Youngest Player in this Year's Draft

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Who is it? I'm always curious about these kinda 'not important but just so you know' tidbits.

The youngest I can find is Duncan Siemens who was born September 7, 1993

Any younger ones?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
They always say "he will be among the youngest" but I have yet to see anyone younger than Siemens. I'm sure there is though, just not sure who.

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011
One of the youngest swedes that could be considered for this draft is Fredrik Händemark, born 27 augusti. He is a real hidden gem, wonder if anybody have noticed him, a big center with good offensive qualities. Would be impressed if he gets picked, since he haven't got much exposure or hype but could turn in to a great player.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=27259

Shhhh, these sleeper picks should not get by detroit or the leafs. :sarcasm:

arsmaster*

Is he likely to get drafted? Never heard of him before.

179th on the midterm rankings from CSS.

I read something on him earlier this season, cant remember where.

6'4" 180lbs defensman who can skate.....might we worth a late round flyer for deep NHL teams that can afford to let prospects play 4 years of NCAA and then some minor seasoning.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
179th on the midterm rankings from CSS.

I read something on him earlier this season, cant remember where.

6'4" 180lbs defensman who can skate.....might we worth a late round flyer for deep NHL teams that can afford to let prospects play 4 years of NCAA and then some minor seasoning.

If a kid that big can skate its worth taking a 6th or 7th round pick on them. Might pay off.

i think he has to wait one year i think that Sept 14,1993 is the latest date for 2011 draft

No its the 15th.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Is he likely to get drafted? Never heard of him before.

"D NEAL GOFF – STILLWATER HS
BORN: 09-15-1993
VITALS: 6’-5†/ 185 LBS
STATS: 25 GP 3 G 8 A 11 PTS 26 PIM +7
NOTES: The big guy, while he looks like a gangly uncoordinated kid trying to grow into his body, is also an accomplished track and field star for Stillwater. His USHL rights are owned by the Fargo Force and he could play a year there before moving on to Division I college hockey. The youngest draft eligible as his birthday falls right on the cut off day for the 2011 draft, one day later and he would be 2012 eligible.

SCOUTING REPORT: A strong shutdown defender…uses his reach and mobility to close off lanes and box out would be attackers…shows fast footwork and the ability to close gaps quickly…reads the developing play and is quick to react…surprisingly good all-encompassing mobility especially for his size…his stride could still use some technical coaching due to some unnecessary movements…needs to pack on a good 20-30 pounds of muscle before college…has very limited offensive upside.

COACH QUOTE, Phil Housley: “There’s so much upside to his game and he really wants to learn.â€

DRAFT WATCH: Mid-to-late round draft pick candidate. Goff is pretty new to the limelight for draft prospects but under ex-NHL defenseman Phil Housley his development can go nowhere but up."

http://futureconsiderationsdotca.wo...11-a-tough-year-for-minnesota-high-schoolers/

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

If that kid went to School in Illinois he'd be a Junior in high school right now instead of a senior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad