GDT: You have been visited by an ghost of first round pick - 2018 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
BTW Mods I'd like to make an official appeal to make this the GDT for the draft. I thought about starting one myself and Steazy beat me to the punch

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I'll have to get rekt for this draft since we have no good picks. Good picks in the draft are more valuable then trying to win I think.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Anyone think we could grab McIsaac with our second round pick this year? Or that will even be available around then?

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
He was a projected top 10 at the beginning of the year I believe. I'd say he'd probably be gone by our pick though.

He's recently fallen in the rankings further down. Around 26-31 is where he lies. Doubt he comes down that low, stranger things have happened. Would like to move up to grab him but that is a big reach.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Balut Shafigullin, Blake McLaughlin, Sean Durzi, Allen McShane, Alexis Gravel. Get any of those names and it should be an ok draft.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
No first round picks for us as of now so I guess I'll celebrate the Finnish (or Nordic or whatever) Get-drunk-as-f***-feast rather than watch the draft.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I wish I could say I was happy that Dahlin will be in our division but Buffalo really needs a franchise D. Funny story about the Canes and Svechnikov. Last summer when I was ordering Wi-fi/cable installment the guy I was on the phone with told me he was a diehard Canes fan when I mentioned I was hoping for Fox Sports Sun/NBCSN etc and mentioned "Gotta have my hockey" we went on a great chat about Dahlin and Svechnikov and he was all "Man I wish we could get someone like that" oh what little did we know....

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I wish I could say I was happy that Dahlin will be in our division but Buffalo really needs a franchise D. Funny story about the Canes and Svechnikov. Last summer when I was ordering Wi-fi/cable installment the guy I was on the phone with told me he was a diehard Canes fan when I mentioned I was hoping for Fox Sports Sun/NBCSN etc and mentioned "Gotta have my hockey" we went on a great chat about Dahlin and Svechnikov and he was all "Man I wish we could get someone like that" oh what little did we know....
You fool. It wasn't a guy, it was a program designed to read your brain activity through the phone and become something relatable to you, in this case a fan of hockey. Had it chosen to become a Lightning fan, it may have been too obvious. You've been duped into buying cable my friend. Next time you'll know though.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
You fool. It wasn't a guy, it was a program designed to read your brain activity through the phone and become something relatable to you, in this case a fan of hockey. Had it chosen to become a Lightning fan, it may have been too obvious. You've been duped into buying cable my friend. Next time you'll know though.
It was just the "This is Lenny" tape on loop.

Reactions: Steazy Doo

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Per Smith:

Yzerman on making a deal: "I can't predict. We've had a lot of conversations this week. Something may or may not happen, I can't tell you. Honestly it happens quickly and you have to make a decision quickly."

That's the least vague I've ever seen him when talking about a trade (still pretty vague). Usually he talks about how tough it is to make a good trade. I'd bet something's in the works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->