You turn on 1290, what major Jet's news would you like to be hearing about?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The Jets with the Stanley Cup in sixteen games without letting in a single goal the entire playoffs.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Nic Ehlers, Michael Hutchinson and Buff Traded to Philly for Claude Giroux, Luke Schenn and prospect LHD Samuel Morin.

and or

Andrew Ladd signs for 5 years averaging $6M per year

If I heard that trade on the radio Id be FUMING. Morin is a bust. Let's call it as it is. He is Vladimir Mihalik part 2. Luke Schenn is at best Mark Stuart part 2. So two useless assets for Nik Ehlers a top 5 prospect in the world and Dustin Byfuglien a legit #1 D on top of a decent young goaltender. Giroux is a beast but hes not worth that much, IMO.

Getting Ladd signed at almost any deal (yeah I'd pay 6 per year easily) is by far and away the best option.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
If I heard that trade on the radio Id be FUMING. Morin is a bust. Let's call it as it is. He is Vladimir Mihalik part 2. Luke Schenn is at best Mark Stuart part 2. So two useless assets for Nik Ehlers a top 5 prospect in the world and Dustin Byfuglien a legit #1 D on top of a decent young goaltender. Giroux is a beast but hes not worth that much, IMO.

Getting Ladd signed at almost any deal (yeah I'd pay 6 per year easily) is by far and away the best option.

Says the guy who's always calling out people for overvaluing prospects.:laugh:

Giroux is worth more than that package easily. If Philly had any notion to trade him they'd get a bunch of good NHL players/another star player and futures.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Says the guy who's always calling out people for overvaluing prospects.:laugh:

Giroux is worth more than that package easily. If Philly had any notion to trade him they'd get a bunch of good NHL players/another star player and futures.

Yup, they would but they wouldn't get that package. Ehlers and Buff? No way.

Ehlers is just about to start his career. 6.5 seasons of Giroux are already gone. I expect Ehlers to produce at a similar level. He could fail to meet those expectations but I am not going to trade him away in fear of that.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

Ehlers is just about to start his career. 6.5 seasons of Giroux are already gone. I expect Ehlers to produce at a similar level. He could fail to meet those expectations but I am not going to trade him away in fear of that.

If Byfuglien were signed to a nice cap hit/term maybe. I don't think his actual trade value is anywhere near what most people do here generally, being in the last year of his contract deflates it even more.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Ehlers=Giroux? I've got my homer glasses on too, but geez.....I consider Giroux one of the top 5-10 forwards in the world right now.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I would be excited to hear that we are going to host an outodor game in 2017, though I doubt it will be 2017, given the 150th anniversary of Canada.

Personally I would like to know that we traded Pavelec for Cam Ward (salary retained $1 million). A change in the guard of goaltending, and an endorsement to the team that we are trying to win this year, not 2019.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ehlers=Giroux? I've got my homer glasses on too, but geez.....I consider Giroux one of the top 5-10 forwards in the world right now.

Look at their careers in the Q. As near identical as doesn't matter. Like I said Ehlers may not live up to those expectations but at this point there is no reason to expect less. I'm not sure I would rate Giroux quite that high, maybe I would. I haven't thought of it those terms. I'm not thinking of Ehlers in those terms either but his ceiling is right up there wherever Giroux is.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I would be excited to hear that we are going to host an outodor game in 2017, though I doubt it will be 2017, given the 150th anniversary of Canada.

Personally I would like to know that we traded Pavelec for Cam Ward (salary retained $1 million). A change in the guard of goaltending, and an endorsement to the team that we are trying to win this year, not 2019.

2014-15, another year when Cam Ward was even worse than Pavelec.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
I was on the Pavelec for Ward bandwagon previously but I hopped off after looking at his stats the past few years.

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
Stepniak signed for 2 years at 1.4 mil per. I like that 6 year 5.8 mil for Ladd. All based in Canadian funds of course. :D

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Stepniak signed for 2 years at 1.4 mil per. I like that 6 year 5.8 mil for Ladd. All based in Canadian funds of course. :D

Except under the CBA players are paid in US dollars. But you can always try to sell your buying power keeps growing if you spend your money in Canada.

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
I do remember the days although short, that some professional athletes requested to be paid in CDN funds when we were almost up to $1.10. Oh those were the days.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
At this point I'd settle on hearing any news from Jetland. We will soon be moving into mid August and nothing but crickets. C'mon Chevy let's get something done soon!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad