You know the team isn't going to sell guys

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Meh. Wishfull thinking.
They don't have a 3rd and /or 4th line center who can win a defensive zone draw if his life was depending on it and right now it doesn't look like Couts is making any progress in this department.
They are also lacking a scoring winger with a shoot first approach and a solid backup goalie.

So all they need is a faceoff guy and a backup goalie and a #1. That is wishful thinking? That is really only one super significant hole. Sure, I know the other two are important, but every team has holes. I don't mention the winger because that's silly and to get one is usually too costly. There are enough wingers that can score and will score more as they grow on this team. You don't need a sniper, per se.

Also: Matt Read.

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
The core is far too young to rebuild. If they can get any return for Briere they should do it, just to get Couturior on a better line, Otherwise, there is no sense in rebuilding or selling. Some of our D need to do a better job of moving the puck through the Blue line. But that doesn't solve all the giveaways this team makes either. Holm knows he needs to find some mobility on the D side, they dont need to be great, just better than what the Flyers have now.

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
Anyone think Briere to the Pens for one of their D prospects would work?

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
What coburn is .... A reliable top 5 mobile big defense man that is physically capable of handling any player. and playing upwards of 25 minutes plus.

What coburn isn't.... a number 1 dman that can play on the pp and score 30-40 pts a season.

For 4.5 million i cant find too many guys that can do what coburn does. If you look at him in the true sense of being a nubmer 1 he isnt. But he is still a valuable player.

Getting rid of him would be silly.

Thank you. Coburn stays no matter what. I think he's a reliable top 2 dman on most teams, top 3 on the rest. Huge, fast and has character and experience. Yeah, let's trade THAT.... The mind boggles.

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
I personally promise that if this happened Briere would score 30 goals in any Flyers / Penguins playoff series.

Maybe, but the Pens are desperate for wing help even before Malkin got injured. Could tell Briere to accept the trade or be bought out.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Briere would never get traded to the Penguins. We would accept less in return for him before we increase the Pens chances at a cup. Come on people...

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
Since it's the Penguins I'd want Pouliot + 1st.

And they would say no. Briere only has a year or two of good hockey left. Playing with an offense first, finesse team like Pittsburgh could give him life. Who cares how good Briere plays once he is traded. The Flyers have more important issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->