Your 18/19 Hot Take

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Matthews, Marner, and Nylander all re-sign long term before the season starts at a total cap hit that gives Dubas the flexibility to keep the team competitive. Matthews is named captain.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs man games lost to injuries this year increases significantly, as opposition will take liberties with slash, crosschecks and physical abuse, without any fear of retribution to themselves or their teammates as a result based on Leafs intended player personnel this year.

bpower

Aug 21, 2005
Andersen is a vezina nominee and Tavares doesn't hit 30 goals.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Babcock will shaft Matthews in terms of ice time and PP time.

Babcock will like to use Kadri as the "match-up" line against the other team's top line... and he will love the Tavares line. Matthews and Willy get the short stick.

Hope I'm wrong.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
Sparks solidifies himself as a legitimate NHL goaltender. Gets a shutout his first game this year ;)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Leafs man games lost to injuries this year increases significantly, as opposition will take liberties with slash, crosschecks and physical abuse, without any fear of retribution to themselves or their teammates as a result based on Leafs intended player personnel this year.

did the Leafs dismantle their sports science department and fire their doctors?

not to mention, Komarov barely did anything last year and Martin spent the entire 2nd half in the pressbox and that didn't happen either.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
did the Leafs dismantle their sports science department and fire their doctors?

not to mention, Komarov barely did anything last year and Martin spent the entire 2nd half in the pressbox and that didn't happen either.
I think his hot take is more just the way he thinks of the game in general. Not sure he's enjoying the way the Leafs are being built.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
My hot take is that this thread is asking for an outlandish prediction as opposed to a hot take. My outlandish prediction is that by the end of this season hf stops using the expression hot take.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think his hot take is more just the way he thinks of the game in general. Not sure he's enjoying the way the Leafs are being built.

When Mitch or Willie are missing 20 games due to injury due to a slash on the wrist, or Matthews is crosschecked in the back, then my hot take fear will be realized.

Reactions: tony m

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Have you been watching at all the last two seasons?

Yup and your hot take requires Hyman to be removed from the top 6, short of a major, potentially career threatening or ending injury that won't happen Babcock needs Zach Hyman in his life

Reactions: ToMaLe

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

Our players know how to stand up for themselves. Oh woe is us, whatever will we do without Polak & Komarov around to scare the opposition teams into behaving... Not that Komarov does that AT ALL.

And don't even both mentioning Matt Martin. We took him out of the lineup and we're much better for it with no negative repercussions

This is a ridiculously terrible take and you should be ashamed.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->