Young Canadians...the game of our lives. Our Paul Henderson moment.

Mr Lahey*

I wasn't around for 72 or 87, and I do remember the gold in 2002.

Tonight was something different. A patriotic explosion, a swelling of pride. We got to feel the chest inflating sensation, watching our constantly bickering and ever changing nation come together and embrace eachother. Tears, passion and brotherhood.

It was a transforming event which I hope we will strengthen our long distance bonds, and unite us under the Maple Leaf.

This wasn't about doing something for money, or doing something because we have to. We persevered on our national pride alone.

Kids will remember those last few moments and relive them on a million ponds and ice pads across the country for the rest of our lives, much like those before us remember Paully in 72.

TRUE NORTH STRONG AND FREE!

url].

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Sounds like you are experiencing the same thing we did when the World Cup was here in Germany.

That was the greatest time of my life those days and nights.

It's a one in a lifetime thing and you should feel thankful that you are able to experience it.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I think there has been a true shift amongst Canadians and it started the moment that torch was lit. We`ve always been a proud nation. Friendly to our neighbors and helpful to one another. During these games we`ve not only shown our pride but we`ve returned to our friendly roots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad