Speculation: Young lineup for 2020/21

Dead Thing

Jun 24, 2018
How competitive would this team be???

-Win # 1 pick and choose Lafrenier
-Number in brackets are players' age as of Oct. 1/20. No one starts the season older that 26 and team average is a little less than 22.5 yrs. Even in 22/23, no one would start the season older than 28.

Bert(25)/Larkin(24)/Mantha(26)
Lafrenier(18)/Velen0(20)/Zadina(20)
Fabbri(24)/Rasmussen(21)/AA(26)
Smith(22)/Svetch(23)/Hirose(24)
Perlini(24)
Larkin, Bert, Mantha, Lafrenier and Zadina are top 6, and Veleno seemed to have pretty good chemistry with Lafrenier in the recent World Juniors.

Hronek(22)/Seider(19)
Cholo(22)/Bowey(25)
McIsaac(20)/Lindstrom(21)
Wood(24)
Hronek and Seider will easily be #1 pairing for a decade+.

Larsson(22)/Fulcher(22)
Really have no idea how good either of these 2 are or will be.

In my fantasy world, Howard, Green, Daley, Ericsson and Biega are not re-signed and Abby, DDK, Helm, Filppula, Glenny, Nielsen all decide to retire.

Please remember my original question-how competitive would the above lineup be. Personally, I'm not sure this team would make the playoffs, but I think it would be pretty entertaining.

Flame away.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Veleno needs more time. Cholowski/Bowey as a pairing would get killed unless they both take a big step forward from where they are now. Larsson/Fulcher as the goaltending tandem has the potential to be an absolute dumpster fire unless Larsson finds his game again.

If we get Lafreniere we need to bring in a top 6 proven center, a top 4 D, and an upgrade in net. Landing Lafreniere should trigger some aggressive moves to make this team better.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I enjoy the thought of stabilizing veteran presence Madison Bowey.

What happened to Nemeth?

MetalHeadRedwingfan

Feb 6, 2019
Hopefully Krug makes it to FA. We sign him, and land Lafriene in my dream world.

Larkin, Bert, Mantha
Zadina, AA, Lafrienere
Rasmussen, Filp, Fabbri
Smith, Glenny, Helm.

Krug, Hronek
Dekeseyer, Seider
Lindstrom, Nehmeth

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
My hope list:

- Helm traded
- AA traded for a goaltender, or assets to get a goaltender.
- Nielsen buried/bought out
- Perlini let walk, or extended and buried to Griffs

- Strömwall in
- Rasmussen up
- Svechnikov up

Bertuzzi -- Larkin -- Mantha
Fabbri - Rasmussen - Zadina
Svechnikov - Filppula - Strömwall
Smith -- Glendening - Abdelkader

(Ehn, Erne)

- 2020 1st pick to Griffins
- Hirose to Griffins.

Defence:
- Ericsson let walk
- Greene traded
- Daley let walk
- Biega extended, and buried to Griffs
- Howard let walk

- Bowey extended
- Seider up
- Healthy DeKeyser

DeKeyser - Hronek
Nemeth - Seider
Cholowski - Bowey
Lindström

1.Goalie
Bernier

No Torey Krug, but if we get Krug, that will push Lindstöm/Cholowski to Griffins, maybe Cholowski as a trade bait.

bearball

Sep 11, 2019
Milton Keynes, UK
Zadina - Larkin - Mantha
Bertuzzi - Rasmussen - Fabbri
Svechnikov - Filppula - Perlini
Erne - Ehn - Glendenning

Scracth: Helm, Abby

DeKeyser - Hronek
Nemeth - Seider
Cholowski - Lindstrom

Sratch: Some FA.

Bernier
Some sort of reclaim project goalie.

LTIRetirement - Frans Nielsen

------------

I don't see next year's forward group looking too different from this year, Perlini and Erne I reckon can be convinced too stick around for another year with a qualifying offer. Erne has value as a 4th line guy, Perlini I am quite high on, I think his general play has been there just hasn't been able too buy a goal until today. I am hoping it kicks on some form and he can at least end the season with around 7 - 10 goals. Considering the state of this team and his poor start, that would represent something too build upon. I also like how a line with him and Svechnikov might look.

Big Ras should probably rotate with Flipper for the 2/3c although know Blashill he will probably rotate with Glendenning for the 2c/4rw spot.

In a super ideal world you are able too flip Glendenning and Helm at 50% off at the draft table or prior too it to get some more young guys in and keep a guy like Smith up or give Pearson/Turgeon a crack at the 4th line during Pre-Season.

Zadina is part of the big club now.

Veleno will be given another year of seasoning in the AHL as the 1C I would probably go as far as too say that barring a Top 3 selection (Alexis, Byfield, Stutzle) then we should give whoever we pick up a year with him in the AHL.

If Johansson impresses in pre-season, get him over and playing on American ice. Soderblom could maybe do with another year in Sweden. Berggren is good, just needs too stay healthy, I would say bring him over as well.

Defense will see a lot of changes owing too the amount of UFA contracts, Seider will be up, I don't think that is contentious at this point. DeKeyser can hopefully stay healthy. Lindstrom looked very good, already ahead of Daley, Ericsson and Bowey for my money. I feel safe with him there and think he could be a good foil for Cholowski.

Goaltending is a big fat meh. Bernier has probably done enough this season too start and will probably earn himself a trade too a contender come the deadline if he plays next year how he has for the majority of this one.

AA probably does end up being dealt. It is a shame because as fans of a team that is losing, a player like him undoubtedly brings an element of fun too proceedings, but he is someone who we can probably get a slight overpayment for given his goalscoring ability. If a team like Carolina can be targeted and a guy like Bean acquired as one of them there "hockey trades" I say do it. Nothing against AA, it is just smart business.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I'd try
Fabbri-Larkin Mantha
Bert Rasmussen Svechnikov
1still round - Glendenning -Zadina
Aby -Ehn Filp

-

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad