You are now GM.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Don't know where you're getting 2M+ for Kindl and Smith, they're RFA's and IIRC a 40% salary increase is all that's needed, which for them will be near the 1.25M range.

Yeah i cant understand why Wing fans give both Smith and Kindl big raises like you said only 40% raise for them both would be $1,250,000 each is all they will get.

CloneHakanPlease*

I don't know why people are after Michael Ryder, he has a reputation around the league for being half-assed and other than that is little more than a smaller, slightly better version of Samuelsson.

Remember when Sammy scored 4 30 goal seasons, and was a ppg this year? Yeah, me neither.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Trade Howard.
Trade Franzen.
Trade Datsyuk if he doesn't plan on staying in Detroit.
Keep Z
Get rid of Sammy, CC, Bert, Quincey, Eaves and Miller.
Bring up as many NHL ready prospects as possible.
Ask Babcock if he feels like he wants to stick around for a rebuild and is capable of molding the roster into a cup contender.

Burn Ken Holland in effigy at center ice.

Team will probably suck big time, but this current core isn't going to accomplish anything.

Bruise Bros 2426

Jul 17, 2011
-Re-sign Brendan Smith
-Re-sign Jakub Kindl
-Re-sign Drew Miller
-Let Valtteri Filppula walk
-Let Dan Cleary walk
-Let Ian White walk
-Sign a power forward for the top 6 (Clowe/Clarkson)
-Buyout Todd Bertuzzi
-Buyout Mikael Samuelsson
-Trade Carlo Colaiacovo
-Bring up Tomas Tatar
-Trade Patrick Eaves to Washington for John Erskine
-Get Tobias Enstrom here somehow
-Sign Brenden Morrow
-Sign Stephen Weiss
-Sign Eric Nystrom

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Tatar
Horton-Weiss-Clarkson
Abdelkader-Helm-Morrow
Miller-Nystrom-Tootoo
-Andersson

Kronwall-Enstrom
Ericsson-Kindl
Smith-Quincey
Erskine/Dekeyser

Griff21

Mar 26, 2011
Up Front:
-Sign Filp, then Trade: Him,Mursak, Sheahan, McCullum, & trade to Co for Stastny

-Buyout- Bert & Sammy

Franzen-Zee-Dats
Gus-Stastny-Nathan Horton(UFA)
Tatar-Helm-Brunner
Tootoo-Anderson-Abby
Emmerton/Eves

D-man
-Trade: Smith & 2nd Round for Yandle

Kroner-Yandle
Kindl-Danny D
Quincey-Ericsson
Lash/Colo

Goal

Howie
Monster

Last edited:

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Up Front:
-Sign Filp, then Trade: Him,Mursak, Sheahan, McCullum, & trade to Co for Stastny

-Buyout- Bert & Sammy

Franzen-Zee-Dats
Gus-Stastny-Nathan Horton(UFA)
Tatar-Helm-Brunner
Tootoo-Anderson-Abby
Emmerton/Eves

D-man
-Trade: Smith & 2nd Round for Yandle

Kroner-Yandle
Kindl-Danny D
Quincey-Ericsson
Lash/Colo

What else are you adding to get Yandle? That barely starts the convo.

cupforwings09

Mar 30, 2010
Michigan
Trade Howard.
Trade Franzen.
Trade Datsyuk if he doesn't plan on staying in Detroit.
Keep Z
Get rid of Sammy, CC, Bert, Quincey, Eaves and Miller.
Bring up as many NHL ready prospects as possible.
Ask Babcock if he feels like he wants to stick around for a rebuild and is capable of molding the roster into a cup contender.

Burn Ken Holland in effigy at center ice.

Team will probably suck big time, but this current core isn't going to accomplish anything.

Lol, step away from the ledge...

Franzen-Datsyuk-Stalberg
Filpula-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi
Nyquist-Helm-Bruner
Andersson-Abdelkadar-Tootoo

Kronwall-Dekeyser
Kindl-Yandl
Ericsson-Smith/Quincey
Colo
Lashoff

Howie
Gustavsson

Buy out: Sammi

Griff21

Mar 26, 2011
What else are you adding to get Yandle? That barely starts the convo.

I think that is Fare value for Yandle. Smith will turn into Yandle in 2/3 years and they get a 2nd round pick and take $$$$ off from their cap, which they need to do.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think that is Fare value for Yandle. Smith will turn into Yandle in 2/3 years and they get a 2nd round pick and take $$$$ off from their cap, which they need to do.

The problem is that isn't what the Coyotes think is fair value, not to mention if they are moving Yandle it is to make room for their loaded d-core they are looking forward. Likely target Jarnkrok, which is as we all know a non-starter. My guess is the Coyotes package their 1st and Rundblad to move up to the Oilers selection.

CloneHakanPlease*

Statsny is an option I hadn't given much thought into. Does anyone watch Colorado games to know the reason for his decline in production? Nagging injury, moved down the depth chart, ect? I remember when he first burst on the scene he was looking like a potential 90 point guy.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Statsny is an option I hadn't given much thought into. Does anyone watch Colorado games to know the reason for his decline in production? Nagging injury, moved down the depth chart, ect? I remember when he first burst on the scene he was looking like a potential 90 point guy.

He's not that guy everybody wanted him to be. He was only over a PPG 1 season. He's a steady 60ish point center and that's about it. Same category as the Derek Roy's of the world.

Which is fine, but when you set yourself up for such big expectations all anybody talks about is your "decline." He hasn't declined, he's just been playing to his usual level for years now. He's a good, smart player though. I'd welcome him on the Wings. Like Roy, you can't rely on him to do the heavy lifting, so he slots in perfectly as a #2 or truly terrific #3.

CloneHakanPlease*

He's not that guy everybody wanted him to be. He was only over a PPG 1 season. He's a steady 60ish point center and that's about it. Same category as the Derek Roy's of the world.

Which is fine, but when you set yourself up for such big expectations all anybody talks about is your "decline." He hasn't declined, he's just been playing to his usual level for years now. He's a good, smart player though. I'd welcome him on the Wings. Like Roy, you can't rely on him to do the heavy lifting, so he slots in perfectly as a #2 or truly terrific #3.

While he was only technically over a ppg one season, he also had 79 in 81 and 78 in 82, so I consider that close enough, and enough to show he at least at one time had that type of potential. Obviously the talent around him has decreased but that is still a huge drop. I wonder if he could be had cheap due to his contract.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
I wonder if he could be had cheap due to his contract.

It could help, especially with younger/cheaper top 6 centers in Duchene and R'OR.

I think a team like Toronto would be ready to sell the farm for a center like Stastny, which would probably make us an unlikely destination.

Griff21

Mar 26, 2011
The problem is that isn't what the Coyotes think is fair value, not to mention if they are moving Yandle it is to make room for their loaded d-core they are looking forward. Likely target Jarnkrok, which is as we all know a non-starter. My guess is the Coyotes package their 1st and Rundblad to move up to the Oilers selection.

When did you become part of the Yotes staff???? None of us know what they are thinking, we are all guessing, you included. We both have opinions and which is great but, it is only our opinion. As far as Jarnkrok, have you seen him play? I have seen him play 4 games in GR and he waaaay away from the NHL, maybe 2-3 at best. He struggled with the smaller rink and the size of the boys.:)

Griff21

Mar 26, 2011
Agreed, I think the talent around him as decreased. The team as a whole has not been good for most of the year and with him still being young and trying to be a leader on the team it makes it worse.
If he were to come to Detroit, he can just be a player and play his game which I think is much better than Filp's game. The Wings are changing style to a more tight checking game and less scoring and to me, he fits that style better than Filp.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
When did you become part of the Yotes staff???? None of us know what they are thinking, we are all guessing, you included. We both have opinions and which is great but, it is only our opinion. As far as Jarnkrok, have you seen him play? I have seen him play 4 games in GR and he waaaay away from the NHL, maybe 2-3 at best. He struggled with the smaller rink and the size of the boys.:)

The Yotes have turned down some significant offers on Yandle, so the price is high.

On Jarnkrok I have seen quite a bit of him. He was dangerous in Grand Rapids and now understands a little better what he needs to do to get better this summer for this type of hockey. He isn't two or three years off, he will be fine, he has a talent level that came through when I watched him play for the Griffins in the middle of one of their biggest struggle periods of the year. He might stay there a year, what he does this summer will tell a lot of that story. Keep in mind he is penciled in to the World Championship team over some high profile guys released over to North America.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If I was GM one of the first things I would do is ask Ilitch if we can hire Gary Roberts for around 1.5 million as our strength and conditioning guy. Heck I might give him more and tell him to train our guys year round. He would cost a decent amount because I am sure Stamkos and the like pay him well over the summer. But I am not impressed with all the injuries and I think this is a problem. Can Roberts be had? I don't know the answer to that but a lot of green and us not being far from his Ontario base might be interesting. Imagine him putting all the Wings through off-season steps and him being with our prospects for the summer camps.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
If I was GM one of the first things I would do is ask Ilitch if we can hire Gary Roberts for around 1.5 million as our strength and conditioning guy. Heck I might give him more and tell him to train our guys year round. He would cost a decent amount because I am sure Stamkos and the like pay him well over the summer. But I am not impressed with all the injuries and I think this is a problem. Can Roberts be had? I don't know the answer to that but a lot of green and us not being far from his Ontario base might be interesting. Imagine him putting all the Wings through off-season steps and him being with our prospects for the summer camps.

Costs ~20k to train with him over a summer, probably would want more than $1.5M to leave the GTA/ his comfort zone.

Would be awesome if we ponied up for him though, I think the results would be quite noticeable.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Costs ~20k to train with him over a summer, probably would want more than $1.5M to leave the GTA/ his comfort zone.

Would be awesome if we ponied up for him though, I think the results would be quite noticeable.

Curious is it against the CBA for teams to pay for this, I am assuming it would be?

That is why I said it might be higher than 1.5. I guess I would like him not to train other players if he was on our staff, but even 1 million to be a special consultant and do the camps and come in from time to time during the season would be big. We get preferential treatment and blocked time our Prospect camp he is there, September camp. He could still probably work with a few other players, maybe not grow clients. Would be hard to work out but I would absolutely explore this.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Found this funny.

"I still really like our team,"

"I'm not using it as an excuse, but it's a fact we've had a lot of injuries

"You don't know what the cap is going to be two years out. Whether we need to do anything this summer or now, we'll talk about it."

"We have a good group of young players here and older guys who do a good job of our team,"

"That's the difficult part. You sort of get attached to your group. We'll go through the process when our season ends. We'll talk with the coaches, come up with the game plan and move forward."

Guess who this is? The hyper aggressive non-playoff bound Paul Holmgren. Behind the paywall at ESPN. But he sounds an awful lot like Holland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad