Young stars Sept 8 -11 th

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I use to find this tournament interesting but I have to admit most of our talent is in the NHL now so I don't have much interest in this line up. Guys like Niku and Harkins will be playing for the Moose which is in town now so there will be lots of chance to watch the few guys that might make the Jets one day.

I'm still excited, though admittedly it may be just be because I'm so hockey deprived by this point.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
I'm still excited, though admittedly it may be just be because I'm so hockey deprived by this point.

Everyone gets excited for the young stars tournament!

Then the team is a tirefire, especially on defense, and makes the HFJets Scouting Brass shut off their laptop screens before the end of the game.

At least that's how I remember these going.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Combination.
Roslovic is a chance invite, but not certain on it.

Aye, same as well.
Some of the invites that I've heard rumoured are interesting... which is a first for me for the Jets and this tournament.

good interesting? or bad interesting?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Professional teams paying for players' transportation, room and board? Why, it would defile the purity of amateur athletics! :sarcasm:

There is also the reality that players are already attending classes and must maintain grades or become ineligible to play hockey.

They would likely have to pay their own way to attend these tournaments as well in order to satisfy the NCAA financially although I don't think anyone has tested those waters. And these are also generally considered tryouts so not sure how that would be treated by the NCAA.

I'm not sure what would be in it for a player to try to legally attend one of these. So much to lose for so little benefit.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011

Me too, this always gets me aped up for the preseason. It'll be interesting this year with so many of our prospects graduated or not attending. There's a better chance than ever to spot diamonds.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
17 days out from the Jets 1 st rookie Game.

It all starts to come together after the long weekend.

Over /under of rookie camp (F.A.)invites is now set at ;

.................Ten (10)................

I am choosing the over.

-

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Which one of the youngsters do you have surprising people with a strong camp? Lemieux, Roslovic?

I think Roslovic would dominate a tournament like this with his pro experience.

I am looking forward to seeing the Finns, Niku,Virtanen and maybe Vesalainen if he comes.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Another invite, Mathieu Sevigny.
http://www.journalexpress.ca/sports/hockey/2017/6/27/l-aventure-professionnelle-se-poursuit.html (article from June 27, we need more people paying attention!!! :laugh:)

Pretty sure Niku will be the only Finn.

Interesting -- thanks for updating. Says that Sevigny played at the YS for the Flames last year, and that Zinger was impressed with his play in the Q last season with Drummondville -- will suit up for Victoriaville this year, having been traded in early June.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad