GDT: yotes v rags

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
Yandle was completely out of position on the OT goal! THe guy not only had a horrible game tonight , but he has become a complete liability to this team. Tyson Nash needs to get over his love affair with #3 and recognize that his defensive skills are AHL material. Too Bad, the Smith injury looks like a strained MCL, not terrible news but will likely keep him out the remainder of the season!

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
I'd rather miss the playoffs than have this team sneak in and get steamrolled in the first round. I miss having a guy out there that went out and set the tone (Raffi Torres)

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
What a ******** gongshow. And now we could lose our best player for the remainder for the season.

This team needs a heart transplant in the worst way possible. Too many passengers. And as big of a Yandle defender as I am, he needs to get his head out of his ***.

Yawn

Jul 19, 2011
Spencer Mansion
If Yandle is such a defensive liability, the Flyers will take him off your hands. I watch almost all Yotes games as well as Flyers games, and I don't think you guys know what the true definition of defensive liability is until you realize that Brayden Coburn is by far your best defenseman.

As for Smith, this is just terrible. He's the tires rolling the Coyotes car to the playoffs, and now this happens. Sucks for me too, I was really looking forward to seeing him play in Columbus in a couple of weeks.

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
I think he was mentioned once. As was Erat, but only because he got injured.

Away from the puck he could be the worst player in the league, completely and utterly invisible! The only time he appears to contribute is on the PP, that GMDM is a bad investment for $22MM, and to think we have to watch him for four years? I don`t think so!

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I am not a fan of Riberio, but he has had ****ing David Moss as his triggerman and none of our other centers have been moved around the line up as much

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Away from the puck he could be the worst player in the league, completely and utterly invisible! The only time he appears to contribute is on the PP, that GMDM is a bad investment for $22MM, and to think we have to watch him for four years? I don`t think so!

All things considered, Ribs has performed at expectations. It's not exactly his fault he has to line up with David ******* Moss and has a revolving door of wingers who are more or less hot mess potatoes when it comes to shooting the puck.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Didn't catch this one but the statline doesn't lie: +1 for OEL, -3 for Yandle and Morris.

Yandle is a serious liability. The last 3 or 4 loses had him contributing... to the other team.

And as big of a Yandle defender as I am, he needs to get his head out of his ***.

Good. Good. Let the hate flow through you. :D

I hope some come around to the idea of trading him. He is a chaotic player in a system that strives for averages and predictability. His value will never be higher...

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
All things considered, Ribs has performed at expectations. It's not exactly his fault he has to line up with David ******* Moss and has a revolving door of wingers who are more or less hot mess potatoes when it comes to shooting the puck.

Pi, before the season began you were saying he was a 1+point player per game. Proof is in, he is nothing close to that! I get the fact that he has had below average linemates, who have done little to help his cause. What bothers me is the rest of his game is practically non-existent! He plays small and light and I am guessing that he is a pain in the ass to play with because his head resides in the offensive zone and he prefers space as opposed to being a mucker! The opposition knows his tendencies of, "pass first" and learned to play him that way! It surprises me that they brought him into this system, where defense rules, he, Yandle and a few others are the ones responsible for this mess. On the bright side, OEL is spectacular, what a gamer and clutch player, love the guy!:yo:

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
What is yandles +/- now? The guy is a train wreck, sure he can score , but his play is going to cost this team a spot in the playoffs! If I am DT, I sit him for a game and ask him to spend some time in the press box attempting to determine how to play just a modicum of D.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Yandle has been a plus (+) player 4 out of the last 5 years (this year being the minus)...all he needs is a different partner.

He and DeMo are not good together. Yandle brings too much to the table to give up on him now, let's get him a Z type defender to pair him with and he'll be fine.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Didn't catch this one but the statline doesn't lie: +1 for OEL, -3 for Yandle and Morris.

Good. Good. Let the hate flow through you. :D

I hope some come around to the idea of trading him. He is a chaotic player in a system that strives for averages and predictability. His value will never be higher...

You won't get me there, XX. My ability for rational thought isn't clouded by this moment, frustrating and hair pulling it is.

I think Yandle needs a new partner like Summers, Michalek or maybe Fayne, as Morris has been hot garbage too in his own end this season. If Gormley can step in and be OEL-lite next season on our 3rd pairing, I have no problems using Yandle as our offensive curveball sandwiched between 2 steadier layers.

Like it or not, even if he needs to take a remedial class in "decision making and positioning in the defensive zone", Yandle still has more pure offensive talent than either OEL or Gormley at this point. Unless we're getting back quite a bit, we are going to lose quite a bit of offensive ability if Yandle is gone (and we're still not exactly an offensive juggernaut). And if you think Yandle is bad, try watching Karlsson this season, or Letang on the Penguins. This is the double edged sword of being a consistently 50+ point offensive defenseman in this league.

In the end I think Yandle's play in his own end this season is an aberration instead of a new normal. But I really hope he regresses to the mean sooner than later. And I'd give him a new partner to possibly jump start that.

Last edited:

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Pi, before the season began you were saying he was a 1+point player per game. Proof is in, he is nothing close to that! I get the fact that he has had below average linemates, who have done little to help his cause. What bothers me is the rest of his game is practically non-existent! He plays small and light and I am guessing that he is a pain in the ass to play with because his head resides in the offensive zone and he prefers space as opposed to being a mucker! The opposition knows his tendencies of, "pass first" and learned to play him that way! It surprises me that they brought him into this system, where defense rules, he, Yandle and a few others are the ones responsible for this mess. On the bright side, OEL is spectacular, what a gamer and clutch player, love the guy!:yo:

mesa, I'm not going to reignite this debate over Ribeiro with you. I'm beyond it.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Do you think the $22MM was worth it? Seriously, the guy has major holes in his game, a $22MM passing guy is not going to get the Yotes too far, time for them to reevaluate this deal!

We are stuck with Riberio, unless we buy him out. And with our financial situation, I don't think that is possible. 4 year deal, with an NMC. One of the things he was looking for when signing a new team was stability so his family doesn't have to move again. I'd like to see what he can do with legitimate wingers, before we write him off.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Do you think the $22MM was worth it? Seriously, the guy has major holes in his game, a $22MM passing guy is not going to get the Yotes too far, time for them to reevaluate this deal!

If Ribs can get into the middle 50's at the end of this year, I think he'll only be overpaid by 1M. And I think it'll be an accomplishment with whom he's had to work with on 5v5.

Maloney will certainly try to upgrade Ribs's winger situation this off-season - he won't touch him after Year 1, esp. with that NMC. But if Ribs underperforms again next season, that's when he'll reevaluate.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'd really like to see Gormley get put opposite Yandle. I think DeMo has played absolutely like crap except for the first month of the season.

Gormley or Summers would be better. Summers looks good to me.

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
If Ribs can get into the middle 50's at the end of this year, I think he'll only be overpaid by 1M. And I think it'll be an accomplishment with whom he's had to work with on 5v5.

Maloney will certainly try to upgrade Ribs's winger situation this off-season - he won't touch him after Year 1, esp. with that NMC. But if Ribs underperforms again next season, that's when he'll reevaluate.
I agree!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->