-Cam Ward playing excellent :yo:
-Win on a Sunday, an achilles heel for this team usually :yo:
-4 game winning streak :yo:

Anything else?

Keep rolling boys, just keep rolling.

Always could use another SO win

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Anything about that hit the Jets might reasonably object to? I thought it looked clean but now that I see the replay, maybe he put a little bit of elbow into it? Still doesn't justify the reaction, they were gooning it up the whole game.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Anything about that hit the Jets might reasonably object to? I thought it looked clean but now that I see the replay, maybe he put a little bit of elbow into it? Still doesn't justify the reaction, they were gooning it up the whole game.

We're not supposed to hit them back.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
A successful homestand is great, but this is going to be a true test of this team's progress.

It would also do a lot to revitalize attendance. If the Canes do well on these road games, the home games are sure to be more lively in the stands.

CalUK

Feb 16, 2015
Scotland
The game was great to watch, the Canes did well overall, and the noise from the crowd was good to hear. Hopefully ppl start coming back to the games, and the team can proper push for the playoffs, they need a playoff season so much right now.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
The game was great to watch, the Canes did well overall, and the noise from the crowd was good to hear. Hopefully ppl start coming back to the games, and the team can proper push for the playoffs, they need a playoff season so much right now.

so much this

i would not even care if we got swept in the first round

but we need to bring playoff hockey back to the triangle

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It would also do a lot to revitalize attendance. If the Canes do well on these road games, the home games are sure to be more lively in the stands.

Only having 2 home games in the next 3 weeks should help demand on its own. If not in raw numbers, at least in butts in the seats.

CalUK

Feb 16, 2015
Scotland
so much this

i would not even care if we got swept in the first round

but we need to bring playoff hockey back to the triangle

I totally agree, the team just need to break this playoff-less run, and I think we can be back in for a few years to come. The team doesn't need a superstar, it just needs a bunch of guys who work very well together. Peters is doing this. Tennyson is working well with Hanifin, and I think Murphy's time is up, Dalhbeck is good enough for no.7 D. If anything from last nights game, an experienced C might be what they need, and Hainsey I think should get an extension. He's a good mentor for the younger D men.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
(actual question)

do you guys really get the feeling that a 4 game win streak will bring people back to the stands?

i was always under the impression that the fans would come back as gradually as they left, given the canes play decent hockey over a longer stretch

if any die-hard fans decided to stay home and watch on tv, maybe now they are convinced to go to a few more games this year

but this hardly calls for any significant bump in attendance... maybe if the win streak reaches 12 and they start getting mentioned on sc or something.

most of you guys know more about the business side than i do though so pls tell me what im missing/why my feel on this is wrong

WhiteTrashAmerican

WHY DID IT END
Nov 14, 2007
Durham, NC
Was there last night, not a good crowd but it seemed like there were still more people there than the last Sunday game. Could be just the promotion they were running, I suppose.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
(actual question)

do you guys really get the feeling that a 4 game win streak will bring people back to the stands?

i was always under the impression that the fans would come back as gradually as they left, given the canes play decent hockey over a longer stretch

if any die-hard fans decided to stay home and watch on tv, maybe now they are convinced to go to a few more games this year

but this hardly calls for any significant bump in attendance... maybe if the win streak reaches 12 and they start getting mentioned on sc or something.

most of you guys know more about the business side than i do though so pls tell me what im missing/why my feel on this is wrong

pretty much my thoughts

it is going to take sustained success to bring people back in large numbers consistently. at least the team has been exciting to watch more often than not this season, win or lose.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
(actual question)

I don't think a 4 game winning streak will have a big impact on attendance, unless they back it up with a strong performance with 10 of the next 12 on the road. Like you said, fans left gradually and will likely come back gradually as well. Right now, after this 4 game winning streak, the team is 17th in the NHL looking at Points / Game played but the margin among teams is slim so they need to continue to build on what they've done.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Honestly don't know whats more impressive:
#1 PK team in NHL
Or
#11 PP team in NHL

I can count the number of times the Canes finished in the top half of the NHL on PP over the years on one hand.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
the PK has been outstanding. winning streak in large part due to the play of ward and the excellent work the PK has done shutting down some really strong PP units

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Honestly don't know whats more impressive:
#1 PK team in NHL
Or
#11 PP team in NHL

I can count the number of times the Canes finished in the top half of the NHL on PP over the years on one hand.

They were #1 or #2 in PK for much of last year, only losing ground after the deadline moves and losing Faulk to injury. RE: PP, it was 07/08 when they had a similarly rated PP.

05/06: 16th
06/07: 26th
07/08: 12th
08/09: 18th
09/10: 23rd
10/11: 25th
11/12: 20th
12/13: 29th
13/14: 28th
14/15: 15th
15/16: 24th

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
IIRC, December is a terrible month for attendance, so I wouldn't look for much improvement before January.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Attendance is both a micro and macro issue. On a micro level, casual fans that went to a game during the homestand were entertained and are more likely to come back. This improves attendance and builds on itself. On a macro level, a casual fan is generally more likely to go see a winning, entertaining team in the first place. Buzz gets generated and regional interest improves which drives crowds. A few wins in a row won't turn any tides in this regard, but it is a start.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Was there last night, not a good crowd but it seemed like there were still more people there than the last Sunday game. Could be just the promotion they were running, I suppose.

Well a 5 pm game on a sunday in November when NFL is in full playoff push mode is not a good thing for attendance. Those are crap times and thats two sundays in a row....face it, the NHL hates us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad