Young D-Men #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuSa_1

Feb 15, 2004
1. Bouwmeester
2. Pitkanen
3. Hamhuis

Now that the list is down to 10 I'll be adding to it. Now the votes for additions count, sorry for any confusion. :blush:

Last edited:

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
CuSa_1 said:
1. Bouwmeester
2. Pitkanen
3. Hamuis

Now that the list is down to 10 I'll be adding to it. Now the votes for additions count, sorry for any confusion. :blush:
Who's Hamuis?...I've heard of Hamhuis, but not this Hamuis character...any relation? :teach:

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
I'd like to see Coburn and Phaneuf on it when you add...I'm going to go with Komisarek for this one.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Mizral said:
Dmitri Kalinin .. hell, I'd have taken him over your top 3 ;)

Yeah, its hard to imagine he isn't even on the list. But Pitkanen and Hamhuis as #2 and #3 :dunno:

Jackman gets my vote though. He should be #1 IMO.

GoRyanMalone

CuSa_1 said:

meaning as you put it, most of the defensemen on this list are on equal footing. If anything, the poll has shown me that it's difficult to gauge the upside of most of these defensemen, other than they all are found to have a significant potential.

This poll is VERY mixed. How is that hard to understand?

GoRyanMalone

Tuggy said:
Yeah, its hard to imagine he isn't even on the list. But Pitkanen and Hamhuis as #2 and #3 :dunno:

Jackman gets my vote though. He should be #1 IMO.

Hamhuis had no business being in the detroit series. Couldn't keep the puck in at the point, coulnd't cover one on one; Lang took him to school at least once. He's very raw, IMHO.

jacketracket*

I didn't vote. My 'homer' vision is saying 'Klesla'---and I don't think he is the best of this group right now---so I'll abstain.

But I think Kalinin should be on the list, and easily could be in the top 3.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
GoRyanMalone said:
Hamhuis had no business being in the detroit series. Couldn't keep the puck in at the point, coulnd't cover one on one; Lang took him to school at least once. He's very raw, IMHO.
Hamhuis had one bad shift in the series. He broke up back to back odd man rushes in game 3 only and turned the last one right around to create a great scoring chance. I was at the game watching it with a Red Wing fan seated next to me and he looked at me and said he wished they had Hamhuis. Yeh he did get schooled by Lang, but so have a lot of players that aren't rookies. Hamhuis was one of our top players in the playoffs.

jacketracket*

Quick question for any Predhead---what is the correct pronounciation of Hamhuis' name?

I've heard it pronounced several different ways.

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
The Stuart on the poll is Brad, right?

He's significantly better than all the guys on this poll yet is lagging in 4th place... :shakehead
Have to agree there. I'm wondering who these people are watching.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Didn't look much better than Leopold if at all in the WCF. And Leo has less NHL experience. Perhaps some people are frustrated that Stuart still hasn't put it all together?

We're not talking about that Mike or Mark Stuart, we're talking about Brad Stuart, who is under 25.

The top three defensemen under 25, IMO
1. JayBo
2. Kalinin
3. Stuart

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Flame_Star_Devil said:
We're not talking about that Mike or Mark Stuart, we're talking about Brad Stuart, who is under 25.

The top three defensemen under 25, IMO
1. JayBo
2. Kalinin
3. Stuart

No Regehr? Seems to me he's one of the top defensemen right now who's under 25. Not sure how anybody would rank Kalinin ahead of him...

As I said, watching the San Jose series against Calgary I just didn't think Stuart was that much of a standout. He may still end up a premier talent but he's still got some development to do if that's going to happen. Sounds to me like you're handing Stuart a spot based on hype and draft position and not what's happened on the ice this year.

At the same age as Stuart, Regehr was picked to play at a high level tournament for Canada while Stuart was not. I think that says something, don't you?

Leopold also managed to crack the US roster for what that's worth at a young age.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad