You promised me that Carl Grundstrom was going to replace Uncle Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
This is so funny and not even close.

Why did many of you talk about this guy as being a "beast", "agitator", "awesome". etc.

This guy might never see an NHL game as far as I'm concerned.

What do you think?

Is he just having a rough stretch?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
it was pretty stupid for people to actually think he'd make the leafs let alone replace komarov. the leafs more often than not take the vets over the young ones.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Kind of have to agree... When i was concerned about Komarov getting moved like 5 people gauranteed that Grundstrom will step in his role next season and be 10x better with more skill

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
He needs to skate like he’s stuck in cement and miss open nets to replace Komarov.

What about Leo last year would anyone want on this team?

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
This is so funny and not even close.

Why did many of you talk about this guy as being a "beast", "agitator", "awesome". etc.

This guy might never see an NHL game as far as I'm concerned.

What do you think?

Is he just having a rough stretch?

So Grundstrom doesn't play like a "beast" or an "agitator"?

Sounds like the Komarov comparisons were spot on.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Part of being a good organization is ditching assets before they start to decline. The only mistake here is the Leafs not selling high on him 2 years earlier, but they needed someone to ice so here we are.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Are you claiming that Komarov in his current state ( a 4th liner on a bad team) couldn't easily be replaced by Grundstrom? A this point I'd put Cracknell and Greening above Uncle Leo in terms of worth. If I was an Islander fan, I'd be saying, hell yeah, give us Grundy!

mammothCacti

Feb 19, 2018
Look at our fringe forwards right now:
Brown, Ennis, Johnsson, Leivo.
No chance we need Komarov, there's like a bunch of guys better than him rn.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Kind of have to agree... When i was concerned about Komarov getting moved like 5 people gauranteed that Grundstrom will step in his role next season and be 10x better with more skill

There’s you problem, you actually worried about komarov getting moved.

Komarov of the last 2 seasons was a shell of the player people actually associate him with. He wasn’t an agitator and his hits went way down, he was a waste of a uniform

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
He's had some big game AHL experience, but there's no need to rush him to the NHL. We look to have players here that can buy him time. No guarantees, but no reason to think he won't pan out just yet.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
There’s you problem, you actually worried about komarov getting moved.

Komarov of the last 2 seasons was a shell of the player people actually associate him with. He wasn’t an agitator and his hits went way down, he was a waste of a uniform

He was a NHL all-star, a fan favorite, played for his national team, and was a key part of the leafs in many seasons.

Grundstrom will never have that kind of career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad