Young stars Sept 8 -11 th

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
https://futureconsiderations.ca/player/antoine-crete-belzile/

A two-way defenseman who thinks quickly and makes simple yet strong plays in all zones…not a guy who will lead many rushes up ice but does move the puck effectively…makes great outlet passes and effective breakouts…his one-timer is heavy and if improved in accuracy, this could make him a very dangerous point man on the powerplay…skates with good mobility and a strong stride…defensively is where he excels, making strong reads and doing a great job forcing attackers off course and to the outside… plays a physical game and uses his body and his strength to remove players from the puck…despite not being overly big he is tough to compete with in the corners and around his crease…not a hyperactive competitor by nature but instead displays with a calm and composed persona making calculated decisions when to engage his opponent…has middle pairing safe defensive defender NHL upside. (November 2016)

An interesting name from the defense invite. Another website says he models his game after Marc-Edouard Vlasic. We'll see how good he is at the tourney, I guess.

Also, Mike Webster looks like he had a decent go of it in his first pro year in the ECHL.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Young team with a lot of F invites and most of our top prospects not playing. I'll consider it a success if they win a game or score more than 6 goals.

Most interesting storyline is probably the center/winger aspect of the three Moose rookies Harkins/Spacek/Appleton. All three of them spent time at C in the WHL/NCAA, not all three of them will play C for the Moose (Cormier will center one line, and then there are DeLeo/Sgarbossa/Roslovic as possible centers -- and Petan, if PauMau still doesn't like him, or Hendricks, if PauMau surprisingly doesn't like him). Their position in this tournament might give a first hint on whether the guys view them as a center or winger -- they could all center their own line, or they could just play together on the first line. If any of them plays on the wing for all three games we know what's up.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Garrett .... Do not drink to the point that you black out.

Just enjoy the hockey and report back to us.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Getting closer. It will also be my black out date. I will still creep though and be on Twitter.

So no more posting on here at all? Or just anything related to analytics?

Can't stop by and drop a "LOL" when we have Hendricks in the lineup for 20+ games at the end of the season :laugh:?

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I am looking 4wrd to Appleton /Harkins/Spacek having a good Tourny and showing that we have some good depth in the system waiting on stanby with the Moose.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Oilers roster is out. Looks similar to ours... defense should be good, forwards are mostly invites and some long shots. Benson is probably injured but still listed, similar to Poolman. Puljujarvi won't attend.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Were the games televised last year? I recall watching, but not sure if it was online or TV.

Remember Tkachuk cross checking Lemieux in the back of the head several times, causing his injury.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Were the games televised last year? I recall watching, but not sure if it was online or TV.

Remember Tkachuk cross checking Lemieux in the back of the head several times, causing his injury.

They were streamed last year. Though not through the Jets. I remember having to watch the Flames and Oilers streams.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I watched it through the Jets I think, but IIRC it wasn't working for most people

Actually I think we streamed the Jets v. Flames but they had issues and didn't stream the Jets v. Oil or Canucks so we had to watch on youtube streams for the teams. My memory is pretty hazy though at the best of times.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Actually I think we streamed the Jets v. Flames but they had issues and didn't stream the Jets v. Oil or Canucks so we had to watch on youtube streams for the teams. My memory is pretty hazy though at the best of times.

That could be right. Either way, I hope we have a good stream this year

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
That could be right. Either way, I hope we have a good stream this year

Same here. I think they realise that people are fiending for some Jets hockey about this time of year and should have a good one up.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Flames roster is out, too. Unlike the Jets/Oilers they did invite their AHL sophomores... so Mangiapane-Jankowski-Foo/Valimaki-Andersson is clearly the best starting lineup, and the Flames are the clear favorites to win this tournament.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Flames roster is out, too. Unlike the Jets/Oilers they did invite their AHL sophomores... so Mangiapane-Jankowski-Foo/Valimaki-Andersson is clearly the best starting lineup, and the Flames are the clear favorites to win this tournament.

They stacked their team last year too. Always seem to.
I think they had like a 25 year old last year.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
And finally the Canucks roster. Boeser, Juolevi, Demko on there. Fun fact: they only have 4 F listed as center, two of them are invites, one is an undrafted FA signing, one is a 2016 overage 7th round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad