YOU BLEW IT! Teams blowing 2-0, 3-1 or 3-0 series leads

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I remember the Montreal-Boston series in 2004. The Bruins were the better team and dictated the play those last three games. But Jose Theodore briefly reverted to his form from 2002 (stopping 97 of 100 shots) and Andrew Raycroft demonstrated the type of goalie he'd soon become.

That was the year Joe Thornton played with cracked or fractured ribs and was held scoreless. Nobody said much when the Bruins were up 3-1, but he faced intense criticism after the series.

I seem to remember Darren Langdon of all people kicking a goal in in Game 6, which was reviewed but counted. That was the point where it felt that some way, somehow Boston was going to let Montreal stick the knife in them once again. Two nights later my suspicions were confirmed.

chrispw1

Dec 5, 2015
The Blackhawks in recent years had a few near comebacks to game seven overtime in 2011 they came from 0-3 against Vancouver and Sharp missed an open net in overtime and on 2014 going down 3-1 to the Kings and losing overtime game seven on a bad deflection

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad