Young stars Sept 8 -11 th

ennsjd07

Feb 11, 2016
Kauai, Hawaii
On the afternoon ride show Maurice said that about a dozen of the young guns that are boarder line making the team will have a mini camp for a week to prepare them for main camp. Maurice also said that the Jets found that high end prospect in their 2nd young stars tournament tend to not play well so the team decided to setup this mini camp so the coaches can do some one on one work with the players and what the coaches expectation are to give them the best shot at making the team. Conner, Roslovic and Lemieux are part of this group. I really like this idea of a mini camp for prospect that have a decent chance to make the team all the help they need to succeed.

This gives me some hope that PauMo isn't a terrible coach after all. Every coach has flaws, but he seems to actually want some of these prospects to make the team. Go figure...

Also, it's Penticton, but it's HOCKEY! WOOOO.

Last edited:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
This gives me some hope that PauMo isn't a terrible coach after all. Every coach has flaws, but he seems to actually want some of these prospects to make the team. Go figure...

Also, it's Penticton, but it's HOCKEY! WOOOO.

It's been mandated that they focus on the young guys, as they're part of the backbone of this team. Its success rides on their success, so giving them the most of their opportunities is incredibly important. Let's not have any stunted growth due to managerial and executive decision making.

ennsjd07

Feb 11, 2016
Kauai, Hawaii
It's been mandated that they focus on the young guys, as they're part of the backbone of this team. Its success rides on their success, so giving them the most of their opportunities is incredibly important. Let's not have any stunted growth due to managerial and executive decision making.

Hence why I was wondering at the signings of people like Hendricks (or those other guys we just got rid of)... because they take up the spots we could be giving to the kids to learn. But you also need people to fill holes when the kids aren't quite ready. I'm curious how long til kids like Niku, Poolman, and Spacek are ready.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Hence why I was wondering at the signings of people like Hendricks (or those other guys we just got rid of)... because they take up the spots we could be giving to the kids to learn. But you also need people to fill holes when the kids aren't quite ready. I'm curious how long til kids like Niku, Poolman, and Spacek are ready.

To beat up Thorburn after he take out one of our young guys when we play the Blues.:sarcasm:

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Spacek over Harkins at C is interesting assuming that was reported properly.

Last season, Spacek played C on the Moose and Harkins played LW in all of the four games they got. I assume the reporting is spot on.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Last season, Spacek played C on the Moose and Harkins played LW in all of the four games they got. I assume the reporting is spot on.

Interesting, given that Appleton is also a natural centre i wonder if the plan is to rotate the three this tournament.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Not our tournament but Leaf nation is freaking out because Liljegren is having a terrible game.

One game means very little. We should remind ourselves about that before this game starts.

#bewaresmallsamplesizeandrecencybias

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Not our tournament but Leaf nation is freaking out because Liljegren is having a terrible game.

One game means very little. We should remind ourselves about that before this game starts.

#bewaresmallsamplesizeandrecencybias

I love when Leaf nation freaks out. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->