Prospect Info: You Call It: Who Does Detroit Pick?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I would be mad TBH.

Not sure how I'd feel about Andersson.

I don't think he isn't skilled or anything. Maybe the skating is a concern. He just seems like a Red Wings kind of pick to me. 200 foot player. Wears a letter. NHL bloodlines. Good work ethic.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Not sure how I'd feel about Andersson.

I don't think he isn't skilled or anything. Maybe the skating is a concern. He just seems like a Red Wings kind of pick to me. 200 foot player. Wears a letter. NHL bloodlines. Good work ethic.

Oh, god. When you put it like that, he totally seems like he'd be the Red Wings choice.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
My guess is Holland takes a North American Center that is big, or he'll take a longshot on someone who isn't expected to be available (due to contract) for a couple years, but has huge upside, where teams are reluctant to wait for a player of that caliber because they need to deal with getting someone on the roster in 1-3 years.

My guess is someone like Mittlestadt, Pettersen, or Rasmussen

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
If he's available, I want Pettersson. We need upside and he's got it.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
Is there an option for trading our pick(s) for a 1st round pick in next year's draft, i.e. Vegas' 2018 1st round pick? Maybe trade Green at the draft for another 1st rounder in 2018? We picked a heckuva bad year to suck ***.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Other - I assume we'll take Tippett or Tolvanen. Or worse, trade down to lose a contract and then take like, Ratcliffe.

I hope I'm pleasantly surprised and it ends up being Glass or whichever of the Necas/Pettersson/Mittlestadt group is available. Or we get really lucky and someone unexpected tumbles.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I see us making a deal with Vegas somehow

9 plus for 13 and 15
While I wouldn't automatically want that, I'd definitely chat with Vegas, and have it in my back pocket, depending on how 1-8 shakes out, and what Vegas is asking for as the 'plus'.

I mean, in TSN's final mock, Valimaki is still there at 13, and Suzuki, Andersson, Vesalainen, Tolvanen, Yamamoto, and Brannstrom are all still there at 15. At a minimum, it's worth consideration.

But honestly, with how obvious Vegas is making it that they want as many picks as possible... I'm guessing that the player available at 9 who would make them want to do that trade, is likely somebody Detroit would prefer to just draft, instead of trading out of.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Pettersson. That's assuming that Vilardi, Glass, and Middlestadt are off the board (which I would expect).

Then they need to feed that kid cheeseburgers and milkshakes, while having him eat and sleep in the weight room.

Just PLEASE don't trade down if there's a decent center still on the board...

Totally agree. So much depends on who else is taken prior to our pick, but I expect the aforementioned, Hischier, Patrick, Makar, Hieskanen (spelling!) and Liljegren to be the others taken 1-8.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I mean, in TSN's final mock, Valimaki is still there at 13, and Suzuki, Andersson, Vesalainen, Tolvanen, Yamamoto, and Brannstrom are all still there at 15. At a minimum, it's worth consideration.

Sure sounds like trading a potential quarter for a couple of dimes, to me. I mean, yeah, obviously you have no idea how any of these guys are going to turn out, but is it worth passing on Necas/Pettersson, just to add another 5'9" long shot? Or yet another B-winger? Maybe it is, but if you think any of the guys (available at 9) are capable of playing 1/2C, I don't think this team is in position to pass on that for the kind of stuff that seems likely to be available 4-6 picks later.

I'm also not sure why LV, a team that just needs a prospect pool period, would take that kind of deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad