Young stars Sept 8 -11 th

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
This is the third year in a row that one or some of their prospects have pulled out of the tourney due to Mono. What's in the water over there?

Nothing wrong with the water here, and the summer weather has been outstanding. It never rains in Vancouver :sarcasm:

Seriously there's been no significant rainfall since mid june. I've never seen grass so brown anywhere (there is green grass around but they are watering it)

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Nothing wrong with the water here, and the summer weather has been outstanding. It never rains in Vancouver :sarcasm:

Seriously there's been no significant rainfall since mid june. I've never seen grass so brown anywhere (there is green grass around but they are watering it)

Same thing a couple of years ago when I was out there - there was a ban on washing cars and watering lawns. Everything was brown - very strange for usually-lush Vancouver.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Pascal Vincent (who will be coaching this squad) just told Kevin O that Poolman is good to go for this tournament.

IIRC he said "as of right now he's good to go"

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Pascal Vincent (who will be coaching this squad) just told Kevin O that Poolman is good to go for this tournament.

IIRC he said "as of right now he's good to go"

I have high hopes for Poolman. I just think that with the shoulder surgeries, this whole year will be a rehab year for him.

Geez, just don't reinjure yourself buddy.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Anyone attending tomorrow's practice?

In previous years the line combos and pairings have been kept intact for the first game.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
The sad part of the Extension announcement press conference is that there will probably be no local media watching this practice

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Stanley wasnt exactly screaming top prospect when he was drafted to be honest, so this doesnt exactly change anything.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I expect us to get destroyed in this tourny but will be watching for development purposes.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
that article was slightly lame.
eliminating the Jets' bias I/we may have, i am still surprised that you didn't have Poolman or Stanley in there. instead, they put a 22 year old KHL prospect in there. lol.

i mean, in the end, who cares. it's just a list.

Yeah that made ma laugh as well :laugh: There would have been enough Jets candidates to put at #10... Poolman? Niku?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/game-day-jets-open-young-stars-against-canucks/c-290909768

The Winnipeg Jets open the 2017 Young Stars Classic tonight against the Vancouver Canucks at 9:30pm CT in Penticton, BC.

You can watch the game LIVE right here on WinnipegJets.com, as the Jets' official YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/NHLJets) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/nhljets/) pages beginning at 9:15pm CT.

Holy Crap! I"m going to get to watch some form of Hockey???? :handclap:

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
On the afternoon ride show Maurice said that about a dozen of the young guns that are boarder line making the team will have a mini camp for a week to prepare them for main camp. Maurice also said that the Jets found that high end prospect in their 2nd young stars tournament tend to not play well so the team decided to setup this mini camp so the coaches can do some one on one work with the players and what the coaches expectation are to give them the best shot at making the team. Conner, Roslovic and Lemieux are part of this group. I really like this idea of a mini camp for prospect that have a decent chance to make the team all the help they need to succeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad