Your 5 Fav Wrestlers all time?

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Not looking for the best list. I want to hear your 5 favourite all time wrestlers and why

mine:

1. Hogan - as a kid he was the top dog for a long time. I think I cried when he lost at WM 6 and when Bundy squashed his ribs

2. Bret Hart - the more time that passes the more I appreciate him. He was so dependable and consistent. Year after year he was relatively healthy and produced some of the best matches ever.

3. Savage - just so skilled and was way ahead of his time. He was so cool from WM 3-5. They could have done more with him

4. Piper - was also ahead of his time. Incredible on the mic and him and Hogan should have had more battles together. Piper should have won the title back in the 80s

5. Demolition - loved these guys as a tag team back in the day. Just a great look and style.

GongShowWilly

time to pay the Piper
Jan 25, 2016
Alberta
1. Honky Tonk Man - was a great heel , had an awesome gimmick and a good song ! He just grew on me …. - was in both WWE & Stampede Wrestling - met him once
2 . British Bulldogs - my fav tag team of all time , so exciting for that era - were in both WWE & Stampede Wrestling - met them once
4. Ricky the Dragon - best face ever , I don't know how you couldn't love him . He was my fav part of WWE at the time , along with Honky.
5. Owen Hart - he carried Stampede Wrestling after the Bulldogs and Bret left , made his mark finally in the WWE .- met him numerous times

DuncanMacpherson

Apr 6, 2010
1. The Rock - Hilarious, so much charisma and the best all time on the mic.
2. Mankind - so weird and funny
3. Taker - like something out of a horror movie, impressive longevity
4.HBK - cool, fun great wrestler
5. Ric Flair- hilarious

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
... 2 . British Bulldogs - my fav tag team of all time , so exciting for that era - were in both WWE & Stampede Wrestling - met them once
4. Ricky the Dragon - best face ever , I don't know how you couldn't love him . He was my fav part of WWE at the time , along with Honky. ...
I can't argue with the mighty @GongShowWilly so I'll take those 3 and the Road Warriors.

Reactions: The Shadow

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
1. Shawn Michaels - I like watching his matches more than I like watching any other wrestler's matches. I was a big fan of cocky young asshole Shawn Michaels. I remember being flabbergasted in the mid 90s when my mother asked whether his gimmick was being in the Village People. I don't know that I'd like 90s Shawn Michaels a whole lot if I was seeing him now for the first time, but he made an impression on me and realistically is never going to be supplanted as my favourite wrestler. Second career Michaels is basically a different wrestler in my mind but also an all time great with his consistently excellent in ring work and his occasional (Summerslam vs Hogan) flashes of classic Michaels.

2. Bret Hart - Best in ring face work ever and the best looking offence from any non-huge wrestler. I always enjoyed Bret Hart as an old fashioned face in a changing wrestling world. I generally always preferred heels but he was the exception. Star of my favourite angle ever, USA turning on Bret Hart. Underrated on the mic from 94ish on. His WCW stuff, while not as good as it should have been, is better then people give it credit for. I can't see any new wrestler ever surpassing Bret Hart on my favourite list.

3. Chris Jericho - I hated Lionheart Chris Jericho. His heel turn was great though and I enjoyed pretty much every incarnation he's gone through. WWE's misuse of Jericho in the early to mid 2000s in favour of far inferior talents played a big role in turning me off watching WWE regularly. I used to have him as my fourth favourite wrestler but he's hung around so long doing good stuff that I bumped him up. No one was so versatile while still remaining consistent at the core level. Maybe the most creative wrestler.

4. The Rock - Most natural charisma of any wrestler ever. I thought that Rocky Maivia was garbage just like everyone else did but I bought in very quickly once he turned heel. He had a pretty old fashioned in ring style and never forgot that entertainment if the primary goal. I always liked him way more than I did Austin and would be annoyed with Austin getting more attention on TV. While I can now admit that Austin was the better wrestler all things considered, and even the better promo, I still much prefer The Rock. Would have loved to see what he could have done as the main man in the 2000s.

5. Ricky Rude - Because it's an upper body business for f*** sake. Great gimmick, really good and underrated in ring work, never stuck around anywhere to get stale. I seem to enjoy everything I see of Rude even more than I expect to. Played his role pretty much perfectly. I have a lot of wrestlers who could end up in this spot though. Tomorrow it could be Savage here. Realizing now that I forgot Mr. Perfect and that he belongs in this spot. I still attempt the gum slap from time to time and with a solid success rate.

Honourable Mentions: Mr. Perfect, Randy Savage, Ultimo Dragon, Kenta Kobashi, Christian, Kanyon, Tully Blanchard, Owen Hart

Last edited:

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
1. The Rock - no one could touch him on the mic from 1999-2002. Every segment was a must watch and memorable matches and moments that got you out your seat. On a personal note, he got me through a lot as a kid.

2. The Undertaker - As time went, his streak matches were "must watch" at Mania. Outside of the streak, heck of a performer for his size. There will never be another character this big.

3. Bret Hart - He was our guy... Love him or hate him (ignoring the shortened career), he really was like he says (Best there is, best there was and best there ever will be).

4. The New Day - Okay this one will be very unpopular. Even today, I still find them the most entertaining thing around. Not gonna lie, Kofi winning the title brought a little tear to me eye. Maybe it's my bias UpUpDownDown side, but I find myself to connect very well with each of them as I see a lot of myself in them.

5. Chris Jericho - Another great all around performer. On my list, 2nd best on the mic and in the ring.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
1. Mitsuharu Misawa

He made me appreciate Japanese wrestling.
His matches are some of the most emotionally intense I have ever seen.
Each one is an odyssey within itself...
And they string together to tell an even bigger story.
Even his tag matches deserve to be watched...
Which is very unique amongst big stars.

2. Toshiaki Kawada

Any great needs a great rival...
And nobody plays that role better than Kawada.
He is probably the best sympathetic heel...
Because you will be invested in his journey to topple the ace.

3. Chris Jericho

The man is the absolute king of reinvention.
No matter the era...
He will be a top star.

4. Kazuchika Okada

He is the best wrestler on the planet right now.
In fact...
When he is finally done...
He may be known as the best ever.

5. Nick Bockwinkel

He was very technically proficient...
So much so that he was still a great wrestler in his 50s...
But his promos were what makes him unique.
He is the only wrestler who makes me crack open a dictionary just to understand the words he uses.
:laugh:

HM:
Tomohiro Ishii

I love the Stone Pitbull...
So I have to mention him here.
He will never get a run with the top title...
But he absolutely deserves it.
He has been one of the MVPs in New Japan for the last decade or so...
And he is a true unsung hero.

Will Osprey

He is the best high flyer on the planet...
Able to pull off some of the most beautiful and impactful moves in the world right now...
And he made the right call to ply his trade in New Japan.
He will absolutely get wrecked in WWE...
Because Vince will never like him.
I look forward to see him have a run with the top belt.

Minoru Suzuki

He is a legit tough guy who will make anyone piss their pants.
Even at 50...
He is still a top 6 to 7 wrestler in his company...
And he can still be a top belt holder.
The man simply gets wrestling...
And he has perfected his persona.

Katsuyori Shibata

I absolutely love his no gimmick gimmick.
He is pretty much the last vestige of strong style...
The final connection between past and present...
And he is able to translate the style rather well to the modern era.
If he did not get hurt in what turned out to be his final match...
He may have gotten the top belt by now...
Because he had the crowds on his side after so many years.
It will probably not be a memorable run...
Because there are limits to his style...
But it would have been be a great moment.

Owen Hart

I absolutely believe that he is the best wrestler in his family.
He can absolutely outwork Bret...
Because he is a better athlete...
And he can talk a lot better.
He will also try anything to entertain the crowd...
So he got put into some really weird situations and gimmicks...
But he always makes them work.
The man should have been a world champ a long time ago.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jericho- guys good at everything. Literally everything.

Angle- wrestling machine, it’s amazing how good his promos are considering he came from Olympic wrestling. His work in both WWE and TNA can only be described as spectacular.

Guerrero- I’m having such a greater appreciation for him rewatching his return in 2002

Jake Roberts- one of the best heels ever when not fully off the deep end. Him making kids across the country cry when he attacked macho man with the cobra is the best thing I’ve ever seen in professional wrestling. Even the promo to lure macho man down to the ring was spectacular and something I quote all the time “dont you look reaaaaaaaaal sweeeeet”

William Regal- loved the hiding the brass knuckles schtick, believable/rugged worker who cuts a great promo with his awesome accent

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
C1846CF4-56CC-4528-A5A7-B584BFF79D2A.jpeg

this is Jake the Snake Roberts heat.

Best heel ever. Made the most children cry. That’s my metric. That’s why he’s in my favorites. Possibly #1

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
1 - Barry Windham
2 - Ric Flair
3 - Arn Anderson
4 - The Great Muta
5 - tie between Rick Rude, Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts, Tully Blanchard and The Masked Superstar

The thing with Windham for me was the same as being a fan of an NHL team but really liking a player that was on another team but then that guy gets traded to your favourite team. Barry Windham joining the Horseman was, still is and will always be my favourite wrestling moment of all-time. Why April 20th is not a National holiday still puzzles me. :thumbu:

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
1. Bret Hart
2. Chris Jericho
3. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
4. The Road Warriors
5. Brian Pillman

Hm's to RVD, Owen Hart, Steiner's, Piper, Sting, Macho Man, Lance Storm, Benoit, Davey Boy Smith.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Steve Austin
Kurt Angle
Jake Roberts
Owen Hart
Kenny Omega

HM: Shawn Michaels, Adam Cole, Brian Pillman, Chris Jericho

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Somewhat of a tough one as this can be in flux for me. Apart from #1, here is what I would say right now in no particular order:

Chris Jericho
William Regal/Stephen Regal
Brian Pillman
Eddie Guerrero
Lance Storm

After that quite a few guys like for various reasons.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Stone Cold
HBK
Demoliton
LOD
Hogan

While I was a big Hogan fan growing up, I really don't care for the guy anymore. But I think I have to have him in there considering how much I liked him growing up

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Probably easier picking my favorite wrestler by year then trying to pick my top 5 since my opinions changed year by year.

I always was a promo fan first and formost

HM(Both would rate top 5 takers but they technically weren't full time wrestlers when I caught them):
Bobby Heenan - I always loved Heenan no matter what role he did
Jesse Ventura - I really didn't get to see him during his peak wrestling years, yet another great person on the mic

1. Piper - probably most consistent guy when it came to my liking him whenever he wrestled(top 5 wrestlers)
2. The Rock - Had a good run during the attitude ERA
3. Austin - Another great guy during the Attitude ERA
4. Mr Perfect - loved his WWF run
5. Ultimate Warrior - I love the combo of high energy and extremely weird promo style

HM: Ric Flair - never really got into NWA/WCW but just based on his WWF work alone he gives Warrior a run for his money(I only give Warrior an edge because there was a period of 1 year of so that Warrior was my run away favorite)

On a side note People I enjoy in hindsight that I wasn't that huge into at the time

1. Iron Sheik - never realize how truly amazing his promos were at the time
2. Dr D David Schultz - I got into WWF after he left the company so it was really hard to like him, but I love watching his promo work and matches on Youtube
3. Honky Tonk Man - another guy you realize was great at generating heat

I probably should add a special mention of Rick Martel, I got into wrestling in 84 when he was AWA champion and he was my favorite then(before I switched to WWF) and I liked him all throughout his career. Always a special place for me that he was Canadian.

Last edited:

spitsfan24

Mar 18, 2017
I grew up during Ruthless Aggression, so my top 5 is very likely to come from this era.

1. Jeff Hardy: As a kid, watching Jeff fly around the ring was the coolest thing ever. When he won the title at Armageddon, I legit might've cried. Whenever anybody did him wrong, I put him on the list (kinda like Jericho). I absolutely hated Matt Hardy as a kid because he cost him the title at RR, and CM Punk for cashing in on him after his ladder match with Edge
2. The Undertaker: IMO, the best gimmick ever and anytime he was on TV, I was glued to the screen.
3. Randy Orton: His heel run in 2007 is one of my favourites ever. I loved Rated RKO, and he was one of the only bad guys I rooted for at the time.
4. Brock Lesnar: The guy was huge, athletic, and explosive. Really enjoyed his matches (before Suplex City for the most part).
5. Edge: I think it was his promos that did it for me. He always seemed so energetic, and I liked his Rated R Superstar persona.

HM: Shawn Michaels, John Cena, Batista, Kurt Angle - All big stars that I enjoyed watching.

Reactions: Kaner9

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
5) Toru Yano: The standard by whom all comedy workers are judged by. The match he had with Omega in the G1 a few years back is just about the single greatest thing ever.

4) Sandman: If you ever attended an actual live ECW show you'd know why: there was NOTHING like the Sandman's entrance. Just the most awe inspiring and crazy thing you could ever experience.

3) Bryan Danielson: The first time I ever saw him was at the first ROH show I ever attended in June 2002 and he had a match with Doug Williams that absolutely blew my mind. His match vs Morishima at the Manhattan Center in 2007 is the only WON MOTY I was ever at in person.

2) Mick Foley: Possibly the greatest promo guy ever. Take any series of promos by anyone in history and none are better than the anti-hardcore promos he did in ECW. And of course he had so many great and legendary matches to boot.

1) Terry Funk: So a wrestling fan dies and goes to heaven. Guy sees another guy in candy striped tights cussing up a storm with a flaming branding iron. He sees St Peter and says "I can't believe Terry Funk passed away". St Peter replies "That's not Terry Funk, that's God. He's just pretending he's Terry Funk".

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
1) Stone Cold Steve Austin - all his personas but especially the original "Stone Cold" character from mid 1996 until he broke his neck in the summer of 1997.

2) Ric Flair

Then you can rank 3 through 5 in any order.

Shawn Michaels - DX heel 1997-98

Scott Steiner (Big Poppa Pump nWo/WCW heel 1998-2001)

Hollywood Hulk Hogan (nWo heel 1996-1999)

HM: The Rock - Nation of Domination/Corporate Champ - heel 1998-1999

Reactions: Kaner9

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
1 THE ROCK the most entertaining and electrifying man in wrestling

2 RVD style no one can touch and his attitude is funny

3 Booker T cause im no sucka

4 Razor Ramon Scott Hall come on meng you can't not like his strut

5 Torrie Wilson ;)

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
5) Toru Yano: The standard by whom all comedy workers are judged by. The match he had with Omega in the G1 a few years back is just about the single greatest thing ever.

4) Sandman: If you ever attended an actual live ECW show you'd know why: there was NOTHING like the Sandman's entrance. Just the most awe inspiring and crazy thing you could ever experience.

3) Bryan Danielson: The first time I ever saw him was at the first ROH show I ever attended in June 2002 and he had a match with Doug Williams that absolutely blew my mind. His match vs Morishima at the Manhattan Center in 2007 is the only WON MOTY I was ever at in person.

2) Mick Foley: Possibly the greatest promo guy ever. Take any series of promos by anyone in history and none are better than the anti-hardcore promos he did in ECW. And of course he had so many great and legendary matches to boot.

1) Terry Funk: So a wrestling fan dies and goes to heaven. Guy sees another guy in candy striped tights cussing up a storm with a flaming branding iron. He sees St Peter and says "I can't believe Terry Funk passed away". St Peter replies "That's not Terry Funk, that's God. He's just pretending he's Terry Funk".

Danielson vs Williams must have been incredible. Williams is wildly underrated imo. TNA could have done more with the British Invasion

I’m jealous of the shows you’ve been able to see. I need to get myself to a high end Indy show at some point. I feel like catching a PWG show would be sweet

Reactions: sabremike

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I grew up during Ruthless Aggression, so my top 5 is very likely to come from this era.

1. Jeff Hardy: As a kid, watching Jeff fly around the ring was the coolest thing ever. When he won the title at Armageddon, I legit might've cried. Whenever anybody did him wrong, I put him on the list (kinda like Jericho). I absolutely hated Matt Hardy as a kid because he cost him the title at RR, and CM Punk for cashing in on him after his ladder match with Edge
2. The Undertaker: IMO, the best gimmick ever and anytime he was on TV, I was glued to the screen.
3. Randy Orton: His heel run in 2007 is one of my favourites ever. I loved Rated RKO, and he was one of the only bad guys I rooted for at the time.
4. Brock Lesnar: The guy was huge, athletic, and explosive. Really enjoyed his matches (before Suplex City for the most part).
5. Edge: I think it was his promos that did it for me. He always seemed so energetic, and I liked his Rated R Superstar persona.

HM: Shawn Michaels, John Cena, Batista, Kurt Angle - All big stars that I enjoyed watching.

fun fact Freddie Prinze Jr. had a hand in convincing Vince to do that lol

Reactions: spitsfan24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->