You need a defensemen at the draft! who is your pick?

Duff88

May 7, 2002
dont compare blum to markov that is disrespecting blum

If that was the case, I'm pretty sure Blum would be slated as a surefire top 3 pick. I understand that you see Blum often, but with the way you are talking I don't think you see Markov as much.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
If you want a defenseman, trade for a young one.

There are a few prospects in this draft, but most will be a few years out. Alzner might have a shot at playing soon I guess. Maybe a few others. But no sure things.

AgentNaslund*

Jonathan Blum, not only that, I want the Canucks to draft Jonathan Blum regardless of us needing more younger fowards.

btw, Vanccouver Giants list him as 6'1 170 pounds.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Between John blum,Nick Petrecki,Kevin Shattenkirk,Tommy cross and ryan mcdonagh? Who is your pick and why?

Top 3

Petrecki - highest potential, biggest bust potential too. Just my type :) If anyone can drive some brains into him, he could be huge

Shattenkirk - when your last name is an joining of those two, I mean seriously, come on... Also, he's a really good d-man despite his 5-11 size.

Cross - Biggest diamond in the rough potential,

US Dev D-kids can be hard to read and tend to fall, like Petry did last year. Although Petrecki won't just because of his awesome physical skillset.

OilNAmerica

Sep 27, 2006
Top 3

Petrecki - highest potential, biggest bust potential too. Just my type :) If anyone can drive some brains into him, he could be huge

Shattenkirk - when your last name is an joining of those two, I mean seriously, come on... Also, he's a really good d-man despite his 5-11 size.

US Dev D-kids can be hard to read and tend to fall, like Petry did last year. Although Petrecki won't just because of his awesome physical skillset.

I disagree with the falling comment in regards to Petry. He was playing high school hockey in Michigan approx. 7 months before the draft. The first CSS ranking had him at 76, then he moved up to 36, and then was selected at #45. While it appears he fell, I believe his case was different because he had not been on the radar until just months before the draft. Whereas many of these other kid had been scouted since they were 14. Just a thought.

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
its true i do hate markov only because he was in my hockey pool and he got me no where, i though he would be like kaberle when he set up McCabe and markov would set up Souray. Anyways I love that someone said he was like a taller Kris Russel, cant go wrong with being compared with a Russel.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well--the Blackhawks won't be taking a D-man in round one---but depending on what players are remaining on the board in early round #2 when the Hawks select again,i could possibly see them taking a D-man in that spot...considering most of the top rated NA d-men will be gone by then<i would look to some good euro D-men candidates for that early round #2 pick:

MAXIM GONCHAROV intrigues me...size 6'3 190 supposedly tough and nasty --cSS had him #13 euroskaer at mid-term--but I also notice he is on the main CSKA roster
now --so he's been playing against men in the RSL --that is quite advanced then...
Only issues of the transfer agreement (of course affects all Russian picks) and the fact he plays with CSKA (are there Army service issues that jeopardize the 2 yr NHL signing window?) could lower his draft slot where selected...

HARRI ILVONEN Tappara Jrs. --another BIG guy at 6'3 and 196 rated #17 euroskater
by CSS at mid-term...

JENS HELLGREN Frolunda Jrs --6'3 183 Frolunda Jrs..,CSS had him ranked #25euroskater..

These are 3 D-men I'd be looking at as second rounders ...

habsfan#1

Mar 20, 2007
Top 3

it's my choice too:yo: :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad