You can be proud, Jackets fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
You can be proud, your boys never gave up, and they damn near forced game 7 against Crosby & Malkin.

The Columbus Blue Jackets took big steps forward in terms of credibility these playoffs and I'm sure in the not too distant future, you guys will win your first series.

First playoffs, first playoff win, first playoff series win, looks like healthy natural progression!

I believe in hockey in Ohio and I'm sure you guys will be a good hockey market for years to come!

A Habs fan

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I'll second this.

IMO the most exciting series of theplayoffs. Detroit was out I was cheering for you guys. You've got quite the future ahead of you with the young guys on your team.

I do have to say though.. that Wisniewski is possibly the worst D I have ever seen. Everytime I found myself asking "who the hell was that?" it was Wiz (and not for good reasons).The guy is a turnover machine.

jgibbs32*

Apr 9, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
agree, from a pens fan...went to a columbus-pens game earlier in the year at nationwide and i gotta say that the blue jackets fans are incredibly passionate about their team. really great to see, youll have a hell of a team to cheer for in the next couple years

misha1976

Mar 2, 2012
Delhi, India
You can be proud, your boys never gave up, and they damn near forced game 7 against Crosby & Malkin.

The Columbus Blue Jackets took big steps forward in terms of credibility these playoffs and I'm sure in the not too distant future, you guys will win your first series.

First playoffs, first playoff win, first playoff series win, looks like healthy natural progression!

I believe in hockey in Ohio and I'm sure you guys will be a good hockey market for years to come!

A Habs fan

Yeah. This Sens fan says the same. Unbelievable. Your team was really hardworking. More compelling for me was the fan enthusiasm. Unbelievable. You guys made the Bell Centre look subdued. Standing? What is this, the premier league? You guys gained a secondary fan here.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
As I said on the main board and your board....Congrats indeed. Terrific fans. Great team to watch play. You would have deserved to beat those Pens. We will have to deal with a stronger Jackets team in no time....and then we might dislike you a little more....;)

But until then....congratulations to the team and its fans. :handclap:

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Sorry Jackets, I feel bad. Ottawa fan here. I echo the above sentiments however. Your team battled hard right to the end. Nothing to be ashamed of. You guys had Pittsburgh on the ropes in the late very stages, so close to forcing a game seven, could have went either way. Good job, let's raise a glass to Columbus!!! :handclap:

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland

A Habs fan

Ditto.
I like the heart on your team and I think you guys are in good hands with your management. You also appear to be an awesome fanbase. You are now one of my two favorite American based teams.
Also Habs fan.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
At least we have a designated thread for all the pity and sympathy now.

Thanks, all, though.

Canucks5551

Jun 1, 2005
At least we have a designated thread for all the pity and sympathy now.

Thanks, all, though.

I don't think it's pity and sympathy. I can't speak for everyone, but I was entertained as hell by your team and was impressed by their showing as a big underdog. Fantastic series.

misha1976

Mar 2, 2012
Delhi, India
I don't think it's pity and sympathy. I can't speak for everyone, but I was entertained as hell by your team and was impressed by their showing as a big underdog. Fantastic series.

Me too. As someone who has not ever watched a CBJ game before, after accidentally catching game 2, I started making time for the series. I even started yelling.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Really enjoyed watching your team. Both your team and fanbase have a lot of passion for this great game. Sure wished your team could have knocked the Pens off , I'm sure not having Horton in the lineup didn't help. Anyway thanks for some great playoff hockey........ a friend from Beantown ;)

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
As Red Wings fan, I was really pulling for you guys to beat Pittsburgh and go far, you guys are going in the right direction for sure. To see your crowd finally have something to cheer for is really awesome to see.

Rekin

Feb 23, 2014
Warszawa
The team was definitely quite impressive for much of the series, but as for the fan base I must say it's the big reason that still makes it hard to feel too much sympathy for Columbus. Where were all those people during the regular season? Only in Phoenix and Dallas are there as many empty seats. Please come again.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The team was definitely quite impressive for much of the series, but as for the fan base I must say it's the big reason that still makes it hard to feel too much sympathy for Columbus. Where were all those people during the regular season? Only in Phoenix and Dallas are there as many empty seats. Please come again.

And not one **** given. Do you even know the history of losing in Columbus? Try seeing a loser year in and year out for most of 14 years for an expansion franchise, losing star players including 'Mr.Columbus' Rick Nash due to a trade demand. You know nothing, beat it.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Columbus fans, you used to have a fan from eastern Europe-mvk something I think who used to sometimes post on the Sens board too as she was a big Filatov fan. I haven't seen her around for awhile and I would have expected her to be posting a lot on this playoff run.
Does anyone know what happened to her and why after being a fan all these years she disappeared just as the jackets had some success.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
To all of the fans of other teams posting here: Thanks for your heartfelt comments. It means alot to a fan of a team that has garnered no respect in 13 previous years.

To the CBJ fanbase: Excellent job at the Arena, in the bars around Columbus, and all over town. You represented the team with absolute class and honor, and cheered all the way to the end. We are here now; we deserve to be here, and we are here to stay. The best is yet to come.

C-B-J! I want to hear that chant so much more now!

Go Jackets!!!

Signed, A Jackets fan for life ;)

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
:dunce::dunce::banghead::dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->