Proposal: Young LD for Petry

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Very serious. Now come back and tell me how ridiculous it is. Not going to hurt my feelings. If you don't like it, good luck. Petry stays with the Habs and you can go after a rental
If that's the price tag....ya, he will be. And i don't think i need to tell you how ridiculous it is....you should know that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If that's the price tag....ya, he will be. And i don't think i need to tell you how ridiculous it is....you should know that.

It's only ridiculous according to your buy low standards. And hey, for the record, I was off 1 year and 100k on Nylander. I said 7x7 all along. Just giving you an example of when I'm not ridiculous ;). I was also not wrong about Patch. Well I guess you can say I was cause my asking price was lower than what we actually got. :laugh:

Keep using your HF typical response "Ridiculous". It means nothing to me. You use the word and never back it up.

Go look at my Matthews offer sheet post. I'm sure you will like it. I wasn't wrong with Patch, Nylander, and I'm not wrong with Matthews or Petry. But you can continue to ignore it and use the word "ridiculous" if you wish

Last edited:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
It is and Petry is worth more than that

Look at what Hamonic got and now consider Petry is actually a good number two instead of a 4.
Hamonic got a 1st and 2 2nds (the 2nd one being a choice of 2019 or 20). At the time of the trade, he was 26 years old and he still had 3 more years at 4.875.

So, somehow 31 year old Petry is with 2 years left a 5.5 is worth a 2019 1st....a player Toronto made trades to acquire in the 2018 1st round Sandin(and a player playing who is developing very well while being a position of need) as well as a 2nd. Taking Horton's contract means nothing....and then we need to pay more to get 1 million retained?

Go ahead and call me a homer....i am not seeing fans of any other team offering close to that value.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Since the start of last year, Petry is 21st in league scoring for defencemen. Since the start of this year, he's in the Top 10, He's a very decent cap hit for the next 2 1/2 year at 5.5 million. He will get a first and a good prospect if he's traded, I have no doubts about that. Whether he's traded is another story altogether...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hamonic got a 1st and 2 2nds (the 2nd one being a choice of 2019 or 20). At the time of the trade, he was 26 years old and he still had 3 more years at 4.875.

So, somehow 31 year old Petry is with 2 years left a 5.5 is worth a 2019 1st....a player Toronto made trades to acquire in the 2018 1st round Sandin(and a player playing who is developing very well while being a position of need) as well as a 2nd. Taking Horton's contract means nothing....and then we need to pay more to get 1 million retained?

Go ahead and call me a homer....i am not seeing fans of any other team offering close to that value.
You are a homer.

1st is a first, it's going to be worst than the flames one, too, by a lot.
Sandin is essentialy a 2nd round pick, honestly, I don't even want him, he was way down in my list of players last draft.
A 2nd is equivalent to a 2nd round pick (Duh.)

It's a worse package than what the Isles got for a way worse player.

You gotta give to get, thats it. You wont win the cup with that defense, and you have to be smart to build a stanley cup winning team, thats a move to make.

Petry JUST turned 31 and he's on a sweet heart contract. He'd instantly become your 2nd best/best D depending on how he feels, he'd instantly become your shutdown D, and he makes the Leafs so much better.

Anyway, without Dermott going this way, it's not a trade I'd make, don't want Sandin, and Bergevin has made a point of acquiring a roster player in every trade he's ever made, so it's not likely going to happen.

Seriously though, look around the league;
Hamonic got a first and two second, better package, worst player.
Boychuk got two 2nd and a 3rd, worst package, worst player.
Larsson got freaking Hall, a much better package, a much lesser player.
Shattenkirk got a first, a prospect and a 2nd, worst player, similar package.
Erik Karlsson got a 1st, a 2nd, Tierney, Dimelo, Balcers and Steel. Obviously the much better player and a better package.
McDonagh got a 1st, a 2nd, a downgrade on a top 6 winger, a defensive prospect and an offensive winger. Better player, much better package.

Thats just the going rate for top 4 Ds. Theyre move for a lot, people hang on to them if not.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
If Habs are out of playoffs picture comes TDL, i'd settle for Dermott, Kapanen and Horton for Petry and Hudon

logik47

Sep 14, 2014
I know I'm dreaming, but I'd like to trade for Zach Werenski. A Werenski-Weber pairing could end up with 30 goals...

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

no knock on sandin but saying leafs traded at the draft to draft him is wrong, they actually traded down, wich mean the player they realy wanted at their spot was gone and they felt comfortable picking a couple of player still on board and didn’t have solid preference and wanted the bonus asset!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->