NHL Entry Draft: You may mock my May Mock (2018)

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
1. :sabres ― Rasmus Dahlin, D

2. :canes ― Andrei Svechnikov, RW

3. :habs ― Jesperi Kotkaniemi, C

4. :sens ― Filip Zadina, W

5. :coyotes ― Oliver Wahlstrom, F

6. :wings ― Evan Bouchard, D

7. :nucks ― Brady Tkachuk, F

8. :hawks ― Quinn Hughes, D

9. :rangers ― Joel Farabee, LW

10. :edmonton ― Noah Dobson, D

11. :isles ― Adam Boqvist, D

12. :isles ― Ty Smith, D

13. :stars ― Barrett Hayton, C

14. :flyers ― Dominik Bokk, RW

15. :panthers ― Vitali Kravtsov, RW

16. :avs ― Rasmus Kupari, F

17. :devils ― Ryan Merkley, D

18. :cbj ― Joe Veleno, C

19. :flyers ― Serron Noel, RW

20. :kings2 ― Bode Wilde, D

21. :sharks ― Mattias Samuelsson, D

22. :sens ― Isac Lundestrom, C

23. :ducks ― Akil Thomas, C

24. :wild ― K'Andre Miller, D

25. :leafs ― Jonatan Berggren, F

26. :rangers ― Martin Kaut, RW

27. :hawks ― Rasmus Sandin, D

28. :rangers ― Calen Addison, D

29. :blues ― Grigori Denisenko, W

30. :caps ― Alexander Alexeyev, D

31. :wings ― Jacob Olofsson, C

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I know Habs need centers but i don't see Kotkaniemi being good enough to climb to 3OA. If Habs decide to go and fill a need, they will go with Hughes instead.

Reactions: uncleben

johum7

Nov 8, 2017
Freddy
Canucks will take a dman

Would much prefer Kravtsov + Berggren/Kaut for the Flyers and 14 and 19

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I’m pretty high on Kotkaniemi, but passing on Zadina would be a huge mistake. Next year is a draft full of talented centers, so MTL should just Zadina or even one of the talented defenders in the draft. (Dobson, Hughes, Boqvist, or Bouchard)

Reactions: uncleben

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
As an Islander fan, I love it.....I'd be shocked if it fell this way but hopefully you are a soothsayer and know more than all the pundits

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
You are a valued member of this forum and I would never think of mocking you or your post.

This is the nicest thing anyone has said to me since October 2014

I know Habs need centers but i don't see Kotkaniemi being good enough to climb to 3OA. If Habs decide to go and fill a need, they will go with Hughes instead.

I’m pretty high on Kotkaniemi, but passing on Zadina would be a huge mistake. Next year is a draft full of talented centers, so MTL should just Zadina or even one of the talented defenders in the draft. (Dobson, Hughes, Boqvist, or Bouchard)

My uninformed opinion is that Bergevin can't have much time left before he finds himself on the hot seat. He might not be around for the 2019 draft and he hasn't been able to fill the holes at C through trade and free agency yet, so this draft is the only place left. Sure he could try again on July 1st, 2018, but there's no guarantee that a big name center signs with them.

Canucks will take a dman

Would much prefer Kravtsov + Berggren/Kaut for the Flyers and 14 and 19

Benning (and the Canucks front office) is a wild card. I think Tkachuk checks too many boxes for the people in control of the organization for them to pass on him.

Yea for the Flyers it's all personal preference. I think we both agree that they are likely to draft 2 forwards if they keep those picks though

As an Islander fan, I love it.....I'd be shocked if it fell this way but hopefully you are a soothsayer and know more than all the pundits

As a Rangers fan I hope it doesn't fall this way. Unfortunately I think the Islanders are in an amazing position to get 2 great players if they keep those picks.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Drafting Kotkaniemi at 3 would be a huge mistake. I love Jesperi's game, but you always take BPA, which is easily Zadina. Bergevin is on the hot seat even more if he passes up Zadina

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
As a Hab fan, I'd be more than ok with Kotkaniemi at three.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It would be classic Sharks to take a low-upside low-risk defensive defenseman. I’d be mad as hell if the Sharks took him over Kaut or even Miller, but it’s exactly what they’ll do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad