GDT: You play to win the game for Bickell vs. Winnipeg

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
the homegrown series seems to be a good way to get another 1000-2000 fans per promo

any time you can affirm triangle residents in their opinion that they are the best, you can definitely make some money off of it

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Keep winning and they will come.

In the meantime, if you have season tickets consider giving a game or two to a friend or coworker who is a potential fan, or who just wants to go but never gets around to it. My first Hurricanes game was neighbors of my grandparents who were out of town over the holidays, they gave two tickets to me and my grandfather.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Always satisfying to read other boards GDTs after a win, so salty. Apparently the "garbage" officiating was a big factor... like when we should have had a 5v3 after TT got 2 for putting his stick up to protect himself from a 4th crosscheck?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Always satisfying to read other boards GDTs after a win, so salty. Apparently the "garbage" officiating was a big factor... like when we should have had a 5v3 after TT got 2 for putting his stick up to protect himself from a 4th crosscheck?

While I agree and do this all the time, the Montreal GDT was 10x funnier

did you know, that among other things, we are a bottom 5 team in the league?

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Ah man, I bet it was. I usually only have enough to catch up on our GDTs, I need to find more for the others.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Montreal and Pittsburgh are always great reads because their fans act as though an 82-0 schedule is the norm for any respectable NHL squad.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
If you get a chance, you should check out the Montreal PGT thread from our game. They started fighting with each other. Someone would call us a team that will battle Van City for 30th, then someone else would say "They (us) almost made the playoffs last year, and got better, wtf are you talking about?"

It went downhill from there

at least for the most part we can all get along regardless :laugh:

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I think it was Montreal who once called us a 'Mickey Mouse Franchise' after a loss and that the Canes paid the refs so the team could be kept in Raleigh. Or maybe it was New Jersey?

Talk about a spoiled bunch. 14-3-2 record and posts like "This team bores me to death, I will not watch another game!" "Fire Therrin now!" "Bunch of losers this team". 14-3-2 record. They really need to take a deep breath, no team is ever going to finish with a perfect record. The fact that they are still bitter about 2006 is hilarious especially considering they would have been bounced in 5 or 4 by Ottawa or NJ the following round had they won.

I don't get it but to each his/her own.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
"from the innocence of five,
an evil army shall arise,
when the blossoms shower down like rain,
my dark kingdom shall come again,
there is one who can stop me if he would dare,
with the heart of a child, and a mother's care"

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I think it was Montreal who once called us a 'Mickey Mouse Franchise' after a loss and that the Canes paid the refs so the team could be kept in Raleigh. Or maybe it was New Jersey?

i never heard of this ever happening to us

the famous incident of this is that gretzky called the devils that after a 13-4 shellacking by the oilers

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
i never heard of this ever happening to us

the famous incident of this is that gretzky called the devils that after a 13-4 shellacking by the oilers

To clarify it was the Habs posters here on HFBOARDS who said this, not the team itself. This was in reference to what CI said about their fans PGT.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Never understood that term. Mickey Mouse is wildly successful, one of the most recognizable faces in the world. Mickey Mouse has so much money he bought freaking Star Wars, for goodness sake.

If they had said we were like a Go-Bot franchise, or a Crystal Pepsi franchise, well that would make sense for what they were trying to say. Whatevs

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Never understood that term. Mickey Mouse is wildly successful, one of the most recognizable faces in the world. Mickey Mouse has so much money he bought freaking Star Wars, for goodness sake.

If they had said we were like a Go-Bot franchise, or a Crystal Pepsi franchise, well that would make sense for what they were trying to say. Whatevs

Crystal Pepsi is a thing again though

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Well a 5 pm game on a sunday in November when NFL is in full playoff push mode is not a good thing for attendance. Those are crap times and thats two sundays in a row....face it, the NHL hates us.

A built-in excuse for every day of the week!

Monday: man, who wants to come out on a Monday? So tired.
Tuesday: see Monday.
Wednesday: Baptists!
Thursday: ladies night at the local watering holes!
Friday: 7:30 start is sooooo confusing.
Saturday: LOL, are you kidding?
Sunday: foobaw!

It's simple: when the Canes build a consistent winner, they'll pack the house. Not until then.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

Oh, right... if you ever hit it rough with one of your Finnish youngings, or, as it may happen, someone from their Finnish fan contingent, the key to understanding is that Donald Duck totally is where it's at in Finland. No one has time for Mickey, the boring ball-ear.

Donald Duck is the working class hero who works hard for the money in a margarine factory and has a **** of a neighbor. Highly relatable.

Everyone else having some kind of weird fixation to Mickey Mouse as the premier character is everything that's wrong in the world.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Oh, right... if you ever hit it rough with one of your Finnish youngings, or, as it may happen, someone from their Finnish fan contingent, the key to understanding is that Donald Duck totally is where it's at in Finland. No one has time for Mickey, the boring ball-ear.

Donald Duck is the working class hero who works hard for the money in a margarine factory and has a **** of a neighbor. Highly relatable.

Everyone else having some kind of weird fixation to Mickey Mouse as the premier character is everything that's wrong in the world.

Donald Duck doesn't wear pants, like a boss.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
That's where Chandler is wrong, because:

default.jpg

Red and tight, as they should be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->