Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
mz23x1b17zx11.jpg

Meme thread

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
While I generally prefer Hellmann's to Duke's, this is correct. Note Miracle Whip doesn't even pretend to be a mayonnaise on its label. It's "Dressing" because it can't legally be called mayo.

A local supermarket sells "vegan mayo" for like $8/jar. Right next to that on the shelf is their own cheap brand mayo which is double the size and costs like $2/jar - and contains no animal ingredients at all. Still some people seem to be stupid enough to pay 8 times higher price for fake mayo than...fake mayo.

I've thought about launching a product series of vegan spaghetti. Maybe vegan broccoli too.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
A local supermarket sells "vegan mayo" for like $8/jar. Right next to that on the shelf is their own cheap brand mayo which is double the size and costs like $2/jar - and contains no animal ingredients at all. Still some people seem to be stupid enough to pay 8 times higher price for fake mayo than...fake mayo.

I've thought about launching a product series of vegan spaghetti. Maybe vegan broccoli too.

You might want to double check that store brand - if it has eggs or any sort of egg product in it, it's not vegan. Vegan mayos have to use other ingredients (soy milk or tofu from the recipes I've seen) in place of eggs.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
You might want to double check that store brand - if it has eggs or any sort of egg product in it, it's not vegan. Vegan mayos have to use other ingredients (soy milk or tofu from the recipes I've seen) in place of eggs.

I know very well what "vegan" means (I used to date one ffs), and I definitely know that cheapo brand "mayo" did not have a trace of eggs or anything animal-related. It's even listed on several Finnish vegan websites.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

I work in a restaurant. One time we had a case of lettuce come in. On the side it said in big, bold letters:

GLUTEN FREE

I wanted to slap aho

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I know very well what "vegan" means (I used to date one ffs), and I definitely know that cheapo brand "mayo" did not have a trace of eggs or anything animal-related. It's even listed on several Finnish vegan websites.

Aaah I forgot you were Finnish and was assuming from the American standpoint where the USDA requires that anything labeled as mayonnaise has eggs n it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->