Young stars Sept 8 -11 th

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Really like this invite. Also hoping for invites for Thomas Gregoire and Adam Thilander. Are we still in the post draft window where teams can sign players that weren't drafted?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2381461

Gregoire is attending Colorado rookie camp.

Thilander is attending Carolina rookie camp.

IIRC the deadline is the beginning of the the CHL season unless the player has signed a tryout which makes the deadline the beginning of the NHL season.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Garrett leaked 3 more invites (to be confirmed) in another thread.

F Rickard Hugg (tbc)
F Tyler Boland
F Kameron Kielly
F Mathieu Sevigny
F Cristiano DiGiancinto
D Michael Webster (tbc)
G Cole Kehler (tbc)

In case this is brought up again, here's how the UDFA signings work:

Every undrafted U20 player who was eligible for the last draft can be signed, but only if they exclusively played in North America last season.

Philippe Myers had played in NA so he could sign, Hugg has played in Europe so he can't. The Oilers tried to sign Vladimir Tkachyov in 2014. Didn't work because he had played 2 KHL games the season before.

Signing deadline for those U20 NA players is the start of the CHL season, unless they sign a tryout (i.e.: they are invited to main camp); in that case the deadline is the start of the NHL season. Over 20yo undrafted NA players are free agents and can be signed at any time. Hugg can't sign with any team, he'll be available in the 2018 draft. We are free to sign everybody else on the invite list.

Together with our rookie (NA) pro prospects:
F Spacek, Harkins, McKenzie, Appleton, Stallard
D Niku, Stanley, Green, Gawanke, (Poolman -- injured?)
G (Berdin -- injured?)
10F, 5D, 1G

Possible additions from within the system (second year pros and AHL contracts):
F Connor (unlikely), Roslovic, Lemieux, Beauvillier (AHL contract)
D Nogier, Kulevich (AHL), Dienes (AHL)
G Phillips, Phinney (AHL)

So far, most second year non-NHL-regular pros like Lemieux/Nogier did play in the in the Penticton tournament. Last year was the first exception, I think, when Petan and Morrissey didn't play (but De Leo and Kostalek did). I don't know the plan for this year, but there's a post by Garrett on the first page of this thread that doesn't mention Roslovic, Lemieux or Nogier... who knows. If we do rely on invites a lot, the team will probably be not very good, but the chance of finding a good free wallet during three losses might be bigger than the chance of a guy like Nogier or Lemieux actually profiting from three August early September exhibition games...

Last edited:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Garrett leaked 3 more invites (to be confirmed) in another thread.

F Rickard Hugg (tbc)
F Tyler Boland
F Kameron Kielly
F Mathieu Sevigny
F Cristiano DiGiancinto
D Michael Webster (tbc)
G Cole Kehler (tbc)

Together with our rookie (NA) pro prospects:
F Spacek, Harkins, McKenzie, Appleton, Stallard
D Niku, Stanley, Green, Gawanke, (Poolman -- injured?)
G (Berdin -- injured?)
10F, 5D, 1G

Possible additions from within the system (second year pros and AHL contracts):
F Connor (unlikely), Roslovic, Lemieux, Beauvillier (AHL contract)
D Nogier, Kulevich (AHL), Dienes (AHL)
G Phillips, Phinney (AHL)

I believe Beauvillier and Kulevich will be coming as AHL contracts.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Do we have any muscle in the line-up to protect our young guns from wanna make a name for them selves wannabes.

Lemieux plays that in your face style agitator role. Last year he got injured in this Tourny and it derailed his season. If I was him I would prefer to skip Penticto this year.

Big question is does Connor and Rozlo play?

They both were at development camp.

It is strange only having 2 invites from our 2016 draft. with both being late picks from the 5th and 7 th round.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
You don't skip things when you are trying to make a pro club and hockey has changed and you are seeing less and less "goonish" level hockey players

Stanley will be there and he can handle pretty much anyone that any other team will bring.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
You don't skip things when you are trying to make a pro club and hockey has changed and you are seeing less and less "goonish" level hockey players

Stanley will be there and he can handle pretty much anyone that any other team will bring.

Well, Tkachuk's not playing in the tourney this year so there goes 90% of the goon-level hockey.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/jets-announce-2017-young-stars-classic-roster/c-290783230

0leV7fy.jpg

Huh. They list Tucker Poolman as playing, and neither of Roslovic or Connor. Lotta invites.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Guessing the D pairings will be:

Niku-Poolman
Stanley-Green
X-Gawanke

With X being a rotation of Kulevich and the two invites. Zero clue how they'll roll at forward.

EDIT: Heh, likely no Poolman? So maybe:

Stanley-Niku
X-Green
X-Gawanke

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
That's probably a good sign that Poolman is recovering well. Be surprised if he plays though.

Unfortunately it looks like I'm only going to be able to attend the last game on Monday morning.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Hey... look the three players I called... hmmm

But ya, as I said: Poolman is questionable at this moment but is on the roster just in case. Roslovic and Connor were not going.

Pollman questionable because of rehab? Has anyone heard how he is doing?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Usually it's a good F crew and tirefire defense. If Poolman is healthy we'd have a pretty good D group. F are two good lines and a bunch of meh/unknown lol.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Connor/Rozlovic/ and Lemieux have been moved up to the big boy table. Skipping the Rookie Tourny and going right to main camp.

All 3 should be playing the majority of the 8 pre-season games like Morrissey did last year.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Even though I know he likely won't play, it's very encouraging that 10 days out from the tournament there's a chance that Poolman could play. Based on that it seems likely that he'll be good to go to start the season and we might even see him in some preseason games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad