Rick Nash, Prospal, Voráček, Foligno, Jenner, Fedorov

Last edited:

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Tugger
Whitney
Nash
Zherdev
Dorsett
Dubi
Jack J
Jones

Edit: I forgot Dineen initially.

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Going back to my original post - actually THE original post - I have to update my list to include Bjorkstrand, my current favorite Jacket for the last few years.

Adding an HM for Nick Foligno.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Really happy to see Hartnell and Letetsu on so many lists….Two really good guys, solid players on the ice and great with a mic in front of them.

Reactions: tunnelvision

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Basic but I started watching the team because of Nash, the first one.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Manny Malhotra is my all-time favorite. He was fun to watch, was as good as anyone in the league at face offs, and he had a smile like Magic Johnson or Sugar Ray Leonard's that just disarms people.

He always looked like he was having fun.

Probably my second favorite was David Vyborny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad