Value of: Young Center Players/Prospects to the Rangers

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
With respect my friend I disagree . I think Clague has some offensive ability but i compare him to Martinez. He has some upside but isn't /wasn't used on the pp to take advantage of it. I am looking for a lefthanded Slava clone. Someone who can go end to end with a better first pass. Clague will be a elite 3 rd pairing with decent 2nd pairing ability.

I would definetely see Claque as a 2nd pair offensive defender.
But let's get your route. Who would be even remotely available, to trade for?
Do you have someone in mind? There are not to many young defenders out there

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
ain't no rush, and neither Trouba or Kreider going anywhere

draft a C w top 10 pick, and/or wait for a fair priced deal

even before extended absences of Chytil, DeAngleo, Trouba and Panarin,
this was never gonna be a genuine contention season

Reactions: bernmeister

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
Get a grip. KK doesn’t even come close to bringing in Laf and if this trade officially happened you’d be doing backflips
laf has looked out matched all season

koko is playing top 6 CENTRE minutes on a top team,, Laf is also only 1 year younger than Koko and Koko already has 3 years under his belt,, nuff said.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I would definetely see Claque as a 2nd pair offensive defender.
But let's get your route. Who would be even remotely available, to trade for?
Do you have someone in mind? There are not to many young defenders out there
My ideal would be Byram from the avs. I also like Barron on there farm team as well. I get there not available but along thoses lines. However you are right there are not that many defenseman out there that fit my wants. I don't however know every defenseman prospect out there. There has to be someone stuck behind better defenseman needing for more opportunity a bigger role on a team. Again i want a Left handed Slava.

edit maybe Calen Addison from Minnesota might be someone to target. The wild needs center prospects (kurpari or Madden come to mind)

edit 2 looks like Blake agrees with me. According to Dreger Blakes is looking for a under 25 dynamite left shot defenseman.

Last edited:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

koko is playing top 6 CENTRE minutes on a top team,, Laf is also only 1 year younger than Koko and Koko already has 3 years under his belt,, nuff said.
Montreal is 13th in the league in pts % and struggling to stay in a playoff spot... How exactly are they a top team? Just because Montreal doesn't have good Cs doesnt make him a top 6C. Pacing for 9G/37pts in 82 games is not top 6 production. Playing less than 14mins and 3rd on the team in C ice time ain't top 6 numbers.

I dont think you pay much attention

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Montreal is 13th in the league in pts % and struggling to stay in a playoff spot... How exactly are they a top team? Just because Montreal doesn't have good Cs doesnt make him a top 6C. Pacing for 9G/37pts in 82 games is not top 6 production. Playing less than 14mins and 3rd on the team in C ice time ain't top 6 numbers.

I dont think you pay much attention
and just fired their coach. :laugh:

Reactions: nbwingsfan

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Did it ever occur to you that Kakko for a center at his level would make sense? Seriously, if you were offered a Barzal type player you wouldn't pony up two of those young guys? Good thing you're not the GM of the team, you'll be looking forever.
Did it occur to you that the poster was going for a more realistic trade?

The poster was asking for player/prospects that could fill that role.
-If it's a prospect, the value will be less, and NYR will have to bank on that prospect reaching a top 6 potential.
- If it's an NHL ready prospect, the value will be higher, but again, NYR will have to bank on that player being able to fill a top 6 role.
- If it's an NHL player, it's less likely to be a top 20 center being moved. So you're looking for a player to fill a role behind Zibanejad and maybe take some of those harder assignments that Zibanejad gets thrown to every game. The poster is not asking for a legit #1 center. The Islanders aren't trading Barzal to us and teams aren't going to be trading us a Barzal like player.

Reactions: bernmeister

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

I can't believe that fool is only in his first NHL season. What a doofus being born right after the cutoff date and being older than most draft picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad