You have been given full control of the Winnipeg Jets: GO!

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
From my phone so nothing in depth as of yet, but:

-No one under 25 should be moved. I can understand moving one of the "big names" but you have to be smart about which one. Bogosian should not be moved. Enstrom cannot be moved either, neither can Little. Depth wise, those two would be too much to lose too quick. That leaves Buff. I would prefer not to move him, but if a big name got moved, it would be him. Ladd has the C and Wheeler is too streaky to get great value from in a trade. He's had slow starts before and then been top 3 in scoring. Not too worried about him yet.

Completely re-do the PP. The PK is finally working pretty well, but they've abandoned that umbrella style that worked well in the pre-season for the same old.

I understand the sentiment about Pavelec, but there's a reason Al Montoya has been deemed expendable after being a 1st round pick. He's not good enough for more than a standard backup role.

One caveat: I would trade any of those listed under my no-trade list if it meant getting a #1 centre.

Daddy Longlegs

Aug 6, 2012
I'd fire Noel also. (He always looks like someone stuffed his lips through a Cheerio.). Would love to have Trotz or Tippett, but unlikely at this point. I'd call Hawerchuk in Barrie and offer him the job.

I'd trade Byfuglien and scheifele for Matt Duchene.

Greet Matt Duchene at the airport. (Offer to carry his bags for him)

Call Evander Kane and ask what he'd like his new number to be.

That's it. That's all that needs to be tweaked in order to bring home Lord Stanley.

Last edited:

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
First, I'd fire Noel and his staff. Replace him with either Mike Sullivan or Jacques Martin or former Jet, Randy Cunneyworth - a good coach, who got a terrible deal with the Habs.

Then, I'd wait to see whether this lacklustre group, got it together under a new coaching staff, who will make them accountable.

If this group doesn't turn it around, I'd look at moving Seto + a prospect to Florida for Versteeg. Versteeg would slide into the 2nd line with good pal, Andrew Ladd. We have to pay a bit more for Versteeg, so bit of a cap hit.

I would also pursue ROR once his 1yr trade sanction is up, allowing Scheifele to get some seasoning in the AHL. Scheifele would be back next year, replacing Olli. If Scheifele isn't ready, maybe Lowry is. To get ROR, I would give up Enstrom, and ask him to waive his NMC. There may be other pieces but they would be the principles in the trade.

I'd only move Olli and Stu at the trade deadline - for picks or prospects - if we were out of the playoff mix.

So changes are...

Add: New coaching staff, Versteeg, ROR

Delete: current coaching staff, Seto, prospect, Enstrom.

Kane-ROR-Wheeler
Ladd-Little-Versteeg
Hali-Olli-Frolik
Wright-Slater-Peluso
Tanger, Thorbs

Bogo-Troubs
Clitsome-Buff
Stu-Postma
Pardy

Pavs
Monty

I think that line-up gets us closer. But the key would be a coaching staff that demands strong, consistent play. And adding a guy like ROR, who brings it every shift, is a big piece of the puzzle.

Edit: Toby is the core guy I'd try to move, as we have Morrissey in the wings. To get a guy like ROR, I'd do it. Same with Seto for Versteeg. Florida is looking to move salary, and Seto is cheaper option to Versteeg. And as a UFA, Florida isn't stuck with him long-term.

Last edited:

Ruston*

Go after Giguere. Just a rental. Would be an upgrade on Pavelec, and certainly more consistent. Would definitely change the attitude/culture of the lockeroom. Proven playoff beast. Apparently still has it. Wouldn't cost much, by way of assets.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
First order of business would be to ban any Montreal Canadiens or Toronto Maple Leafs gear being worn at the MTS Centre. Irks me to no end.

Then I would hire Garrett on a full time basis to advise Coach Noel. I do believe that there are a few HFJets members that possess keen insights to the game at a NHL level, Garrett being the most obvious one to me. Perhaps a dose of Garrett's stats might change up how the coaching staff utilizes players.

I wouldn't move any players until close to the deadline, and the only move I would consider would be to trade Byfuglien for a combination of players and a 1st round pick or two. I do believe Buff's value is quite high, and there are teams who would be willing to part with many pieces to build around him. The Philadelphia Flyers say hello.

Come the off season, if the Jets haven't progressed past last year, and/or not made the playoffs, I would reluctantly fire Noel. If you were to honestly review his credentials, without an emotional context, the guy has the goods. He won a Calder Cup, has developed youngsters and has coached in the NHL. I don't think he was a bad hire, TBH. If it doesn't work out, well, coaches are hired to be fired.

If Noel is to be replaced, I would consider Chris Pronger for the position. He has a very keen insight to the game, made every team that he played for better (and every team he left worse off by his absence), and played with a passion unmatched by almost any other player. I think he's prime coaching material. Failing that, I would look to Guy Boucher or Guy Carbonneau as other candidates.

I wouldn't resign Jokinen, and would waive Thorburn and Wright. Pavelec would be a buyout, and replaced by Jonas Hiller, with Montoya given every opportunity to earn the #1 position.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Great thread, I'm in!!!! And optimistic! We need a rebuild and immediately. The faster the reboot, the faster to Stanley. My 10 steps.

1. Fire Noel and his coaching staff ASAP. He never had the ability to motivate or coach this team. He's not a rookie coach anymore and he's been a detriment to the development of this team.

2. Hire Guy Carbonneau as head coach to ensure each player has a role. The team would have defencemen play defence and forwards play forward. All the nonsense would be over - no more of this rushing Dman garbage. It would be D first.

3. Hire Mike Keane as assistant head coach grooming him to take over in the offseason when I would then promote Guy Carbonneau to President of hockey operations and GM. Chevy would be fired. Chipman would be told he's an owner and would not make any more hockey related decisions. The Atlanta thrasher scouting staff would stay in place.

4. Kane is our only superstar and gets the C. He would be captain of this team with Ladd and Bogosian given the A's.

5. Yes. You're seeing this correctly. I would place Wright, Cormier, Jokinen, Byfuglien, Enstrom and Pavelec on waivers immediately with the hope that they would be taken and we would be given salary cap relief. Their contracts make them less likely to be traded. Peluso would take Wright's spot. Redmond and Postma could easily replace the two lackluster "forwards/defencemen" and I would bring up Pasquale to compete with Montoya.

6. The forward lines would look as follows:
Ladd-Scheifele-Kane
Tangradi-Little-Wheeler
Setoguchi-Slater-Peluso
Thorburn-O'Dell-Klingberg

7. The D lines would be:
Bogosian-Postma
Redmond-Clitsome (until Trouba comes back)
Stuart-Pardy (with Sol prepared to play in the pressbox)

8. The fire sale would begin. No young players under the age of 25 would be traded - veterans first.

9. Should the losers who I put on waivers not get taken, I would buyout the top two salaries before the end of the fiscal year.

10. The draft and develop strategy would begin with veterans with high salaries expendable with the exception of our superstar Kane and emerging studs Scheifele, Morrissey and Trouba being untouchable. Everyone else is trade bait. I'd have no problems moving Ladd for a first and second rounder. I'd have no problem moving Wheeler, Little, Setoguchi, etc for draft picks. We need to draft and develop. This is a losing hockey team (since 2005) - I'm not sure what TNSE expected with a rookie GM and a rookie coach.

This would be a good start,

I tried not commenting on this but ultimately couldn't stop myself. There is too much wrong to comment on every point, but putting Enstrom and Buff on waivers? I understand trying to trade them since they both would bring in a considerable return, but to give away 2 guys that are both considered top 30 d-man and have probably been our 2 best players so far this season:help:

At least we would get the top pick over the next few seasons. Of course I'd have to pay $100 per game to watch a team that would barely be competitive in the A.

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
1) I'd give Noel until xmas (pardon the pun)..... I'm not convinced he's a bad coach but am starting to lean towards the fact that the players don't have much respect for him. Not enough passion IMO. Just look at Colorado..... except for NM and Tanguay..... pretty much the same team as last year. Getting great goaltending!!! Roy has already put his stamp on that team and it shows.

2) Keep Bogo ; Enstrom, Buff & Trouba. Add Morrisey to that list in the next couple years. This being said.... I'd trade Buff for someone like Voracek in a heartbeat. Wouldn't want to trade him to a WC team unless the return was really stellar.

