You know the team isn't going to sell guys

Codith

Aug 31, 2010
You really think Snider is going to let the team get blown up ? ****ing doubt it. Odds are he has a gun to homers head to trade our first and our prospects for some project player or on the brink of retirement.

Grim future

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Meh, there really isn't many people to sell on this team. Most of the dead weight has no trade value (Fedo, Knuble, Foster). The only player we could sell without ****ing the future would be Briere, outside that, everyone is too young and it's way too early to give up on. One player I really want to trade for though, is Bernier. I know Bryz needs a break and is being played way too much, but he has still given up a lot of softies and his contract is really terrifying to eat the next decade.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
If this team is bad enough(which they are looking like they are) they will sell players. Just not players who are part of the core. Coots, Schenn, Schenn, Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Hartnell are here to stay.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Just make the dead weight avaiable (talbot, feds, knuble, briere), and take whatever we can get for them. then bring some young guys up

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
When you run he numbers, we are getting close to being out without a wicked run. And nothing about this team or Lavy's decisions leads me to believe that's possible. Knuble dressing let alone out with minute to play tells me he has lost it.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
When you run he numbers, we are getting close to being out without a wicked run. And nothing about this team or Lavy's decisions leads me to believe that's possible. Knuble dressing let alone out with minute to play tells me he has lost it.

When Knuble played those few games over Mcginn is when I knew Lavy had to go. Im not saying McGinn is a great player, but he came in and did his job. He wasn't a liability defensively and actually produced some offense

flyingsouth

Jun 29, 2011
Sydney
When Knuble played those few games over Mcginn is when I knew Lavy had to go. Im not saying McGinn is a great player, but he came in and did his job. He wasn't a liability defensively and actually produced some offense

McGinn's a nifty little grinder. Knuble has fallen and he can't get up.

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
You really think Snider is going to let the team get blown up ? ****ing doubt it. Odds are he has a gun to homers head to trade our first and our prospects for some project player or on the brink of retirement.

Grim future

I could see Snider canning Homer and Lav for starters he won't sit back and watch this **** much longer..

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
There really isn't anyone to sell outside of Briere if things get really bad. Giroux, Schenns, Couturier, Voracek, Simmonds, Hartnell, Read, Grossman, and Coburn are all key pieces moving forward. Guys like Knuble, Fedotenko, Gervais, and Talbot all have very little value in a trade and/or are on one year deals. Gus, McGinn, Rinaldo, and Mez will all return much less in a trade than they are worth or could be worth going forward. All that leaves is Kimmo and Briere, and they're not going to move Kimmo after giving him that extension.

CyborgLindros

Mar 29, 2012
....has nobody noticed we're tied for the 8th? ..........and the season it's even half over...............and the kings just won it all.......as an 8.

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
What's all the talbot hate? He's not a goal scorer and his defense has been solid. We can't expect him to score 19 goals a season. That was an anomaly. And his line mates on most nights aren't very good players. He's had Knuble, Fedotenko, and Rinaldo all on different occasions. He is an important piece on this team.

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
There really isn't anyone to sell outside of Briere if things get really bad. Giroux, Schenns, Couturier, Voracek, Simmonds, Hartnell, Read, Grossman, and Coburn are all key pieces moving forward. Guys like Knuble, Fedotenko, Gervais, and Talbot all have very little value in a trade and/or are on one year deals. Gus, McGinn, Rinaldo, and Mez will all return much less in a trade than they are worth or could be worth going forward. All that leaves is Kimmo and Briere, and they're not going to move Kimmo after giving him that extension.

Kimmo could be shopped his ext that has a NMC or NTC doesn't kick in till next year.

CyborgLindros

Mar 29, 2012
Ya but we wont be there for long if we dont win.

The team isn't bad. It's inconsistent, and has had injuries. We've got a very young team so I see no reason to go on a sell plan. Briere would get us nothing in return (Gagne type trade) and the rest of the pieces mentioned don't net us much either. Play a wait and see game. If things keep going the way they are look at firing Lavy (even if it would be the wrong move) and let someone try audition for the job.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
....has nobody noticed we're tied for the 8th? ..........and the season it's even half over...............and the kings just won it all.......as an 8.

Tied for 8th, but with 3 more games played. There's several teams below the flyers who are in better shape % wise. Just looking at the raw points # doesn't tell the full story.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Yeah, without a solid win streak this team won't secure a berth. There's too many team with games in hand...if any of them go on a run and we don't, that's it.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Yeah, without a solid win streak this team won't secure a berth. There's too many team with games in hand...if any of them go on a run and we don't, that's it.

whats worse is this team is completely stuck in the mud making no ground.

we keep hearing the same ******** after every loss, "we need 60mins, blah blah blah"...

from the very beginning of the season till now the team is making no progress or even signs of making progress towards a consistent team, which is what wins cups.

the only thing this team is building towards is front row seats at the local pub for viewing the first round of the PO's.

:shakehead

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

i thought Testwuide was playing for McGinn. Knuble was already in the lineup with McGinn. They called up Testwuide and he played over McGinn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->