Your 2008 WJHC Team?

Le depisteur

Feb 13, 2003
Québec
Visit site
Lucic is ahead of Ryan White in my opinion, he is much better all around player. Think James Neal.

I would be extremely surprised if Lucic will be there, you cannot drop the gloves at WJC... But we never knows, maybe his strong work ethic will impress the coaches...

You had a good point to propose Lucic, but in my opinion you under-evaluate very much Ryan White because he's precisely a better all-around player than Lucic...

Last edited:

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
If you think the only thing Lucic does is fight then you are so wrong, first he was just named WHL Player of the Week, second he has 13 points or something like that in 15 games even though he has been battling an injury all playoffs, second he led his team in a lot of categories and yes fighting was one he had 18 of them this year, but he also had 30g and 38a good for 68 points in 70 games all while playing on the first line and he was also a +32, so Lucic is a dominant power forward unlike no other in the WHL.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
Lucic in season is second for goal , third for assist , fisrt for point and second for pim , he lead all .....

in playoff fifth for point , dont talk for goal , second for assist , nine for +/-

70-30-38-68
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
White
72-34-55-89

second for goal
fisrt for pim ,assist

in playoff
third for goal
second for assist
second for point
third for +/-

Ryan was on 1st team All Stars, White is most recognized as a strong, smart, and competitive two-way player who brings a heart-and-soul work ethic to the team.

Bam Beet*

For the Americans...

Defense
Jamie McBain University of Wisconsin
Ryan McDonagh University of Wisconsin
Cade Fairchild University of Minnesota
Kevin Shattenkirk Boston University
Ian Cole Notre Dame
Derrick LaPoint University of North Dakota
Colby Cohen Boston University

Forwards
Mike Carman University of Minnesota
Blake Geoffrion University of Wisconsin
*Patrick Kane London (OHL)
*Peter Mueller Everett (WHL)
Jim O'Brien University of Minnesota
*Kyle Okposo University of Minnesota
Aaron Palushaj University of Michigan
Jordan Schroeder U.S. National Under-18 Team
*Jack Skille University of Wisconsin
Bill Sweatt Colorado College
James vanRiemsdyk University New Hampshire
Pat White University of Minnesota
Colin Wilson Boston University

*possibly NHL, therefore unavailable

They've got some very nice forwards but the defence took a big knock with EJ, JJ and Chorney all gone. Any chance Nigel Williams will be on the team? He had a great year in the OHL as a rookie. Also is Stoa too old now? Also who's going to be the goalie?

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
heres my USA team

Goalies
Jeremy Smith
Thomas McCollum

Defense
Erik Johnson (may be in nhl)
Jamie McBain
Bobby Sanguinetti
Kevin Shattenkirk
Ian Cole
Derrick LaPointe
Jon Blum
Nick Petrecki

Forwards
Patrick Kane
Kyle Okposo
Peter Mueller
Bill Sweatt
Mike Carman
Blake Geoffrion
James vanReimsdyk
Colin Wilson
Jimmy Hayes
Jim O'Brien
Mitch Wahl
Tyler Ruegsegger
Mike Hoeffel/Patrick White/Max Pacioretty/Eric Tangradi

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
Jack Skille is too old, and wheres David Fischer?
Oops, let's replace him with Rhett Rakhshani.

Too many 89's in that group of D. They won't take all those 89's when there are 88's that already have a year of College hockey and are much better.
Did you see how many 88's they had at forward last year? It's possible that they'll have mostly '89s, but I'm open to the idea of collegiate '88s. David Fischer could be one of those, Nigel Williams is a possibility too. Chris Summers from Michigan, Brian Strait from BU, Mike Ratchuk from Michigan State, can you suggest any others?

At forward, maybe Tony Romano from Cornell, Doug Rogers from Harvard, and very likely Rhett Rakhshani or Tyler Ruegsegger from Denver.

not one CHL Defenceman on the American defense.
Besides Williams, can you suggest one?

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
chl defensemen
jon blum
bobby sanguinetti
tj brennan
kevin montgomery
zach bogosian

i doubt they will take nigel williams. ditto for colby cohen. in fact im 100% positive they wont take cohen, and i would bet he doesnt even get offered a tryout.

darkhorses for me would be jason reese and cj stretch in the whl, eric tangradi in the ohl, tony romano at cornell

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
i doubt they will take nigel williams. ditto for colby cohen. in fact im 100% positive they wont take cohen, and i would bet he doesnt even get offered a tryout.
USA Hockey does have a reputation for being political, so I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. However, Cohen IS one of the seven best American defensemen under 20, so I put him on my list anyway.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Giroux should definitely make the team...

IMO...this is what the team should look like:

___?____ , John Tavares, Steven Stamkos
Cory Emmerton, Angelo Esposito, Sam Gagner
Brett Mclean, Logan Couture, C Giroux
Kyle Turris, Ben Maxwell, Ryan White
Evan Fuller

Irving
Bernier

I removed Toews (IMO, he will be in the NHL with Chicago)
I also removed Bryan Little from the possible '08 WJC roster (Little is born in
'87, he's too old).

p.s.: Call me a homer:p:, but I really believe that Maxwell and White will make the team (could really help Canada Jrs. win Gold). Maxwell could even make the 2nd line, White on 3rd line...we'll have to wait & see;).

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
Blum is a great american born defenceman right know with the Giants, he is as good as all of those guys on the list probably even though i dont have a clue who the other guys are.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Oops, let's replace him with Rhett Rakhshani.

Did you see how many 88's they had at forward last year? It's possible that they'll have mostly '89s, but I'm open to the idea of collegiate '88s. David Fischer could be one of those, Nigel Williams is a possibility too. Chris Summers from Michigan, Brian Strait from BU, Mike Ratchuk from Michigan State, can you suggest any others?

At forward, maybe Tony Romano from Cornell, Doug Rogers from Harvard, and very likely Rhett Rakhshani or Tyler Ruegsegger from Denver.

Besides Williams, can you suggest one?

John Hynes will be the head coach so I would scratch Willams, Sanguenetti, and Cohen off the list. I think the front runners are Summers, Strait, McBain, Fischer, Shatenkirk, and Ratchuk. Erick Johnson will be in the NHL. Carl Sneep and Kevin Montgomery could get a look also.

Boston

Captain Chara
Oct 3, 2005
Lucic in season is second for goal , third for assist , fisrt for point and second for pim , he lead all .....

in playoff fifth for point , dont talk for goal , second for assist , nine for +/-

70-30-38-68
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
White
72-34-55-89

second for goal
fisrt for pim ,assist

in playoff
third for goal
second for assist
second for point
third for +/-

Ryan was on 1st team All Stars, White is most recognized as a strong, smart, and competitive two-way player who brings a heart-and-soul work ethic to the team.

But above all else, Ryan is a Hab. Therefore, he has a better shot, is faster, better all around skill set, better looking and has a hotter girl friend.

Bam Beet*

I always enjoy watching Carman and Sweatt on the PK. What great hustle. They'll be a thorn in the side of the opposition.

Is Ryan Stoa too old for the tourney?

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
I guess that Team Cananda would look like this.... pretty difficult to judge:

Kyle Turris - Sam Gagner - Claude Giroux
James Sheppard - John Tavares - Mark Santorelli
Ryan White - Ben Maxwell - Brad Marchand
Riley Holzapfel - Steven Stamkos - Milan Lucic

Reserve: Zach Boychuk, David Perron, Logan Couture, Brett MacLean

Ty Wishart - Karl Alzner
Drew Doughty - Alex Plante
Logan Pyett - Thomas Hickey

Reserve: Kevin Marshall, Michael Del Zotto, Yann Sauve

Jonathan Bernier
Leland Irving
Michael Neurvirth

P.S: I was assuming that Toews joined Chicago

NativeHockey77*

I think Evan "Full Time" Fuller would do great on Team Canada. and Im not just saying that just becuase Evan himself, Carey Price, and I are all from Williams Lake.

ohyeh congrats to Carey for going PRO!

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I think Evan "Full Time" Fuller would do great on Team Canada. and Im not just saying that just becuase Evan himself, Carey Price, and I are all from Williams Lake.

ohyeh congrats to Carey for going PRO!

Congrats to Price!!;)

I haven't been this excited about a Hab player/prospect since...Komisarek.
I think I'm more excited about Price (& I'm a huge Komisarek fan!).

We're following the AHL Bulldogs and Carey Price in 2nd round of the Calder Cup playoffs...
Game 1 is very soon...

Go Bulldogs Go!!
Go Price Go!!

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I always enjoy watching Carman and Sweatt on the PK. What great hustle. They'll be a thorn in the side of the opposition.

Is Ryan Stoa too old for the tourney?

yes

I Sanguinetti not too old?

no

I guess that Team Cananda would look like this.... pretty difficult to judge:

Kyle Turris - Sam Gagner - Claude Giroux
James Sheppard - John Tavares - Mark Santorelli
Ryan White - Ben Maxwell - Brad Marchand
Riley Holzapfel - Steven Stamkos - Milan Lucic

Reserve: Zach Boychuk, David Perron, Logan Couture, Brett MacLean

Ty Wishart - Karl Alzner
Drew Doughty - Alex Plante
Logan Pyett - Thomas Hickey

Reserve: Kevin Marshall, Michael Del Zotto, Yann Sauve

Jonathan Bernier
Leland Irving
Michael Neurvirth

P.S: I was assuming that Toews joined Chicago

Michal Neuvirth is not from canada. he is from the czech republic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->