3) Tell Wheeler the smarten the **** up. When he's on.... he is a beast on the ice but right now he just looks lost. Nagging injury we don't know about??? I've seen many chances for him to hit opposing d-men but he always lets up. Always.

4) Give Montoya more starts. He handles the puck way better than Pavs and has better rebound control. He's played 8 games for us and has 2 shut outs. He gets the start against the Devils and posts a shut-out...... his reward??? Back to the bench.

On a good note..... Petan is averaging just over 2PPG for the Winterhawks and was named player of the week. Currently 2nd in WHL scoring.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
I'm surprised that so many posters here would bring back Burmistrov.

You've been given the keys to the organization and one of your first moves is to beg a guy who averaged 0.22 points per game last year to come back to your organization? After he walked out on you? Why, because he has a good CORSI? Because he's "tearing up the KHL" with worse production than Nigel Dawes?

My first move would be to ship Pavelec out. Look at moving him++ to Toronto for Reimer. If not, explore all goaltending options, while creating a goalie controversy by playing Montoya until he proves he can't.

Everyone wants to fire Noel, but that fact remains that with league average goaltending, this team makes the playoffs easily with "Mr. Can't Coach, Lead or Motivate". In fact, we almost did, despite having some of the worst goaltending in the league.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I think if anyone thinks there are easy answers to improving this team, and that they have those answers are really fooling themselves.

The first problem is that we as fans do not know what has been going on behind the scenes for not only the first 9 games of the season, but for the pre-season, the 2012-2013 season, etc. So we're really shooting in the dark with "guesses" as to who are the problem pieces of the roster because while watching all the games is great, to formulate a truly informative answer, we would need all the facts.

That being said, here are a couple of my high level "guesses":

1) Against the grain of HF - Do not fire Noel. Reason? While it may be easier to fire 1 coach over 23 players, I would rather not make decisions because they are easy. Maybe Noel will need to go at some point, but 9 games in? And who do we get to replace him? There isn't anyone in the org that can step in and take over the "interim" tag. If we're going to go in a new coaching direction, wait until the offseason and do a proper search and interview process.
Plus, let's pretend that the issue with the Jets right now is really the effort level from the players. Sure it's on the coach to get the best out of his team, but at the professional level, it's really a lot on the players. So if the problem is really player effort and intensity (something Noel is publicly asking his players for more of), and the org decides to fire Noel, what does that say to the players? The players weren't working hard enough, the coach asked them for more, they don't respond, so the coach gets fired? Ya, that will sure scare the players into playing harder. Now if it's an X's and O's thing, that's different, but this isn't Noel's first rodeo. He's been around some of the best in the business (Hichcock, Trotz, etc), and they all say Noel is a great coach (I know they are not really going to publicly insult him, but they also don't have to give him glowing reviews either which I have heard).

2) Identify who the guys are that are not giving 100% effort every-night: Easier said than done for sure. I am hoping that if I was in this role for the last 3 years, that I would have a pretty good idea who the guys are that bring it every night. On the ice from my fan perspective, the only guy I can really say that about is Kane. Ladd was pretty good in this regard last year, but hasn't had a good start this year. Frolik looks to be a pretty consistent performer, but other than that, I don't know if any other forwards really bring it night in and night out. Little and Wheeler are extremely streaky it seems, and Seto as well. Not sure if the bottom 5 is really the problem right now (not that we couldn't improve there though).

3) Move guys from #2 that are not giving it 100% every game. Not looking to move these guys for nothing, but these would be the "culture" guys I would move. Even if those guys are identified to be Little and or Wheeler. Trading Little would be a bad move position wise and we would then be laughably bad down the middle, but maybe we would have to do that to get better in the long term?

4) In a general sense, try to create a more accountable system within the team - I'm not sure how these things are run behind the scenes (I don't think anyone here does), but I'm referring to practice, film review, evaluations, etc. Maybe start using some of the advanced stats stuff and plastering all that info on the locker room walls. Make the guys who are not performing have to see that info in front of everyone. Start trying to track some hustle / team play type stats. I don't know how you would do this, but some sort of system that tracks and identifies which guys are doing everything they can and leaving it all out there to win. I also don't know how the team does video sessions. Do they just have the video guy edit a whole bunch of selected clips for review? Time permitting I would want these guys to sit down as a team and watch these games from start to finish. Pause the game every-time there is something to discuss, and make players explain and be accountable for lack of effort situations. Want to float? you better be able to stand up in front of the team the next day and explain what you were doing on that play.

5) Keep trying to instill the "Team", "Family" culture: While trying to instill the accountable system, I wouldn't want to go to far and have anarchy and finger pointing within the locker room. To win we're still going to need guys to go to war for each other, and that isn't going to happen without a good team culture. I think TNSE does do work in this area, I just wanted to add it because I don't want to lose it by also focusing on the accountability aspect.

Those are some things off the top of my head from a high level managerial perspective. As I mentioned, it is tough to know which guys to move without knowing what is going on behind the scenes.

For a purely fun exercise though, here are some "guesses":

Agree with Bob E (and others) that we are going to need a #1C. We most likely won't get that "franchise" 1C, but we need something. Unfortunately, a team in the Avs that "might" move a C, would really want a guy like Enstrom. So if we move Enstrom, we need to then find another first pair LHD.

We could move Buff if the org decides that Buff is not a core piece going forward. The Flyers and Rangers seem like places that could offer nice pieces back.

I would look to improve the goaltending situation. The Ducks have goalie depth, I would inquire about a guy like Anderson. See what it would take to get a guy like Hiller or Halak as a UFA in the off season. Maybe inquire about Reimer as well in the offseason.

UFA players I would target would be Orpik, Klesla, Nikitin, Emelin (need a LHD if we move Enstrom), Stastny, Steen.

Last edited:

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
1. I would allow coach Noel another 30 games to try and wright the ship.....never gets old.

2.If we are sub .500 for this season then I would kindly be asking him to step down and move on with his career.

3. I would place Huddy as the interm coach while I conducted thorough and progressive interviews for a suitable replacement. Interviewees would included peter laviolette, Willie Desjardins, Guy Carbonneau, Mark Reeds, Jacques Martin, Brad Shaw and Jamie Kompon.

All would be interviewed to the max and time would be made to make the best decision, no point in diving in head first. Would like to see Kompon get the opportuntiy but guess it would all depend on how each interviewees in regards to their commitment, passion, attitude and what they can bring to the table.

4. Keep some of our top six whom are locked in to long contracts or up and coming: Kane, Scheif, Wheeler, Little, and Ladd

5. By the time I pick a coach we may be below .500. If so then players such as Jokinen, Thorburn, Stuart and Seti will be moved for prospects or pick returns.

6. A)Move either Buff or Enstrom for a second line center that has the ability to become a first line center. Thus having a back up if Scheif does not step up his game or if he does then it provides us the option of moving little during the draft. Centers I would target would be : Tyler Ennis, Brayden Schenn, cant think of any others and dont have time to research lol.

B) Or persue players in the off season such as C Paul Stastny, Radim Vrbata or Ryan Callahan (if they do not resign with their current teams..which they probably will) Emelin ...... Stolen from Huffers list

C) Good bye Wright and Cormier and Hello Ryan Reaves (if not resigned). Also resign Frolik and Monty.

No clue what the end result or lineup would be or look like as I cannot predict the future as to whether my mindless model would work....but this is a type of model I would shoot for. Try to build a bit more depth by trying point six: A and or B.........or mixing the two together. Cut some dead weight for the team and try to aquire a few more prospects and draft picks.

Good times, that was fun!

Last edited:

Jbo90

Oct 22, 2013
Trade clitty or postma for Liles, trade wheeler or enstrom for a top 2 C

In perfect world

Clitty for Liles trade off similar salaries we might need to add a draft pick

Wheeler wright probably need to add a 4th rounder for Jeff Carter
Similar long term salaries is what makes me think it's somewhat possible

So with those trades I'd imagine cap wise it'd be very close to coming out even

Then we keep enstrom until deadline if we are out we open up cap space and snatch in all likelihood a 3rd and 5th round picks

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Because i've decided that i have completely blacked on noel

1: Fire Noel. I like the look of this roster, i'll fire Noel and hire one of the other aformentioned coaches, whichever i feel is the best fit/mix for this team. I'd like lavioletta but i feel he won't be a long term guy.

2: don't touch the skaters. once a new coach is in I will wait and see how it plays out. Does our team "appear" to be doing better, following a system that makes sense, and being all around better?

3: I'd call Burmi. Don't know the rules on bringing him in mid season, but if he was gone cus of Noel and could wrangle his way out of his KHL contract I'd welcome him back with open arms.

4: Make 1 trade. A trade for an under goalie who could be/is a starter. Payment obviously varies on the goalie in question. Notables: Reimer/bernier, lack, lindback/bishop, fasth/hiller.

Pieces available for said trade, picks, including a 1st[probably not this year], prospects (including lowry/others with value), 1 forward(any but kane and schief).

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Burmi would be asking for like 4.5+ million a year. I wouldn't dish that out even based on good KHL numbers.

that's speculation. In my pretend land he's looking for 2-3 a season and i'll give him that for 1-2 years.

Obviously i wouldn't give him whatever he wants. But if a reasonable contract is available then yes, i'd give it.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I'd fire Noel also. (He always looks like someone stuffed his lips through a Cheerio.). Would love to have Trotz or Tippett, but unlikely at this point. I'd call Hawerchuk in Barrie and offer him the job.

I'd trade Byfuglien and scheifele for Matt Duchene.

Greet Matt Duchene at the airport. (Offer to carry his bags for him)

Call Evander Kane and ask what he'd like his new number to be.

That's it. That's all that needs to be tweaked in order to bring home Lord Stanley.

These reasons are why this idea is terrible. You wouldn't have to add a blue chip prospect to Buff to get Duchene...and there is no way you would piss you off you're current superstar to appease a new one.

Also...

What is with you and Duchene? He's just not that good. I'd be more interested in O'Reilly.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Whoa....lets all take a deep breath. This team sucks and everyone should have realized that years ago. The first thing this team needs to do is make a wholesale change with the coaching staff and see how the team responds.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
These reasons are why this idea is terrible. You wouldn't have to add a blue chip prospect to Buff to get Duchene...and there is no way you would piss you off you're current superstar to appease a new one.

Also...

What is with you and Duchene? He's just not that good. I'd be more interested in O'Reilly.

leave his pretend time alone!

I'd be down with buff being the main piece to get douchene. I don't htink i'd give up schief but i'd add a 1st if necessary (conditional on where we finish)

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
The team has average talent and has performed at an average level. Firing Noel won't change the talent level. What player on the roster now is going to get smarter or a better work ethic with Noel gone? Who is that magic coach out there that all of the other franchises who changed coaches over the last two years have ignored and is just sitting there waiting for a call.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg

I feel anywhere in that range or upwards is what you offer proven NHL players, and not necessarily proven KHL players, because I feel it's a different game.

Plus I would prefer to avoid having someone in my employ, who we've had 'bad mojo' with, and I personally feel wouldn't be emotionally engaged with the team.

I feel he'd be asking 4.5 million a year to compete with his KHL salary. I'm not willing to take a gamble of that amount, hoping his production would translate to an NHL game. And I have doubts about his emotional commitment to the location/team. Other factors, like language barriers, and that we'd have to displace other centers (who I currently value more) to justify his pay.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
The team has average talent and has performed at an average level. Firing Noel won't change the talent level. What player on the roster now is going to get smarter or a better work ethic with Noel gone? Who is that magic coach out there that all of the other franchises who changed coaches over the last two years have ignored and is just sitting there waiting for a call.

I believe that there is enough talent there to be competitive at least. To me it is our defensive system, or lack of it that is hurting us. Approx a week ago, Claude stated that our system is just like every other system and that it wasn't the problem. Then within hours the media sheep and board posters were saying the exact same thing. However, when you watch good teams you may notice that the forwards are getting in the passing and progress lanes preventing movement through the neutral zone. This is not simple as it involves lots of homework and lots of attention to detail. Who is their quarterback? What are their preferred breakouts? Who do we have with the skill set to stop particular guys? Defense is a game of inches and half/seconds and we are always just a bit late and a bit out of position. On top that, we have D out of position at least 10 times a game. There is a ton of work to be done with this group and I personally don't believe Claude has the answers.

Tintin's Ghost

May 28, 2007
Saskatoon
1. First move is to use newfound power from job title to "influence" TSN Jets to crank up the mics they use on the MTS crowd. With the way the team is playing right now there is little point to have pbp coverage of lethargic players fumbling around in an ineffective system. Much rather have the MTS crowd be heard and if they start to boo the home team, will so be it. Would only ask TSNJets to turn crowd mic down for Engblom and Orlesky. Lawless & Order segment in the intermission would not be affected.

2. Take the Jets out to local outdoor rink for a game of shinny in Winnipeg. Mandatory participation. Want to build accountability? I suggest immersion in the environment you play for is a very good start. This is not done b/c players don't want to play in Winnipeg. That myth was busted this off-season rather handily. This is done b/c as players playing in arguably the most passionate hockey market in the league they should "live" the city and understand the opportunity they have.

3. Identify who I want to turn this team over to in the dressing room. Obviously Ladd. But Kane is emerging as a vocal positive influence. You want your studs to drive this team so seek to develop leaders among Kane, Bogo. that may be it for now. Trouba and Schiefele (well, mostly Trouba) will step into this type of leader role for dressing room when he is ready.

4. Meet with Pavs and tell him to curtail his criticism of teammates in post-game pressers. Don't want him Ryan Miler himself and become a cancer. Also, Pavs needs to focus on his own damn play for the time being. Identify which up and coming goalie can be our immediate #2 and maybe challenge Pavs. I have one more off-season where I can still buy out two contracts. Looking at you, Ondrej. Time to step up.

5. Meet with Noel and tell him I need to see improvements by the quarter-mark (20-25 games into the season). Encourage him to see the benefits of playing a system where goals are scored by us, we are not winning the grinding games. Won't dismiss Noel until after Christmas because Chipman wants him to come to the Xmas party. Given Noel's propensity for fireside chats, I would not be opposed to this as these are the situations where I think Noel can really strive...corporate function. Actively source available coaches who are admittedly only "stop-gaps" until the off-season when the big dogs are free to meet.

6. Hire a guy like Paul LaPodesta (google this genius) who can build an internal system to measure Sabremetrics on players and give Jets org'n better insight into what we type of players are needed.

7. Start sourcing HFBoards to get guys on here to do "free" work for me IE. analyze opposition tendencies from watching games live or on TV. Submit the research to Jets to add to our library. Eventually someone will build a career for themselves. Yes, try to lure guy like garret9 to do this work as way to "build his resume" and get the free work from him. If you don't think this works now it's because I told you the intentions behind it (more research acquired for no cost). Pretty sure if Chevy or Chipman reached to HFJets tomorrow morning, there would be crap loads of excitement.

8. Set up a contest where any interested fan can donate at least 4 cans to FoodBank. They get voucher. Voucher gets them entered into a draw. Draw is done by Evander Kane and personally calls them up on his "money phone" to congratulate and they free tix to a game or nice Jets merch (not eh cheap swag giveaways) or whatever floats their boat. This continues the TNSE tradition of corporate responsibility practiced at all levels of the organization.

9. Call it a day.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Burmi would be asking for like 4.5+ million a year. I wouldn't dish that out even based on good KHL numbers.

It would be virtually impossible for Burmi to demand $4.5MM+ per year based on his production. Mason Raymond has double Burmi's point production and could only get a tryout with the Leafs. Once he made the team, they gave him $1MM dollars. There are plenty of defensive specialists, who have better production than Burmistrov that get paid WAAAAY less than $4.5M

As for his KHL numbers, there are Winnipegers in the KHL right now (Nigel Dawes, Dustin Boyd) who have the same numbers and would likely play for the Jets for minimum contracts. Same for Tim Stapleton.

Unfortunately for Burmistrov, Hainsey, Wellwood and any other advanced stats superstars with terrible production is that GMs in the league almost universally dismiss advanced stats during contract negotiations. Allan Walsh, one of the biggest player agents in the game, confirmed this the other day. He said the large majority of GMs don't put value in advanced stats because the quality of the data set is terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->