Value of: Young Center Players/Prospects to the Rangers

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
The one thing we severely lack in our farm system and in the bigs is center depth. We really don't have that young stud at C, who we can pencil in on the top-2 lines. We have a badly struggling Zibanejad, wastes of time in Strome and Howden, and a bunch of unproven, ceiling-capped prospects like Karl Henriksson, Oliver Tarnstrom, etc.

I know the price will be steep, but any of you guys willing to include one of your promising young C in exchange for someone like Kreider, Buchnevich or Trouba? We're not trading our young guys like Laf, Kakko, Fox, K'Andre, Shesterkin, etc. and we're not trading Panarin.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Suggestion... I am not even sure I do it but....
Kotkaniemi for Lafrenière?
Spare a young winger for a young center and get a natural center for Kakko moving forward.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The Rangers using their 1st on a center would bring in a better prospect than Kreider, Trouba or Buchnevich would via trade. That pick is currently 6OA pre-lottery.

Reactions: slg1963

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Do the rangers feel Kupari or Madden can be a top 6 center? If yes The kings need a left defenseman who can be a true number 2 with offensive upside do the rangers have a player like that Is there a deal to be made and before u ask Turcotte Bayfield and Vilardi are all out of play

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
Suggestion... I am not even sure I do it but....
Kotkaniemi for Lafrenière?
Spare a young winger for a young center and get a natural center for Kakko moving forward.
Rangers have to add if were considering trading Koko

Laf has struggled mightily and doesnt hold the value that he had before the season,, Koko is a top 6 centre

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

Laf has struggled mightily and doesnt hold the value that he had before the season,, Koko is a top 6 centre
giphy.gif

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
How young? How promising? Gotta give to get, and you don't want to give for what (I think) you're asking to get.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Do the rangers feel Kupari or Madden can be a top 6 center? If yes The kings need a left defenseman who can be a true number 2 with offensive upside do the rangers have a player like that Is there a deal to be made and before u ask Turcotte Bayfield and Vilardi are all out of play

#2 with offensive upside...Maybe Zac Jones, Libor Hajek or Tarmo Reunanen?

Last edited:

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
The one thing we severely lack in our farm system and in the bigs is center depth. We really don't have that young stud at C, who we can pencil in on the top-2 lines. We have a badly struggling Zibanejad, wastes of time in Strome and Howden, and a bunch of unproven, ceiling-capped prospects like Karl Henriksson, Oliver Tarnstrom, etc.

I know the price will be steep, but any of you guys willing to include one of your promising young C in exchange for someone like Kreider, Buchnevich or Trouba? We're not trading our young guys like Laf, Kakko, Fox, K'Andre, Shesterkin, etc. and we're not trading Panarin.

Chytil? He looked good before injury.

Reactions: bernmeister

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA

Can you please stop with this BS! The Kings don't need any LHD. Their LHD prospect pool is stacked and they have guys looking to get NHL time (Bjornfot & Clague). Bjornfot is their true #2, they just have to give him more time to develop. You don't trade young talented prospects for guys that will block the upcoming youth. They need a better veteran LHD than Maatta to play on the bottom pairing role but not one to give up Madden or Kupari. Let the young kids play first before selling the farm. Blake even said that they are going to stick with the plan, which is to let the kids develop and play.

Reactions: go4hockey

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki

Literally the only person who uses that stupid "nickname" for Kotkaniemi.

Laf>Kotkaniemi easily.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I have begun to read some whispers online of a potential Eichel for Lafreniere trade. There would probably be more pieces involved in this type of trade. Eichel and Lafreniere are simply the primary parts.

That would unprecedented. A team trading a player they drafted #1 overall, not even a full season into the rookie year.

#1 overalls have been traded before, such as Lindros and Berard. But that was due to Lindros and Berard not wanting to play for the teams that drafted them.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Can you please stop with this BS! The Kings don't need any LHD. Their LHD prospect pool is stacked and they have guys looking to get NHL time (Bjornfot & Clague). Bjornfot is their true #2, they just have to give him more time to develop. You don't trade young talented prospects for guys that will block the upcoming youth. They need a better veteran LHD than Maatta to play on the bottom pairing role but not one to give up Madden or Kupari. Let the young kids play first before selling the farm. Blake even said that they are going to stick with the plan, which is to let the kids develop and play.

Wow where to begin here. I guess first off you have the right to your opinion as do I. You can stop trying to internet bully me out of it cause that is what this site is for to discuss different visions of how the team should go.

Next off I don't think Bjornfot has the offensive upside of a proper number 2 defense. He will make a good 3. Drew can not be the only offense from the defense. The Kings don't have a high end defenseman prospect in the organization and I think we need one. If we get one we would just create competition for playing time among the defense. How is that not a good thing. Positions should be earned not given.

If we trade one of Madden / Kupardi we still have one of them plus Turcotte Bayfield Thomas Fagemo Kailev Dolan anderson Not to mention roster players of Kopitar vilardi kempe anderson Guderstrom etv on the roster already that 12 players not mentioning anyone i missed out. The king have plenty of forward depth to trade one if they can get the right high end defenseman. The plan need to include a high end defenseman wheather u want one or not is ur choice don't you dare tell me mine.

@KingsOfCali25 According to Drager Blake is looking for a top end defenseman Insider Trading: Will Canucks make a deal before the deadline? what u got to say now

Last edited:

Ledge And Dairy

Wow where to begin here. I guess first off you have the right to your opinion as do I. You can stop trying to internet bully me out of it cause that is what this site is for to discuss different visions of how the team should go.

Next off I don't think Bjornfot has the offensive upside of a proper number 2 defense. He will make a good 3. Drew can not be the only offense from the defense. The Kings don't have a high end defenseman prospect in the organization and I think we need one. If we get one we would just create competition for playing time among the defense. How is that not a good thing. Positions should be earned not given.

If we trade one of Madden / Kupardi we still have one of them plus Turcotte Bayfield Thomas Fagemo Kailev Dolan anderson Not to mention roster players of Kopitar vilardi kempe anderson Guderstrom etv on the roster already that 12 players not mentioning anyone i missed out. The king have plenty of forward depth to trade one if they can get the right high end defenseman. The plan need to include a high end defenseman wheather u want one or not is ur choice don't you dare tell me mine.
This upcoming draft class has a handful of left defensemen expecting that could all go in the top 15; Hughes, Power, Edvinsson, Chayka, Lambos. Maybe more

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
This upcoming draft class has a handful of left defensemen expecting that could all go in the top 15; Hughes, Power, Edvinsson, Chayka, Lambos. Maybe more

I am looking for a nhl ready player to be honest. Defense takes a while to develop. I would also like to say the kings are in a playoff hunt and if they do make it they will be drafting at least 16 th maybe even higher depending on how well we do. I don't see a top 2 sliding that far down however it is possible i guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->