World Cup: Your 2016 WCH Rankings

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Basically, rankings based on your own feelings and observations, not necessarily have to go along with the teams' records or when they were eliminated.

my ranking:

1. Canada - no question about it.

2. Europe - as much as this team was regarded as a pushover, they defeated two top 4 hockey nations, today they had a dominant second period vs Canada. I think deserve to be 2nd.

3. North America - Even though they didn't make the SF, they had an outstanding tournament, beating two top nations and outplaying Russia for 40 minutes. No doubt in my mind they would have given a good challenge to team Canada.

4. Russia - The only team to defeat NA, a solid performance against Finland and a snoozefest vs Sweden that could have ended in OT had Ovie touched the puck with his stick at the end of the game. The only team to give Canada a scare this tournament.

5. Sweden - I really was not impressed by team Sweden in any of the games they have played this tournament. All boring games, no flashy plays, barely squeezing victories against Russia and Finland and finally a shameful loss to team Europe in SF.

6. Czech Republic - Besides being blown out by team Canada, they had 2 good games, and with a little luck they could have made the SF.

7. USA - Terrible tournament by any means, there's hardly anything positive team USA had done this tournament. Ended up with no points.

8. Finland - Also unexpected result by the Finnish team, they were not the favorites, but they were expected to give a tougher challenge to any team. They were a bit unlucky in two last games, but in general they were not good.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1.Canada- Duh

2.North America- Fast dominant team. If not for 20 minutes against Russia I think they would have won the whole thing. I know I'll get heat for this one but to me they looked like the 2nd best team and could have beat Canada

3.Europe- Surprise of the tournament. Kopitar's awesome. The team's really gelled.

4.Sweden- On paper probably the 2nd best team but too passive.

5.Russia- Interchangeable with Sweden. They didn't really give Canada much of a challenge IMO. Bobrovksy was the only reason the score was close

6.Czech's- Injuries to key players hurt. Played well against Europe and USA though.

7.Finland-Played in the tougher pool and had a lot of young guys in the lineup

8.USA- A cluster you know what of a tournament.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
1.Canada- Duh

2.North America- Fast dominant team. If not for 20 minutes against Russia I think they would have won the whole thing. I know I'll get heat for this one but to me they looked like the 2nd best team and could have beat Canada

3.Europe- Surprise of the tournament. Kopitar's awesome. The team's really gelled.

4.Sweden- On paper probably the 2nd best team but too passive.

5.Russia- Interchangeable with Sweden. They didn't really give Canada much of a challenge IMO. Bobrovksy was the only reason the score was close

6.Czech's- Injuries to key players hurt. Played well against Europe and USA though.

7.Finland-Played in the tougher pool and had a lot of young guys in the lineup

8.USA- A cluster you know what of a tournament.

Gonna go with this one. North America was just a broken goalie thumb from the semis. Europe plays a solid boring game, but I dont think they'd be able to beat North America.

The rest of the teams kind of sucked. Toss up 4-5 Sweden Russia but Sweden beat them so whatever.

USA worst team in the tournament no question. Finns struggled but had a harder group.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The results should have been
Canada
N A
Europe
Russia
Sweden
Czechs
Finland
U S A
Based on the players the teams presented.
U S had the biggest fail, mainly because of the players the brought.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
1.Canada
2. Russia
3. Sweden
4. North America
5. Europe
6/7 Others)
Team Russian only team in world can beat Canada)

Lataba76

Sep 6, 2015
1.Canada
2. Russia
3. Sweden
4. North America
5. Europe
6/7 Others)
Team Russian only team in world can beat Canada)

Never! Russia has no chance vs Canada. Maybe a talentet hart working Team could be danger for the Maple Leafs.

My personal tipp: Finland in 5-10 Years could be a hart contender for Canada!

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
1. Team Phil Kessel
2. Canada

3. North America (Just 2 bad periods in the whole tournament)
4. Europe (Surprise!)
5. Sweden
6. Russia

7. Czech Republic

8. Finland
9. USA

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
North America is easily ahead of Europe in my book. They laid waste to them in both pre-tourney games, and it's pretty obvious they were the better team. NA was in control of essentially every minute of every game, except for like that 5 minute span against Russia. Crazy to think that a bad quarter-period could be the difference between finishing first in the group and missing the semis.

Canada
NA
Europe
Russia
Sweden
Czech Republic
Finland
USA

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
To me

1. Canada, AINEC

2. North America
3. Europe
4. Sweden
5. Russia
6. Czechs
7. USA
8. Finland

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
That's pretty easy.

1. Canada
2. Sweden
3. Russia
4. NA
5. Europe
6. Czech
7. Finland
8. USA

Bump Europe to 4 if they are actually competitive vs Canada tonight; bump Europe to 2 if they win vs Canada tonight; bump Europe to 1 if they win this tournament.

Corax

May 1, 2007
World Cup should not be considered best on best. It is a Disney Cup. The referees with agenda have no place in international hockey. Final game was brutal. In last 10 minutes there was so much hooking in offensive zone to keep the puck in, which created momentum.

Most of the penalties were weak calls. Really disappointed by the way games are controlled by refs, but not surprised. Typical, *lets keep things interesting* approach.

And this is where International hockey should be different. There should be bad calls against Canada as well. Well, NHL is a circus, with best players but still a circus.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad