You want to start a rumor? Report there's no truth to it.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
That makes 0 sense.
From like... 30 perspectives it is ridiculous.

1. He has always maintained finishing out in Russia.
2. Why would anyone come back for 1 more year with this team?
3. Why would we do this if we wanted to rebuild as Holland has said.

This is baseless and I refuse to believe it.

But secretly I want to see a few more dangles.

Reactions: TheMule93

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Wouldnt Detroit have to trade the Coyotes for his rights or something? Or is he considered retired and could come back to any team? Not that he is, I'm just curious more than anything how that would work

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Wouldnt Detroit have to trade the Coyotes for his rights or something? Or is he considered retired and could come back to any team? Not that he is, I'm just curious more than anything how that would work

From my understanding. because he didn't report to the NHL that final year he was not paid as he was technically "suspended" but the team was charged with the cap hit. Once the year was over he became a UFA. Owning a players rights only apply if the player is an RFA.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

Isn't he a free agent? His contract that we traded to Phoenix is up already

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
From like... 30 perspectives it is ridiculous.

1. He has always maintained finishing out in Russia.
2. Why would anyone come back for 1 more year with this team?
3. Why would we do this if we wanted to rebuild as Holland has said.

This is baseless and I refuse to believe it.

But secretly I want to see a few more dangles.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
If I was a cup contender looking for help down the middle, I'd consider him. No question.

I think it all depends on what the cap hit is. My worry about Datsyuk if I'm a contender is his health. I dont think his body can stay healthy throughout an entire NHL season. Now, if he was willing to sign a contract with a low cap hit, why not.

Reactions: Redder Winger

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
AA is a full-blown vegan...

Yeah less tears are being shed when they trade him in June.:laugh:

I really doubt Datsyuk could hold up for an NHL season at this point. If he wants to come back to Detroit fine a lot of people would really like that, through him and Hank together for one last year. But like the rest of you I don't think he is really contemplating this, hey maybe Holland is offering more money than Russia though who knows but I seriously doubt it.

Last edited:

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Come back and sell some tickets for us, help transition this young roster and we'll hang 13 in the rafters. We'll even trade you at the deadline of you want to compete for a Cup one more time.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Datsyuk on Washington would be filthy, but it would hurt seeing him in a different jersey
I'd be sort of okay with it. The value he brings to hockey is immense. The joy of seeing him work on a talented team > the pain of seeing him in another jersey.
I really doubt Datsyuk could hold up for an NHL season at this point.
What about a Mike Fisher type deal. He's at least been playing at a decent level of pro hockey the past couple years.

There are ways to do it if this was more than just a dumb rumor.

Reactions: lidstromiscool
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I don't believe it at all, but if he did come back I'd love it. I would be all aboard watching my favourite player of all time for 1 more year. Just the thought of watching Datsyuk in Detroit again brings a smile to my face, but realistically it's not happening.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
AA is a full-blown vegan...

Yeah less tears are being shed when they trade him in June.:laugh:

I really doubt Datsyuk could hold up for an NHL season at this point. If he wants to come back to Detroit fine a lot of people would really like that, through him and Hank together for one last year. But like the rest of you I don't think he is really contemplating this, hey maybe Holland is offering more money than Russia though who knows but I seriously doubt it.

Say what? Does he have a medical condition that prevents him from eating animal products? And if not, what are the trainers thinking allowing him to be on that kind of diet?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Say what? Does he have a medical condition that prevents him from eating animal products? And if not, what are the trainers thinking allowing him to be on that kind of diet?

The point of the thought and I think it was 28 or so, pretty far down there.

In any event this is becoming a bigger trend league wide I guess. Abdelkader told him about AA while explaining why he doesn't eat red meat anymore. I am a little surprised, but reading Abdelkader's comments was interesting in terms of why he gave it up.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

Why wouldn't the trainers allow him? There's nothing unhealthy about being a vegan diet if that's what you are inferring.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Why wouldn't the trainers allow him? There's nothing unhealthy about being a vegan diet if that's what you are inferring.

Was thinking more about the lower energy level that results from cutting out animal products altogether. Even with supplements it sounds risky enough to be borderline stupid for a pro athlete in a sport such as hockey. As far as the diet itself being unhealthy, consider the fact that it's not recommended for children, pregnant women, and most adults can't survive on it long-term. That should tell you everything you need to know. If you don't believe me, do some research :)

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
The point of the thought and I think it was 28 or so, pretty far down there.

In any event this is becoming a bigger trend league wide I guess. Abdelkader told him about AA while explaining why he doesn't eat red meat anymore. I am a little surprised, but reading Abdelkader's comments was interesting in terms of why he gave it up.

I know a lot of people do it for the same reasons and those have nothing to do with red meat being bad for you, which it isn't. With the money these people make, they can afford to eat the healthiest meat on the planet. And being pro athletes they shouldn't be finding themselves anywhere near fast food in the first place. Dunno, it just sounds really stupid from a dietary standpoint.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad